Product Code: IRTNTR8110
Market overview of Bluetooth beacons in retail
Technavio's market research analyst expects the global Bluetooth beacons market in retail to grow at a remarkable CAGR of around 17% during the forecast period. Since a substantial contribution in the retail industry comes from organized retail, which include hypermarkets, supermarkets, department stores, discounters, specialty stores, and cash & carry stores, the growth in organized retailing is expediting the growth of the Bluetooth beacons devices market.
Multichannel marketing as well as in the product distribution in the retail industry has become one of the major trends, which is driving the growth of the market. Bluetooth beacons manufacturers are following this trend and are developing software apps for beacons as well as manufacturing beacon devices. One such example is that Estimote, a top beacon device manufacturer, is developing mobile software app for both the iOS and Android platform.
Geographical segmentation of the Bluetooth beacons market in retail
- North America
- ROW (Latin America and MEA)
North America has the largest penetration of organized retails, hence this region generates the majority of the revenue in the Bluetooth beacons market in the retail industry. The US being the largest market in this region, holds a market share of close to 84% in terms of the shipments of beacon devices as of 2015.
Segmentation by technology standard of the Bluetooth beacons market in retail
- Microsoft 10
The iBeacon technology, which was launched by Apple in late 2013 commands over the Bluetooth beacons market in the retail industry with an enormous share of over 77% as of 2015. However, as per Technavio's estimation, the Eddystone technology is expected to grow at a higher CAGR than iBeacon, and it is likely to get close to the market share of iBeacon during the forecast period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global Bluetooth beacons device market is still in its nascent stage as the technology as well as the product is relatively new in the market. Most of the retailers are deploying the beacon devices in try and test mode, and the vendors are at present not in for aggressive marketing for their products. Nevertheless, manufacturers have now started to innovate the end products using the same and standardized technology available in the global market.
The key vendors in this market are -
The other prominent vendors in the market include Blue Sense Networks, Gelo, Glimworm Beacons, Onyx Beacon, and Sensorberg.
Key questions answered in the report
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global Bluetooth beacons market in retail?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global Bluetooth beacons market in retail?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global Bluetooth beacons market in retail?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global Bluetooth beacons market in retail?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the APAC, Europe, North America, and ROW.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global Bluetooth beacons market in retail?
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Market size and forecast by revenue
- Market size and forecast by volume
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by technology standards
PART 07: Market segmentation by users (retail formats)
PART 08: Geographical segmentation
- Global Bluetooth beacon market in retail by geographical segmentation 2015
PART 09: Key leading countries
PART 10: Market drivers
PART 11: Impact of drivers
PART 12: Market challenges
PART 13: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 14: Market trends
PART 15: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Other prominent vendors
PART 16: Key vendor analysis
- Qualcomm (Gimbal)
PART 17: Appendix
PART 18: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibts
- Exhibit 01: Product offerings
- Exhibit 02: Challenges vs market development
- Exhibit 03: Contribution of organized retail in the overall retail industry of the country in 2015
- Exhibit 04: Global Bluetooth beacon device market
- Exhibit 05: Global Bluetooth beacon device market by application industry (revenue share)
- Exhibit 06: Global Bluetooth beacon market in retail by revenue 2015-2020 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 07: Global Bluetooth beacon market in retail by volume 2015-2020 (millions of units)
- Exhibit 08: Revenue and volume growth rate comparison of global Bluetooth beacon market in retail 2015-2020
- Exhibit 09: Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 10: Global Bluetooth beacon device market in retail by technology standards
- Exhibit 11: Global Bluetooth beacon device market in retail by technology standards (shipments share)
- Exhibit 12: Global smartphone operating system market by usage
- Exhibit 13: Global Bluetooth beacon device market in retail by retail format segmentation
- Exhibit 14: Global Bluetooth beacon market in retail by retail format segmentation 2015 (shipment share)
- Exhibit 15: Global Bluetooth beacon market in retail by geographical segmentation 2015 (shipment share)
- Exhibit 16: Key leading countries
- Exhibit 17: Key leading countries segmentation by shipments (share)
- Exhibit 18: Market overview in the US
- Exhibit 19: Market overview in Japan
- Exhibit 20: Market overview in Germany
- Exhibit 21: Market overview in France
- Exhibit 22: Market overview in the UK
- Exhibit 23: Market drivers
- Exhibit 24: Impact of drivers
- Exhibit 25: Market challenges
- Exhibit 26: Impact of drivers and challenges
- Exhibit 27: Market trends
- Exhibit 28: BlueCats: Product segmentation
- Exhibit 29: Estimote: Retail Applications
- Exhibit 30: Kontakt.io: Product Segmentation
- Exhibit 31: Qualcomm: business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 32: Qualcomm: business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 33: Qualcomm: geographical segmentation by Revenue 2014