Product Code: IRTNTR8170
An overview of the SCM market
Technavio's research analyst predicts the global supply chain management (SCM) market to grow steadily at a CAGR of around 11% during the forecast period. The need to improve supply chain visibility and the desire for better transparency of orders, inventory, and shipment information, has driven the growth of the SCM market. SCM software provides better visibility to organizations with a cross-functional access and also offers exception-based process management platforms that enable staff to micro-manage steady-state processes.
Another key factor that is aiding the SCM market is the growing demand for SCM from SMEs. The primary reason for this demand is SCM's ability to reduce the purchase cycle and obtain high productivity with low operating costs. Also, may SMEs are expanding their business operations, hence the need to implement SCM software to operate easily using automatic management systems is on the rise.
Segmentation by application type and analysis of the SCM market
The SCP segment held the highest share in the global SCM software market with a market share of almost 35% in 2015. The growth of this segment is driven by the need for inventory planning. At present, enterprises use SCP software for demand planning, inventory planning, and asset planning. Moreover, the high demand emerging from developing countries in the APAC region is driving the growth of this segment.
Segmentation by deployment type and analysis of the SCM market
Even though the cloud SCM or on-demand software accounts for just over 25% of the overall market, organizations nowadays prefer on-demand over on-premise traditional SCM applications because the total deployment costs of on-demand are much less than on-premise. As a result, the demand for cloud SCM software is expected to increase tremendously during the next five years.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The presence of a large number of providers in the global SCM market increases the competition in the market. Therefore, providers are required to ensure the efficiency and management of various aspects of SCM to gain a competitive edge and retain their market positions. Besides, there has been a lot of acquisitions during 2015, and this trend is expected to increase over the forecast period.
The leading vendors in the market are -
- JDA Software
- Manhattan Associates
Other prominent vendors in the market include Accellos, Aldata Software Management, Descrates, GTNexus, IBM, IBS, Kewill Systems, Kinaxis, Lawson Software, Logility, Quintiq, RedPrairie, Retalix, Servigistics, and Totvs.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global SCM market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global SCM market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global SCM market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global SCM market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global SCM market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Supply chain overview
- Market overview
- Supply chain network
- End-to-end procurement cycle
PART 06: Market landscape
- Market size and forecast
- SCM as part of the global enterprise application software market
- Five forces analysis
PART 07: Market segmentation by application
PART 08: Market segmentation by end-user
PART 09: Market segmentation by deployment model
- Market overview
- Preference of on-demand over on-premises
PART 10: Geographical segmentation
PART 11: Key leading countries
PART 12: Market drivers
- Need to improve supply chain visibility
- Increased demand from SMEs
- Demand to boost productivity
- Need to improve business processes
- Increased investment in domestic supply chain
PART 13: Impact of drivers
PART 14: Market challenges
- Increased complexity of the supply chain network
- Lack of internal cross-functional collaboration
- Issues with vendor-partner relations
- Lack of skills
- High cost of implementation
PART 15: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 16: Market trends
- Increase in demand for TMS software
- Integration of SCM software with semantic analytics solutions
- Existence of SCVEM
- Demand for SaaS-based SCM solutions
PART 17: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Major vendors 2015
- Vendor Analysis by application
- Major deals
- Other leading and prominent vendors
PART 18: Key vendor analysis
- Epicor Software
- JDA Software
- Manhattan Associates
PART 19: Appendix
PART 20: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 01: Product offerings
- Exhibit 02: Supply chain network flow
- Exhibit 03: Supply Chain Network
- Exhibit 04: End-to-end procurement cycle
- Exhibit 05: Global SCM software market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 06: SCM as part of the global enterprise application software market 2015
- Exhibit 07: Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 08: Global SCM Market by application 2015 (%)
- Exhibit 09: Global SCM Market by application 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 10: Market segmentation by end-users 2015
- Exhibit 11: Global SCM software market by deployment model 2015
- Exhibit 12: Global SCM software market by deployment model 2015-2020 (%)
- Exhibit 13: Global SCM software market by deployment model 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 14: Investments in on-premises enterprise application software
- Exhibit 15: Investment in on-demand-based enterprise application software
- Exhibit 16: Difference between on-premises and on-demand SCM software in terms of total cost of ownership
- Exhibit 17: Global SCM software market by geographical segmentation 2015
- Exhibit 18: Global SCM software market by geographical segmentation 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 19: Key leading countries
- Exhibit 20: Impact of drivers
- Exhibit 21: Impact of drivers and challenges
- Exhibit 22: List of vendors in the global procurement application market
- Exhibit 23: List of vendors in the global MES market in discrete industries
- Exhibit 24: List of vendors in the global SCP software market
- Exhibit 25: List of vendors in the Global WMS software market
- Exhibit 26: List of vendors in the global TMS market
- Exhibit 27: Epicor Software: Business segmentation
- Exhibit 28: Epicor Software: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 29: JDA Software: Key services
- Exhibit 30: Manhattan Associates: Key solutions
- Exhibit 31: Manhattan Associates: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 32: Oracle: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 33: Oracle: Business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 34: Oracle: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 35: SAP: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 36: SAP: Business segmentation by the revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ in billions)
- Exhibit 37: SAP: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014