Product Code: IRTNTR8109
Market outlook of the global wireless charging market
Technavio's market research analyst predicts the global wireless charging market to grow at an impressive CAGR of more than 33% by 2020. The augmented adoption of wireless computing devices like tablets and smartphones will necessitate the need for wireless charging devices as they help in charging devices wherever and whenever required; thus, eliminating the need for charging cables.
The integration of wireless charging for smartphones in automobiles will drive market growth during the forecast period. With the integration of wireless charging pads in automobiles, the consumer no longer needs to keep a charger in the car or worry about plugging their device into the vehicle. Since this technology is estimated to become prevalent across all vehicle segments during the forecast period, their augmented incorporation in all variants of automobiles will lead to market growth.
Application-based segmentation of the wireless charging market
- Consumer electronics
- Electric vehicles
In this market study, Technavio analysts have estimated the consumer electronics segment to be the largest market segment during the estimated period. Much of this segment's growth can be attributed to the proliferation of devices like smartphones, tablets, portable PCs, and wearable electronics, which require frequent charging for optimal performance.
Geographical segmentation of the wireless charging market
Technavio's market research analysts have estimated the Americas to account for more than 36% of the total market share by 2020. The growing awareness of wireless power technology among consumers and the increase in adoption of wireless charging for industrial applications are the two critical factors that propel market growth in this region during the estimated period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
This market is highly competitive and is characterized by the presence of large players and start-ups like Ubeam. Since the global wireless charging market is still in its development stage, the vendors in this market try to gain prominence by offering high-quality, affordable products to consumers. To survive and succeed in this market, the vendors have to distinguish their products and service offerings through a clear and unique value proposition.
The key vendors in this market are -
Other prominent vendors in the market include Anker, Energizer Holding, LS Cable & System, Oregon Scientific, Pure Energy Solutions, Texas Instruments, Wisepower, and Leggett and Platt.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global wireless charging market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the wireless charging market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global wireless charging market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the wireless charging market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by application
- Global wireless charging market segmentation by application
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
- Global wireless charging market 2015-2020 by region
PART 08: Market drivers
PART 09: Impact of drivers
PART 10: Market challenges
PART 11: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 12: Market trends
PART 13: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Other prominent vendors
PART 14: Key vendor analysis
- Duracell Powermat
- Fulton Innovation
PART 15: Appendix
PART 16: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 01: Product offerings
- Exhibit 02: Global wireless charging market
- Exhibit 03: Comparison of four major wireless charging technologies 2014
- Exhibit 04: Global wireless charging market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 05: Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 06: Global wireless charging market segmentation by application 2015-2020
- Exhibit 07: Global wireless charging market segmentation by application ($ billions)
- Exhibit 08: EVs market share by countries 2014
- Exhibit 09: Global wireless charging market 2015-2020 by region
- Exhibit 10: Global wireless charging market 2015-2020 by region ($ billions)
- Exhibit 11: Global wireless charging market for wearable devices 2016-2020 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 12: Impact of drivers
- Exhibit 13: List of key standards for wireless charging 2014
- Exhibit 14: Impact of drivers and challenges
- Exhibit 15: Bestselling EVs of 2014
- Exhibit 16: Duracell Powermat: Product segmentation 2014
- Exhibit 17: Fulton Innovation: Product segmentation 2014
- Exhibit 18: WiTricity: Product segmentation 2014
- Exhibit 19: Qualcomm: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 20: Qualcomm: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 21: Qualcomm: Business segmentation by revenue 2011-2014 ($ billions)