Product Code: IRTNTR8076
Market outlook of the global medical imaging market
Technavio's market research analyst predicts that the global market for medical imaging will grow at a CAGR of nearly 5% by 2020. The growing focus on R&D to provide high-quality imaging for better diagnosis and treatment of diseases is a critical factor that drives the global demand for medical imaging devices during the forecast period.
In this market research, analysts have estimated eminent factors, such as the advent of 4D medical imaging technology, to spur market growth during the forecast period. Since 4D imaging technology enables doctors to create a 3D picture in real time, its augmented application in ultrasound systems will foster the prospects for growth in this market during the predicted period.
Product-based segmentation of the medical imaging market
- CT Scanners
- General X-rays
The general X-ray imaging segment currently dominates the market and is anticipated to grow at a modest CAGR of more than 3% by 2020. Factors such as increased regulatory approvals of imaging systems, the advent of improved and rapid imaging technologies, and the growing focus on early diagnosis and treatment will lead to growth in this market segment during the forecast period.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the medical imaging market
Technavio market research analysts estimate the medical imaging market in APAC to grow at a CAGR of more than 8% by 2020. The introduction of government initiatives that focuses on the improvement of healthcare infrastructure in developing economies is a significant factor that results in this region's impressive market growth rate during the forecast period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global market for medical imaging is highly competitive due to the presence of many multinational companies that consistently focus on R&D to bring about product innovations. The major players in this market are focusing on value segments and advanced products that can provide high-quality imaging at a faster diagnosis time. This growing focus on value segments will help vendors to bolster product sales during the forecast period.
Leading vendors in the market are -
Other prominent vendors in the market include Hitachi Medical Corporation, Hologic, Esaote, Fujifilm Holdings, Sectra, Atlantis Worldwide, Imaging equipment, TeraRecon, Varian Medical Systems, Lupica Medical Systems, Fisher Medical Technologies, Medical imaging IMCO Inc., OREX Computed Radiography, Swissray, Mindray Medical International, Planmeca, Brain Biosciences, CMR Naviscan, Mediso Medical Imaging Systems, NIPK Electron, Analogic Corporation, Sonosite, Samsung Medison, TomTec, BK Medical, Zonare Medical Systems
Key questions answered in the report include:
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global medical imaging market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global medical imaging market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global medical imaging market?
- What are the trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the medical imaging market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by technique
- Market overview
- Global market for medical imaging by techniques
- Global MRI imaging market
- Global CT scanner imaging market
- Global general X-ray imaging market
- Global SPECT/PET imaging market
- Global ultrasound imaging market
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
- Global medical imaging market by geography 2015
- Medical imaging market in Americas
- Medical imaging market in EMEA
- Medical imaging market in APAC
PART 08: Market drivers
PART 09: Market challenges
PART 10: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 11: Market trends
PART 12: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Key news
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Market share analysis
- Other prominent vendors
PART 13: Key vendor analysis
- Carestream Health
- GE Healthcare
- Philips Healthcare
- Siemens Healthcare
- Toshiba Medical Systems
PART 14: Appendix
PART 15: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 01: Product offerings
- Exhibit 02: Segmentation of global medical imaging market
- Exhibit 03: Global medical imaging market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 04: Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 05: Segmentation of the global medical imaging market by technique 2015
- Exhibit 06: Global MRI imaging market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 07: Global CT imaging market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 08: Global general X-ray imaging market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 09: Segmentation of the global X-rays market by market share 2015
- Exhibit 10: Global SPECT/PET imaging market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 11: Segmentation of PET/SPECT market by technology 2015
- Exhibit 12: Global ultrasound imaging market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 13: Global medical imaging market by geography 2015
- Exhibit 14: Medical imaging market in Americas 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 15: Medical imaging market in EMEA 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 16: Medical imaging market in APAC 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 17: Impact of drivers
- Exhibit 18: Declining reimbursement for global medical imaging market (average % change by modality)
- Exhibit 19: Impact of drivers and challenges
- Exhibit 20: Global medical imaging market share analysis 2015
- Exhibit 21: Carestream Health: Key takeaways
- Exhibit 22: GE Healthcare: Key takeaways
- Exhibit 23: Philips Healthcare: Key takeaways
- Exhibit 24: Siemens Healthcare: Key takeaways
- Exhibit 25: Toshiba Medical Systems: Key takeaways
- Exhibit 26: Carestream Health: Products
- Exhibit 27: Philips Healthcare: Business segmentation by revenue 2014