Product Code: IRTNTR7848
Market outlook of storage virtualization
The increase in implementation of virtualization solutions has led to a rapid development of server virtualization solutions. It increases the productivity of servers and the network as a whole. Technavios market research analysts predict the global storage virtualization market to grow at a CAGR of more than 24% from 2015 to 2019.
There need for centralization of all processes in the network and scaling of computing resources in the network to reduce workloads drives its adoption. The increase in IT spending by enterprises and the growing amount of storage data generated by cloud computing and IoT will emerge as some key factors propelling the demand for virtual storage until 2019.
Research scope of the global storage virtualization market
In this market research study, analysts have calculated the market size of global storage virtualization considering the following:
- Revenue generated from the implementation of storage virtualization appliances and software.
- The report discusses storage virtualization based on implementation technology as host-based, network-based, or system-based.
- It also discusses the market segmented based on the type of virtualization namely, block-based and file-based.
Geographical segmentation of the global storage virtualization market
The US has contributed the maximum towards the global storage virtualization market. Many large enterprises in the country including government agencies, cloud service providers (CSPs), and colocation and Web hosting service providers operate their data centers in this region.
Storage virtualization offers several benefits to these organizations through higher utilization of storage resources. It also helps in the consolidation of data center facilities through reduced power consumption and cost.
Leading vendors analyzed in this report
The other prominent vendors of this market include DataCore Software, EMC, Hitachi Data Systems, and NetApp.
Key questions answered in the report
- What are the key factors driving the global storage virtualization market
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global storage virtualization market
- What are the various opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global storage virtualization market
- Trending factors influencing the market shares for EMEA, APAC, and Americas
- Key outcome of the five forces analysis on the global storage virtualization market
- Growth forecast of the global storage virtualization market until 2019
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
Key market highlights
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by type of virtualization
PART 07: Market segmentation by technology
PART 08: Geographical segmentation
PART 09: Market drivers
PART 10: Impact of drivers
PART 11: Market challenges
PART 12: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 13: Market trends
PART 14: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Other prominent vendors
PART 15: Key vendor analysis
PART 16: Appendix
PART 17: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 01: Scope of the report
- Exhibit 02: Product offerings
- Exhibit 03: Architecture of server virtualization
- Exhibit 04: Different types of virtualization
- Exhibit 05: Global storage virtualization market 2014-2019 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 06: Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 07: Storage virtualization by types
- Exhibit 08: Architecture of block-level storage virtualization
- Exhibit 09: Architecture of file-level virtualization
- Exhibit 10: Storage virtualization by implementation methods
- Exhibit 11: Host-based virtualization architecture
- Exhibit 12: Network-based virtualization architecture
- Exhibit 13: Array-based virtualization architecture
- Exhibit 14: Geographical segmentation 2014
- Exhibit 15: Impact of drivers
- Exhibit 16: Impact of drivers and challenges
- Exhibit 17: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 18: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 19: HP: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 20: HP: Business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014
- Exhibit 21: IBM: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 22: IBM: Business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 23: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 24: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 25: Business segmentation by revenue FY2014 and FY2015 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 26: Geographical segmentation 2015