Product Code: IRTNTR8232
Outlook of the global variable frequency drives market
Technavio's market research analyst predicts the global variable frequency drives (VFD) market to grow steadily at a CAGR of nearly 8% by 2020. The need for manufacturers to optimize their manufacturing processes and cut operational costs by reducing energy consumption is the primary growth driver for this market. The prospects for growth in this market are impelled by the growing preference for electric motors in household appliances, automobiles, aerospace, industrial, and other transportation equipment over mechanical and hydraulic motors.
In terms of geography, the APAC region will be the largest market for VFDs during the predicted period. The growth of the chemical processing and manufacturing industries coupled with the significant growth of other industries like power, infrastructure, automobile production, and hydrocarbons will result in this region's impressive market share of more than 56% by 2020.
Product-based segmentation of the VFD market
The AC drives segment currently dominates the market and is envisaged to further enhance its hold over the market by 2020 owing to its extensive utilization in all types of industries and induction motors to achieve multiple speeds of operation. Moreover, its augmented usage in heavy industries, such as metals and mining, oil and gas, cement, paper, power generation, wind energy, water and wastewater, and marine, will result in its massive market share of more than 84% by 2020.
Segmentation by voltage type and analysis of the VFD market
- Low voltage
- Medium voltage
In this market study, analysts estimate the low voltage VFD segment to account for more than 81% of the total market share by 2020. Since these drives have high flexibility, they can be configured to meet the precise requirements of industrial applications. Rapid development in the infrastructure and manufacturing sectors will lead to the healthy growth of this market segment during the predicted period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global variable frequency drives market is highly fragmented because of the presence of numerous small and large suppliers. The providers in this market compete on the basis of price, quality, and value-added services to gain maximum market traction during the forecast period.
Key vendors in the market are -
Other prominent vendors in the market include American Electric Technologies, Amtech Electronics India, Emerson, Fuji Electric, Hiconics Drive Technology, Hitachi, Honeywell, Johnson Controls, Mitsubishi Electric, DELTA, and Schneider Electric.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global variable frequency drives market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the variable frequency drives market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global variable frequency drives market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the variable frequency drives market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by voltage range
- Global VFD market by voltage range
- Global low voltage VFD market
- Global medium voltage VFD market
PART 07: Market segmentation by product
- Global VFD market by product
- Global VFD market by AC drives
- Global VFD market by DC drives
- Global servo VFD market
PART 08: Geographical segmentation
- Market segmentation by region
- VFD market in APAC
- VFD market in EMEA
- VFD market in Americas
PART 09: Market drivers
- Need for industrial automation
- Increased use of VFDs in HVAC systems
- Increased energy savings by using VFD
PART 10: Impact of drivers
PART 11: Market challenges
- Decline in profit margins
- Need to suppress harmonic waves
- High initial investment
PART 12: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 13: Market trends
PART 14: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Other prominent vendors
PART 15: Key vendor analysis
- Yaskawa Electric
PART 16: Appendix
PART 17: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 01: Global VFD market overview
- Exhibit 02: Global VFD market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 03: Global VFD market by voltage range
- Exhibit 04: Global low voltage VFD market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 05: Global medium voltage VFD market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 06: Global VFD market by product 2015-2020
- Exhibit 07: Global VFD market by AC drives 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 08: Global VFD market by DC drives 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 09: Global servo VFD market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 10: Market segmentation by region 2015-2020
- Exhibit 11: VFD market in APAC 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 12: Vehicle (car, bus, and truck) production in 2013-2014 (millions of units)
- Exhibit 13: VFD market in EMEA 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 14: VFD market in Americas 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 15: Global robotics market 2010-2025 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 16: Global HVAC market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 17: Impact of drivers
- Exhibit 18: Copper price 2014-2015 ($ per tons)
- Exhibit 19: Components of VFD
- Exhibit 20: Impact of drivers and challenges
- Exhibit 21: ABB: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 22: Siemens: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 23: Toshiba: Business segmentation by revenue 2015
- Exhibit 24: Yaskawa Electric: Business segmentation by revenue 2015