Product Code: IRTNTR7712
Market overview of polymer nanocomposites
In spite of their high cost, the use of polymer nanocomposites has gained significant market traction in industries such as automobiles, where mechanical properties, low weight, and the ability to withstand high loads are major factors. Technavioa's market research analysts predict the global polymer nanocomposites market to grow at a CAGR of more than 24% until 2019.
The market is witnessing the introduction of innovative bio-based nanocomposites that are expected to contribute to its sustainability. However, the market growth is likely to be restricted by factors such as the high R&D cost for vendors and the high deployment costs for end-users
Market segmentation of the global polymer nanocomposites market by product type
- Clay-based nanocomposites
- Carbon nanotubes
In terms of revenue, the clay-based nanocomposites segment accounted for a major share of the global polymer nanocomposites market in 2014. The latest trend in this segment is to fill the polymer between individual clay sheets or to disperse the clay sheets into the polymeric matrix. In the future, the use of hybrid materials is expected to provide higher thermal stability and barrier properties, less shrinkage, and improved resistance to solvents, scratches, and fire.
Market segmentation of the global polymer nanocomposites market by application
- Medical and healthcare
- Protective clothing and material
- Filter media
- Optical application
- Electrical conductors
The food packaging industry is the second largest consumer of polymer nanocomposites. The high barrier properties of polymer nanocomposites enhance the shelf-life of packaged food items. It is used in the packaging industry for making wrapping films and beverage containers.
However, as traditional plastics are not degradable and pollute the environment, the market is witnessing a growing demand for biodegradable and environment friendly plastics. It has resulted in an increasing use of nanocomposites to manufacture various biodegradable polymers in the food and beverage segment.
Geographical segmentation of the global polymer nanocomposites market
APAC accounted for the largest share of the global polymer nanocomposites market due to widespread adoption in industrial sectors such as automotive, packaging, electronics & semiconductor, aerospace, defense, and coatings. The region is witnessing a surge in industrialization and infrastructure development, and it is likely to propel the polymer nanocomposites market in the APAC region.
Competitive market landscape for polymer nanocomposites
- Hybrid Plastics
- Industrial Nanotech
Industrialization and infrastructure development have led to an increase in the consumption of polymer nanocomposites for various specialized products. For instance, Bayer has just developed a new grade of plastic films for food packaging, made from nylon-6 exfoliated nanocomposites. The presence of developing economies, such as China and
India poses a key market opportunity for the vendors in this market.
Other prominent vendors in this market include AVEKA, Crown Poly, Crown Manufacturing, NaturalNano, Noble Polymers, Nanocor, Nanolab Technologies, Nanmat Technology, Nanotech Industrial Solutions, Parabon NanoLabs, and SiM Composites.
Key questions answered in the report
- What are the key factors driving the global polymer nanocomposites market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global polymer nanocomposites market?
- What are the various opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global polymer nanocomposites market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares for EMEA, APAC, and Americas?
- Key outcome of the five forces analysis on the global polymer nanocomposites market?
- Growth forecast of the global polymer nanocomposites market until 2019?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Product offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
- PEST analysis
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
- Technical perspective
PART 05: Market landscape
- Industry overview
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by product type
- Types of polymer nanocomposite
PART 07: Market segmentation by application
- Automobile industry
- Food packaging industry
- Electronics and semiconductor industry
- Construction industry
- Other industries
PART 08: Geographical segmentation
- Market share 2014
- Market share 2019
PART 09: Impact of drivers
PART 10: Market drivers
PART 11: Market challenges
PART 12: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 13: Market trends
PART 14: Vendor landscape
- Competitive landscape
- Key vendors
- Other prominent vendors
PART 15: Key Vendor Analysis
- BYK- Additives
- Hybrid Plastics
- Industrial Nanotech
PART 16: Key recommendations for vendors/investors
PART 17: Appendix
PART 18: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 01: Semiconductor industry PEST analysis
- Exhibit 02: Properties of polymer nanocomposites
- Exhibit 03: Segmentation of global polymer nanocomposites market
- Exhibit 04: Global polymer nanocomposites market size 2015-2019 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 05: Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 06: Applications of nanofiber
- Exhibit 07: Global polymer nanocomposites market by product type 2014
- Exhibit 08: Global polymer nanocomposites market by product type 2019
- Exhibit 09: Global polymer nanocomposites market in automobile industry ($ millions)
- Exhibit 10: Global polymer nanocomposites market in food packaging industry ($ billions)
- Exhibit 11: Global polymer nanocomposites market in electronics and semiconductor industry ($ billions)
- Exhibit 12: Global polymer nanocomposites market in construction industry ($ billions)
- Exhibit 13: Global polymer nanocomposites market in other industries ($ billions)
- Exhibit 14: Global polymer nanocomposites market by geography 2014
- Exhibit 15: Global polymer nanocomposites market by geography 2019
- Exhibit 16: Polymer nanocomposites market in APAC ($ billions)
- Exhibit 17: Polymer nanocomposites market in EMEA ($ billions)
- Exhibit 18: Polymer nanocomposites market in Americas ($ billions)
- Exhibit 19: BYK- Additives : Industries served
- Exhibit 20: Foster: Product segmentation
- Exhibit 21: Hybrid Plastics: Product segmentation
- Exhibit 22: Industrial Nanotech: Product segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Inframat: Product segmentation
- Exhibit 24: InMat : Product segmentation