Product Code: US41237317
This IDC study provides IDC's forecast and spending for the worldwide and U.S. IT outsourcing services market for the 2017-2021 forecast period. This study also updates the previous forecast published in Worldwide and U.S. IT Outsourcing Services Forecast, 2016-2020 (IDC #US40404916, April 2016)."The IT outsourcing services market is undergoing a fundamental shift to a new consumption and delivery model referred to as managed cloud services that include many new competitors and customer options," says David Tapper, VP, Outsourcing and Managed Cloud Services at IDC. "Building a successful managed cloud services business will require that providers create appropriate branding and positioning for managed cloud services, invest heavily in cognitive automation and management platforms, determine critical investments for managed services, pursue a technology-agnostic approach to optimize managed cloud services opportunities, and develop a holistic framework for long-term growth strategy."
IDC Market Forecast Figure
Advice for Technology Suppliers
- Worldwide IT Outsourcing Services Forecast by Region
- U.S. IT Outsourcing Services Spending Forecast
- Industry Trends
- Move to Managed Cloud Services
- Industry Restructuring
- Cognitive Automation
- Drivers and Inhibitors
- Ensuring Business Operations
- Optimizing Financial Management
- Security Issues
- Operational Efficiencies
- Significant Market Developments
- Managed Cloud Services Deal Making: Move to "Hybrid IT"
- Changes from Prior Forecast
- Exceptions and Exclusions
- A Note on the Term "Managed Services"
- A Note on Cloud