Product Code: IRTNTR7901
Covering: This market research report includes a detailed segmentation of the global E-paper display market by application (E-book reader, mobile displays, public displays, wearable technology, and retail) and by technology (flat screen, curved screen, bendable screens, and foldable screens). It outlines the market shares for key regions such as the Americas, APAC, and EMEA. The key vendors analyzed in this report are E-ink holding, Amazon, NEC, Pervasive Displays, and Plastic Logic.
Market outlook of the global E-paper display
Technavio's research analyst expects the market to grow at a CAGR of 40% during the forecast period. The market is still in its growth phase and an increasing number of investors are showing interest in the market. The adoption rate of the technology is high among developed countries, with the US leading in revenue generation.
The report includes market segments, on the basis of the application of the display, and a detailed discussion of the growth prospects and challenges of every segment during the forecast period. The market segments are:
- E-book readers
- Mobile displays
- Public displays
- Wearable technology
E-book readers are the leading segment in terms of application of E-paper display with a market share of 54.84% owing to huge popularity of E-readers.
The report also segments the market based on the technology used for the display. A detailed discussion of the growth prospects and challenges of every segment during the forecast period is included in the report. Based on the technology used, the market is divided into:
- Flat screen
- Curved screen
- Bendable screen
- Foldable screen
Flat screens dominate the market segmentation by technology with a market share of 52.49% owing to maturity of the market.
The report also discusses the geographic segmentation and the key regions, which include:
Americas is the largest market for E-paper display as high proportion of population are early adopters of E-paper technology in this region.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global EPD market is fragmented with many players operating in the market. The vendor performance in the global EPD market may be affected by price wars resulting from the competitive pricing by the leading vendors. It may also be affected by national and local economic conditions and demographic trends. The changing economic conditions are affecting the living standards of customers and they could also affect the vendors' business.
The leading vendors in the market are -
- E-ink displays
- Pervasive Displays
- Plastics Logic
Other prominent vendors in the market include Delta Electronics, LG, Qualcomm, Samsung, Seiko Epson.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
- What are the key factors driving the global E-paper display market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the E-paper display market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global E-paper display market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the E-paper display market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Base year
- Vendor segmentation
- Numerical figures
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by application
- Global EPD market segmentation by application
- Global EPD market for e-book readers
- Global EPD market for mobile displays
- Global EPD market for public displays
- Global EPD market for retail
- Global EPD market for wearables
PART 07: Market segmentation by technology
- Global EPD market segmentation by technology
- Global flat-screen EPD market
- Global curved-screen EPD market
- Global bendable-screen EPD market
- Global foldable-screen EPD market
PART 08: Geographical segmentation
- Geographic segmentation of EPD market
PART 09: Key leading countries
PART 10: Market drivers
PART 11: Impact of drivers
PART 12: Market challenges
PART 13: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 14: Market trends
PART 15: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Other prominent vendors
PART 16: Key vendor analysis
- E Ink Holdings
- NEC LCD Technologies
- Pervasive Displays
- Plastic Logic
PART 17: Appendix
PART 18: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 01: Product offerings
- Exhibit 02: Market segmentation of EPD market
- Exhibit 03: Global EPD market by revenue 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 04: Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 05: Global EPD market share by application in 2015
- Exhibit 06: Global EPD market share by application in 2020
- Exhibit 07: Global EPD market for e-book readers 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 08: Global EPD market for mobile displays 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 09: Global EPD market for public displays 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 10: Global EPD market for retail 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 11: Global EPD market for wearables 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 12: Global EPD market share by technology in 2015
- Exhibit 13: Global EPD market share by technology in 2020
- Exhibit 14: Global flat-screen EPD market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 15: Global curved screen EPD market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 16: Global bendable-screen EPD market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 17: Global foldable-screen EPD market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 18: Geographic segmentation of EPD market in 2015
- Exhibit 19: Key leading countries in global EPD market by market share in 2015
- Exhibit 20: Market share and revenue of top 10 countries in EPD market in 2015
- Exhibit 21: Proportion of e-books sales in total books sales 2013-2020
- Exhibit 22: Impact of drivers
- Exhibit 23: Global e-reader market 2012-2020 (unit shipments in millions)
- Exhibit 24: Impact of drivers and challenges
- Exhibit 25: Flexible EPD penetration in flexible display market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 26: Wearable EPD penetration in wearables market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 27: Amazon: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 28: Amazon: Business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 29: NEC LCD: Product segmentation
- Exhibit 30: Pervasive Displays: Product segmentation