Product Code: IRTNTR7634
Market overview of the global IT storage services market
This research report considers revenues generated through storage services such as storage management, deployment and support, consulting, and system integration. Technavio's market research analysts predict the global storage services market to grow at a CAGR of nearly 8% over the next four years.
The essential building blocks of storage infrastructure are primary storage, backup, recovery, archiving, and analytics. As per the forecast, the enterprises data segment is likely to witness an exponential increase in data with the growing prevalence of social media, mobility, analytics, cloud, and internet of things. Enterprise CIOs are likely to face a tantamount challenge in terms of accommodating the increasing demand for space in data centers. To address this issue, CIOs are looking for converged storage systems that offer virtualization, resilience, optimization, orchestration and modularity.
Market segmentation by services
- Storage management
- Storage deployment and support
- Storage integration
- Storage consulting
Storage deployment and support is the second largest segment in the global storage service market accounting for close to 30-35% of the overall share. With growing digital data and business demands, faster deployments of storage system has become essential. The deployment of storage infrastructure in enterprise data center will mainly come from on-demand requirements.
Market segmentation of the global IT storage services market by geography
Although storage management markets in emerging geographies such as APAC and South America are still in their infancy, they are growing at a faster pace. This research study estimates these regions to expand their market shares over the coming four years. A key factor propelling growth in the APAC region is the increasing demand for storage solutions in emerging markets such as China and India.
Top companies in the global storage services IT space
The demand for unified storage management system presents an attractive opportunity for the leading vendors of the global IT storage services market. Enterprises are finding it difficult to manage storage area network (SAN) and network-attached storage (NAS) interfaces as they require multiple tools to manage them. Therefore, enterprises are shifting to unified storage management systems that allow administrators to manage file storage easily and effectively. It significantly reduces hardware requirements by allowing data to be managed through a single device.
- Hitachi Data Systems
Other prominent vendors in this market include Amazon, Aptare, AT&T, Atos, Avid, Avnet, Brocade, CA Technologies, Capgemini, Carbonite, CenturyLink Technologies Solutions, Cisco , Coraid, CSC, Data Dynamics, Datacore, Dell, Fujitsu, InfoFort, Infosys, Iron Mountain, Micron Technology, Mozy, NEC, NetApp, Nirvanix, OASIS Group, Oracle, Pivot3, Pure Storage, Rackspace, Redhat, SanDisk, Seagate, Skipton, SolarWinds, Storage Fusion, SwiftStack, Symantec, TCS, Think Big Analytics, Unisys, Virtual Instruments, Vmware, and Wipro.
Key questions answered in the report
- What are the key factors driving the enterprise mobility market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the enterprise mobility market?
- What are the various opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the enterprise mobility market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares for EMEA, APAC, and Americas?
- Key outcome of the five forces analysis on the airport passenger screening systems market?
- Growth forecast of the enterprise mobility market until 2019?
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Market landscape
- Global storage market
- Global storage services market
- Types of storage
- Categories of data
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by services
- Storage management services
- Storage deployment and support services
- Storage integration services
- Storage consulting services
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
PART 08: Market drivers
PART 09: Impact of drivers
PART 10: Market challenges
PART 11: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 12: Market trends
PART 13: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Major vendors
- Other prominent vendors
PART 14: Key vendor analysis
- Hitachi Data Systems
PART 15: Appendix
PART 16: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 01: Solution and service offerings
- Exhibit 02: Global storage market 2014-2019 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 03: Global storage hardware market segmentation
- Exhibit 04: Global storage software market segmentation
- Exhibit 05: Global storage services market segmentation
- Exhibit 06: Global storage services market 2014-2019 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 07: On-premise storage versus cloud-based storage costs 2014-2019 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 08: Categories of data
- Exhibit 09: Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 10: Global storage services market by services 2014
- Exhibit 11: Global storage services market by geography 2014
- Exhibit 12: Growth of data 2015-2020 (units in zettabytes)
- Exhibit 13: Impact of drivers
- Exhibit 14: Impact of drivers and challenges
- Exhibit 15: Accenture: Business segmentation 2014
- Exhibit 16: Accenture: Products segment revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 17: Accenture: Financial services segment revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 18: Accenture: Communications, media, and technology segment revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 19: Accenture: Resources and others segment revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 20: Accenture: Health and public services segment revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 21: Accenture: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 22: EMC: Business segmentation 2014
- Exhibit 23: EMC: Business segmentation by revenue FY2013 and FY2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 24: EMC: EMC information infrastructure segment revenue FY2013 and FY2014 (billions)
- Exhibit 25: EMC: Revenue by geographical segmentation FY2013 and FY2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 26: HP: Business segmentation 2014
- Exhibit 27: HP enterprise group segment revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 28: HP enterprise services segment revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 29: IBM: Business segmentation 2014
- Exhibit 30: IBM global technology services segment revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 31: IBM global business services segment revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)