Product Code: IRTNTR8167
Market outlook of actuators market
Technavio's market research analyst predicts the global actuator market to post a CAGR of approximately 4% from 2016 to 2020. Increased investments in automation projects will further fuel the demand for actuators during this period. Oil and gas industries, as well as the water and wastewater industries, will majorly influence the demand for actuators until 2020.
This market research report emphasizes on the growing popularity of electric actuators. The major reason behind the rapid growth of this segment lies in its operational efficiency as well as overall cost benefits it offers. Analysts anticipate the oil and gas industry in the Middle East and Africa to emerge as one of the most important end-users of actuators, thereby surging a huge demand in the near future.
Product segmentation and analysis of the actuator market
- Pneumatic actuator
- Hydraulic actuator
- Electric actuator
Compared to the other types, the electric actuator market is likely to see a high growth rate between 2015 and 2020. According to the global research report, the ever-growing need to improve productivity, increase efficiency, and minimize downtime for the control of valves in industrial facilities has largely contributed to the growth of this segment. The forecast also predicts the introduction of many innovative offerings with lifetime service support by the leading vendors in this market. This market is predicted to grow rapidly and gain more market share by the end of 2020.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the actuator market
- North America
North America accounted for the largest share of this market in 2015. The extensive presence of a large number of automated plants and facilities in this region drives the market. This regional market is being spurred by the necessity to improve existing facilities and oil and gas exploration.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global actuator market is marked by the presence of big international players that offer a wide portfolio of products. Apart from the leading players, the market is fragmented within several regional vendors, especially from the developing nations. However, as actuators need to guarantee precision and reliability in operation that necessitate require heavy investments, the market is mostly dominated by the big international vendors.
Major vendors operating in the market are: -
- Emerson Electric
The other prominent vendors of the market include ATI, Crane, Curtiss-Wright, Eaton, Honeywell, Moog, Rockwell Collins, Saab, SMC, and Woodward.
Key questions answered in the report
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global actuator market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the actuator market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global actuator market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of APAC, Europe, North America, and ROW.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the actuator market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by product
- Global pneumatic actuator market
- Global hydraulic actuator market
- Global electric actuator market
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
- Actuator market in North America
- Actuator market in Asia-Pacific (APAC)
- Actuator market in Europe
- Actuator market in ROW
PART 08: Market drivers
PART 09: Impact of drivers
PART 10: Market challenges
PART 11: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 12: Market trends
PART 13: Vendor landscape
PART 14: Key vendor analysis
- Emerson Electric
PART 15: Appendix
PART 16: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 01: Product offerings
- Exhibit 02: Types of actuators
- Exhibit 03: Global actuator market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 04: Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 05: Global actuator market: Product segmentation 2015 and 2020
- Exhibit 06: Global pneumatic actuator market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 07: Global hydraulic actuator market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 08: Global electric actuator market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 09: Geographical segmentation of global actuator market 2015 and 2020
- Exhibit 10: Actuator market in North America 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 11: Actuator market in APAC 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 12: Urban population trend in India 1970-2040 (millions)
- Exhibit 13: Actuator market in Europe 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 14: Actuator market in ROW 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 15: Impact of drivers
- Exhibit 16: Price trend of copper ($/MT) August 2014-January 2015
- Exhibit 17: Impact of drivers and challenges
- Exhibit 18: Pentair: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 19: Pentair: Business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 20: Pentair: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014