Product Code: SRP00116AC
Stevia, a natural and low-calorie sweetener is extracted from an herbaceous plant called Stevia Rebaudiana Bertoni. This plant was discovered more than 200 years ago in Paraguay, where the beverages were sweetened by the leaves of the plant. The leaves of the plant mainly contain two compounds - Stevioside and Rebaudioside A, which is used as a sweetener after extraction from the dried leaves. These extracts are about 200 times sweeter than refined sugar and are rapidly replacing artificial sweeteners in various consumer products like beverages, bakery products, dairy products, table-top sweeteners, dietary supplements, packaged food products, etc. They also find applications in some medicines, toiletries and cosmetics.
Stevia (stevia extracts) offers a number of health benefits over artificial sweeteners like- zero calories, non-toxic, non-fermentable, flavour enhancing properties, provides plaque retardant and anti-caries properties, can maintain stability even at 200°C, has no impact on sugar level in the blood, etc. Rising health concerns, government initiatives on reducing the sugar intake and the potential of stevia itself to assist in weight management, dental health, diabetic control, etc. are expected to drive the global stevia market in the coming years.
IMARC's new TMMR “Stevia Market - Industry Trends, Prices, Manufacturing Process, Applications, Raw Materials, Manufacturers, Regional Breakup and Mass Balance” provides a technical, analytical and statistical insight into the stevia market. The market analysis includes volume trends, value trends, price trends, key players, market breakup by region, market breakup by end-use industries, key success factors, key risk factors, feedstock market trends, import trends, export trends, etc. Apart from the market analysis, the report also provides an exhaustive technical insight on stevia. This includes chemical information, manufacturing process, chemical reactions involved, raw material requirements, mass balance, conversion rate of feedstocks, etc. The study, which is based both on desk research and multiple waves of qualitative primary research, is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the stevia industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
- What has been the historical and current volume trends in the stevia market?
- What has been the historical and current value trends in the stevia market?
- What has been the historical and current price trends in the stevia market?
- Which are the key regions in the stevia market and what is their breakup?
- Which are the key end-use industries for Stevia and what is their breakup?
- What is the outlook of the stevia market?
- What are the key success factors in the stevia market?
- What are the key risk factors in the stevia market?
- Who are the key manufacturers in the stevia market?
- How is stevia manufactured?
- What are the raw material requirements during the manufacturing of stevia?
- What is the mass balance and conversion rates of feedstocks during the manufacturing of stevia?
- What is the supply demand of various feedstocks that are used in the manufacturing of Stevia?
- Who are the key manufacturers of stevia feedstocks?
Table of Contents
1. Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Introduction to the Stevia Industry
4. Properties of Stevia
5. Stevia Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Global Stevia Market
- 5.1.1. Current and Historical Volume Trend Trends
- 5.1.2. Current and Historical Value Trends
- 5.1.3. Market Break up by Region
- 5.1.4. Market Break Up by End use Industries
- 5.1.5. Market Forecast
6. Stevia: Price Trends
7. Stevia: Major Suppliers
- 7.1. Stevia Industry: Key Success and Risk Factors
- 7.1.1. Key Success Factors
- 7.1.2. Key Risk Factors
8. Processing and Manufacturing of Stevia
- 8.1. Raw Material Requirements
- 8.2. Stevia Manufacturing Process
- 8.3. Mass Balance and Feedstock Conversion Rate
9. Stevia Feed Stock Analysis
- 9.1. Supply and Demand of key Feed Stocks
- 9.1.1. Stevia Leaves
- 9.1.2. Ethanol
- 9.2. Historical and Future Price Trends of Key Feed Stocks
- 9.2.1. Stevia Leaves
- 9.2.2. Ethanol
- 9.3. Key Feed Stock Suppliers
- 9.3.1. Stevia Leaves
- 9.3.2. Ethanol
- 9.4. Imports by Major Countries
10. Trade Data
- 10.1. Imports by Major Countries
- 10.2. Exports by Major Countries
List of Figures
- Figure 5-1: Global: Stevia Market: Sales Volume (in Tons), 2008-2015
- Figure 5-2: Global: Stevia Market: Sales Value (in Million US$), 2008-2015
- Figure 5-4: Global: Stevia Market: Consumption Breakup by Country (in %)
- Figure 5-4: Global: Sugar Market: Consumption Breakup by Country (in %)
- Figure 5-5 : Global : Stevia Market: Breakup by End Use (in %)
- Figure 5-6 : Global : Food & Beverages Launched with Stevia: Breakup by Country (in %)
- Figure 5-7: Global: Stevia Market: Sales Volume Forecast (in Tons), 2016-2021
- Figure 5-8: Global: Stevia Market: Sales Value Forecast in (US$ Million), 2016-2021
- Figure 6-1 Historical and Future Stevia Price Trends (in US$ Per Kg), 2012-2020
- Figure 7-1: Global: Stevia Market: Market Breakup by Manufacturer (in %), 2015
- Figure 8-1 : Stevia: Manufacturing Process
- Figure 8-2: Stevia: Conversion Rate of Feed Stocks
- Figure 9-1 Global: Stevia Leaves Market: Production Volume (in Ton) 2008-2015
- Figure 9-2: Global: Stevia leaves Procurement preference: Break Up by Country (in %), 2015
- Figure 9-3: Global: Ethanol Market: Production Volume (in Billion Litres), 2008-2015
- Figure 9-4: Global: Ethanol Production: Breakup by Region (in %), 2015
- Figure 9-7: Historical and Future Stevia Leaves (in US$ Per Kg), 2010-2021
- Figure 9-9: Historical and Future Ethanol Prices (in US$ per Litre), 2010-2021
- Figure 9-11 : Global: Ethanol Market: Breakup by Manufacturer (in %)
- Figure 10-1: Global: Steviol Glycosides*: Import Volume Breakup by Country (in %), 2015
- Figure 10-2: US: Global: Steviol Glycosides*: Import Values (in US$), 2011-2015
- Figure 10-3: Global: Steviol Glycosides*: Export Volume Breakup by Country (in %), 2015
- Figure 10-4: China: Steviol Glycosides*: Export Values (in US$), 2011-2015
List of Tables
- Table 4-1: Stevia: Key Properties
- Table 7-1: Global: Stevia Market: Overview of Key Players
- Table 8-1 : Stevia : Raw Material Requirements
- Table 9-1: Global: Orange Production: Breakup by Country (in 000'Tons), 2015
- Table 9-2 : Global: Ethanol Market: Key Manufactures
- Table 9-3: Global: Steviol Glycosides*: Import Value and Volumes by Country, 2015
- Table 10-1: Global: Steviol Glycosides*: Imports Data Value (in US$) and Volumes by Country (in Tons), 2014
- Table 10-2: Global: Steviol Glycosides*: Export Data Value (in US$) and Volumes by Country (in Tons), 2015