Product Code: IRTNTR7580
Market outlook of the voice recognition market for smartphones in the US
Voice recognition is a type of authentication technology where sounds, words, or phrases spoken by humans are converted into electrical signals with assigned meanings. In this market research report, Technavio analysts estimate the voice recognition market in the US to surpass USD 601 million by 2019 owing to its augmented application in sending mails, messages, and we search.
Growing popularity of voice recognition in smartphones is the key driver for the growth of this market. Since voice recognition eases the way users search websites, take notes, and send emails, it is gradually expected to gain traction and boost market growth during the forecast period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
This market is dominated by large vendors like Apple and Google who provide technology to smartphone OEMs to enable voice recognition. Smaller vendors entering this market focus on developing apps that are more accurate, and faster than Apples' Siri or Googles Google Now.
Leading vendors in this market are -
- Nuance Communications
Voice recognition: A revolution on the rise
Voice recognition technology has been available for decades but wasn't suited for smartphones owing to their low processing power and lack of internet connectivity. However, with the advancement of processing capabilities and the improvement of network connectivity, voice recognition has become a common feature in smartphones.
Growth drivers, challenges, and upcoming trends: Voice recognition
Technavio's market research analyst has estimated upcoming trends, such as crowdfunding, to spur market growth during the forecast period. As most voice recognition apps present in the market are not perfect in context of accuracy and user friendliness, multiple small vendors try to enter this market through crowdfunding to raise funds for their projects and to gain prominence in this market during the forecast period.
This report provides a number of factors contributing to the adoption, limitations, and opportunities of the voice recognition market for smartphones in the US. It also offers an analysis of each factor and an estimation of the extent to which the factors are likely to impact the overall market growth.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
- What are the key factors driving the voice recognition market for smartphones in the US?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the voice recognition market for smartphones in the US?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the voice recognition market for smartphones in the US?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the voice recognition market for smartphones in the US?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the voice recognition market for smartphones in the US?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
- PART 02: Scope of the report
- Base year
- Forecast period
- Market coverage
- Market size calculation
- Top-vendor offerings
- PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
- PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
- Functioning of technology
- Structure of voice recognition system
- Voice recognition: A growing revolution
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market drivers
- Increase in mobility
- Growing popularity of voice recognition in smartphones
- Cloud-based voice recognition
- Safety regulations
PART 07: Impact of drivers
PART 08: Market challenges
- Improving accuracy
- Low usage of voice recognition
- Need for constant connectivity
- Overcoming self-consciousness
PART 09: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 10: Market trends
- Increase in web search on mobile devices
- Growing investment in voice recognition technology
- Voice recognition software becoming like a personal assistant
PART 11: Vendor landscape
PART 12: Key vendor analysis
- Nuance Communications
PART 13: Appendix
PART 14: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 01: Product offerings
- Exhibit 02: Voice recognition process
- Exhibit 03: Structure of voice recognition system
- Exhibit 04: Voice recognition market for smartphones in US ($ millions)
- Exhibit 05: Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 06: Impact of drivers
- Exhibit 07: Impact of drivers and challenges
- Exhibit 08: Time spent per user per day on smartphones in US 2011-2015
- Exhibit 09: Competitive scenario: Voice recognition technology
- Exhibit 10: Apple: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 11: Apple: Business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014
- Exhibit 12: Google: Comparison of advertising revenues and other revenues 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 13: Google: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 14: Microsoft: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 15: Microsoft: Business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 16: Microsoft: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 17: Nuance Communications: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 18: Nuance Communications: Business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 19: Nuance Communications: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014