Walmart and the 2016 Summer Olympics helped to drive POS adoption throughout Latin/South America. The market for POS in LATAM continues to grow. Large western retailers continue to expand in the market, bringing new POS terminals with them. Yet not all the news is good news. Natural disasters, political unrest and economic issues threaten pockets of future growth. These trends and more are in our latest study.
Our Latin/South America POS terminal market study is 46 pages in length and has 22 figures. It explores the market climate for POS terminals throughout the Latin/Central and South American region. More than just numbers without explanation, this report goes deep into discussion of retailing in the countries and segments to reveal the forces that are shaping POS purchase decisions. We believe it is important for our customers to not only see numbers, but understand the market behind the data so as to make more informed decisions for the future. The report includes country-by-country shipments, installed base, forecasts and trends for the electronic point-of-sale terminal market in LATAM. Note that this is not a vendor market share report (other than operating systems and processor types), but rather a fresh look at the state of POS technology in the world's fastest growing market.
Additionally, the report covers emerging trends and influences that affected the market in 2015 and those that will help form market decisions in the future. It also includes estimated market value for shipments and installed base and a forecast for shipments and installed base through 2020.
Along with the general retail environment for each country/region, we discuss the country by country shipments, installed base, and forecasts for the following retail market segments:
- Food/Supermarket: Stores that sell food and grocery items and have between 4-20 terminals per store.
- Drug Stores: Stores that sell personal care and medicinal items and have 2-5 terminals per store.
- Hypermarkets: This is a broad segment that varies by country. In many, it includes a full service Food store as well as products typically included at Discounters under one roof. In other countries, stores can range anywhere from a Superstore format (think Wal-Mart Supercenter) to a full-line Department Store (with large appliances) combined with a full-line Grocery store.
- Department Stores: Traditionally larger format stores, upscale in products and including hard and soft goods with department style checkout.
- Mass Merchants: Like a Hypermarket format, only carrying non-food items or limited food items and using a front-end checkout. Also includes Discounters.
- Specialty Stores: Stores that focus on particular product line niches. Includes apparel, news, shoes, and DIY type stores.
- Convenience/Gas: Stores selling a limited variety of food and pharmaceutical items; open long hours for the convenience of customers.
- Hospitality: Includes Restaurants, Bars, Pubs and Hotels.
Table of Contents
- POS Definitions Used
- Country Details
- Market Segment Definitions
1. POS-Related Trends in LATAM Retail
2. Latin America Market Overview
- 3.1 Retail Overview
- 3.2 POS Installed Base History
- 3.3 POS Shipments History
- 4.1 Retail Overview
- 4.2 POS Installed Base History
- 4.3 POS Shipments History
- 5.1 Retail Overview
- 5.2 POS Installed Base History
- 5.3 POS Shipments History
- 6.1 Retail Overview
- 6.2 POS Installed Base History
- 6.3 POS Shipments History
- 7.1 Retail Overview
- 7.2 POS Installed Base History
- 7.3 POS Shipments History
- 8.1 Retail Overview
- 8.2 POS Installed Base History
- 8.3 POS Shipments History
- 9.1 Retail Overview
- 9.2 POS Installed Base History
- 9.3 POS Shipments History
10. Other Latin America
- 10.1 Retail Overview
- 10.2 POS Installed Base History
- 10.3 POS Shipments History
- 11.1 Forecast Shipments by Country from 2017 - 2021
- 11.2 Forecast Shipments by Segment from 2017 - 2021
List of Figures
- Figure 1 POS Installed Base History by Country
- Figure 2 POS Installed Base History by Retail Segment
- Figure 3 POS Shipments History by Country
- Figure 4 POS Shipments History by Retail Segment
- Figure 5 Mexico POS Installed Base History
- Figure 6 Mexico POS Shipment History
- Figure 7 Brazil POS Installed Base History
- Figure 8 Brazil POS Shipment History
- Figure 9 Colombia POS Installed Base History
- Figure 10 Colombia POS Shipment History
- Figure 11 Chile POS Installed Base History
- Figure 12 Chile POS Shipment History
- Figure 13 Argentina POS Installed Base History
- Figure 14 Argentina POS Shipment History
- Figure 15 Peru POS Installed Base History
- Figure 16 Peru POS Shipment History
- Figure 17 Venezuela POS Installed Base History
- Figure 18 Venezuela POS Shipment History
- Figure 19 Other LATAM POS Installed Base History
- Figure 20 Other LATAM POS Shipment History
- Figure 21 Forecast Shipments by Country thru 2021
- Figure 22 Forecast Shipments by Segment thru 2021
Provided in Marketing Relationship with: