Product Code: EMEA42764917
This IDC Market Forecast quantifies the Western European MFP market, analyzing issues, trends, and product advances. This report contains IDC's review and forecast of unit shipments for the Western European MFP market 2017-2021. "As the market matures, OEMs are chasing fewer opportunities. As a result there is a degree of overcapacity in the hardcopy industry, and it is likely that there will be further consolidation as some brands continue to struggle with falling sales. Conversely, some brands will continue to find success by differentiating themselves in areas such as IT services or go to market offerings, and in reality the me2 brands will be under continual pressure to find new ways of marketing their products and services or risk their very survival," said Phil Sargeant, Program Director, Imaging Hardware and Document Solutions.
IDC Market Forecast Figure
Advice for Technology Suppliers
- Drivers and Inhibitors
- The number of business inkjets being sold indirectly will increase.
- Security and compliance issues will increase opportunities for channel partners.
- Simple contracts are reengaging the channel to sell print hardware
- The home printing market will continue to contract.
- Cost reduction initiatives will lead to reduced revenues for some.
- Significant Market Developments
- Changes From Prior Forecast
- MFP Technology Definitions