Product Code: IRTNTR7676
Market analysis of leather goods
Technavioa's market research analyst predicts the leather goods industry to grow at a CAGR of around 4% during the forecast period. The rise in export of leather is the primary driver for the growth of this market. For instance, during 2014, the US exported hides, skins and semi-processed leather which generated a revenue of around USD 3 billion. China, Taiwan, Korea, Mexico, and the European countries were the biggest importers of leather products during 2014. Moreover, the growth of the global automobile industry is also fueling the demand for leather upholstery.
The growing demand for organic leather products is expected to contribute to the market growth during the forecast period. Conventional leather tanning has a disastrous effect on human health and also creates an ecological imbalance. Eco leather is organically tanned where the tanning process includes using plant tannins, vegetable tannins and smoke for the process. For instance, Natureally, a UK-based vendor, uses only certified leather from selected British farms. The leather is chrome-free, environmentally friendly and is certified free of harmful substances by the German certification body TUV Rheinland.
Product segmentation and analysis of - footwear, bags, wallets, purses, luggage
The footwear segment dominated the market during 2014 with a market share of 59%.
The report offers an analysis of each of the following segments and discusses its impact on the overall market growth -
- Bags, wallets and purses
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the leather goods industry
The Americas accounted for 39% of the market share during 2014 and is predicted to retain its leadership until the end of 2019. The US is the market leader in this region followed by Canada. Product innovation and technological advancement are the primary growth drivers of this market.
Competitive landscape and key vendors - Hermes, Prada, Coach, Kering, Louis Vuitton
The leather goods industry is highly fragmented due to the presence of both top vendors and private players operating across the globe. The market is expected to be more competitive during the forecast period as a result of several product launches, price wars, mergers and acquisitions.
The leading vendors in the market are -
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
- What are the key factors driving the leather goods industry?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the leather goods industry?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the leather goods market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the leather goods industry?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, Europe, and MEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the leather goods industry?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by product
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
- Global leather goods industry by geographical segmentation 2014-2019
PART 08: Key leading countries
PART 09: Market drivers
PART 10: Impact of drivers
PART 11: Market challenges
PART 12: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 13: Market trends
PART 14: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Market share analysis 2014
- Other prominent vendors
PART 15: Key vendor analysis
PART 16: Appendix
PART 17: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 01: Product offerings
- Exhibit 02: Global leather goods industry
- Exhibit 03: Global leather exports market by revenue ($ billions)
- Exhibit 04: Leather goods manufacturing process
- Exhibit 05: Global leather goods industry ($ billions)
- Exhibit 06: Distribution channel: Retail format sales
- Exhibit 07: Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 08: Global leather goods industry
- Exhibit 09: Geographical segmentation of the global leather goods industry ($ billions)
- Exhibit 10: Key leading countries
- Exhibit 11: Trends, drivers, and challenges in the US market
- Exhibit 12: Trends, drivers, and challenges in the China market
- Exhibit 13: Trends, drivers, and challenges in the Japanese market
- Exhibit 14: Trends, drivers, and challenges in the German market
- Exhibit 15: Trends, drivers, and challenges in the French market
- Exhibit 16: Market drivers in the leather goods industry
- Exhibit 17: Impact of drivers
- Exhibit 18: Challenges in the leather goods industry
- Exhibit 19: Impact of drivers and challenges
- Exhibit 20: Market trends in the global leather goods industry
- Exhibit 21: Coach: Business segmentation by revenue 2015
- Exhibit 22: Coach: Business segmentation by revenue 2014 and 2015 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 23: Coach: Product segmentation by revenue 2015
- Exhibit 24: Coach: Product segmentation by revenue 2014 and 2015 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 25: Coach: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2015
- Exhibit 26: Hermes: product segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 27: Hermes: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 28: Kering: Business division by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 29: Kering: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 30: LVMH: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 31: LVMH: Business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 32: LVMH: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 33: Prada: Product segmentation
- Exhibit 34: Prada: Product segmentation by revenue 2015
- Exhibit 35: Prada: Product segmentation by revenue 2014 and 2015 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 36: Prada: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014