Product Code: IRTNTR8184
Market outlook of the wash basin market
Technavio's research analysts predict the global wash basin market to grow at a CAGR of around 9% during the forecast period. The growing infrastructure development in sectors such as water, power, and transportation due to increasing urbanization across the world is the primary growth driver for this market. Demographic changes like aging population influence the type and amount of spending on infrastructure. For instance, aging population in Western Europe and Japan is increasing the number of healthcare facilities in these countries. The development in these sectors is boosting the demand for wash basins as hygiene is an important consideration for urban development.
On an average, nearly five gallons of water is used with each flush in water closets. To avoid wastage, consumers prefer integrating wash basins with water closets (WCs). This integration is anticipated to aid the market growth during the forecast period. This concept was introduced by Caroma, an Australian manufacturer of commercial and residential bathroom products, and was modified by Roca, a Spanish manufacturer of bathroom products.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the wash basin market
APAC accounted for 45% of the market share during 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 10% during the forecast period. The increase in urban population in this region has resulted in traffic congestion and a shortage of housing. To cater to these needs, countries in the region are extensively focusing on urban development that would drive the wash basin market over the next four years. For instance, the Indian government has planned to invest $650 billion in the development of urban infrastructure in the country between 2015 and 2035.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The growth of the construction market globally is playing a vital role in the growth of the wash basin market globally. During 2015, Asia was the major revenue contributor due to the increased infrastructural development in the region. Vendors are also investing in designing, planning, developing, branding, expanding existing facilities, and acquiring new players in the market.
The leading vendors in the market are -
The other prominent vendors in the market include Duratex, HSIL, Lixil Group, Roca Sanitario, Villeroy & Boch, Burgbad, Drummonds, MAAX Bath, Kaies Sanitary Ware, and EczacIbasI (Vitra).
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global wash basin market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of wash basin market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global wash basin market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the wash basin market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Industry overview
- Segmentation of bathroom fittings by type
- Wash basins by design type
- Wash basins by type of material
- Construction market segments
PART 06: Market landscape
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
- Segmentation of global wash basin market by region
- Wash basin market in APAC
- Wash basin market in EMEA
- Wash basin market in Americas
PART 08: Market drivers
- Rise in spending on infrastructure
- Increased investment in refurbishment of aging infrastructure
- Rapid urbanization
PART 09: Impact of drivers
PART 10: Market challenges
- Complexity in plumbing designs
- Environmental impact of wash basin production
- Intense competition
PART 11: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 12: Market trends
- Growing popularity of wall hung wash basins
- Integration of wash basins with water closets
- Increased use of dual sinks in kitchens
PART 13: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Key highlights
- Other prominent vendors
PART 14: Appendix
PART 15: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 01: Product offerings
- Exhibit 02: Segmentation of bathroom fittings by type
- Exhibit 03: Wash basins by design type
- Exhibit 04: Wash basins by type of material
- Exhibit 05: Global residential construction market 2015-2020 ($ trillions)
- Exhibit 06: Prominent hotels expected to open during the forecast period
- Exhibit 07: Number of hotels under construction by region 2015
- Exhibit 08: Number of hotels under construction globally 2015-2018
- Exhibit 09: Investment in global airport construction sector by region 2015 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 10: Investment in railway infrastructure globally 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 11: Global wash basin market 2015-2020 (millions of units)
- Exhibit 12: Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 13: Segmentation of global wash basin market by region 2015
- Exhibit 14: Wash basin market in APAC 2015-2020 (millions of units)
- Exhibit 15: Wash basin market in EMEA 2015-2020 (millions of units)
- Exhibit 16: Wash basin market in Americas 2015-2020 (millions of units)
- Exhibit 17: Global construction market spending by sector 2015-2020 ($ trillions)
- Exhibit 18: Impact of drivers
- Exhibit 19: Impact of drivers and challenges