This IDC study discusses the factors that will have the biggest impact across the Vietnam ICT market in 2015. The market has become more challenging in such unfavourable economic times in Vietnam than before, coupled with the changing appetite of consumers and businesses. IDC sees a fairly traditional economy moving toward one that is technology-laden, where an organization scales up technology's contribution into the bottom line of the organization.
"The year 2015 will be an important year for the Vietnam ICT market. With the full opening of Vietnam's distribution industry as a WTO commitment as well as its integration into AEC, Vietnam will see a new transition in the ICT Vietnam market with the growing impact of connected devices, Big Data, cloud, and IoT. Harnessing 3rd Platform technologies would be the key adoption step that can help Vietnam institutions, enterprises, and SMBs alike to stay ahead of new market disruptors and the competition curve," says Lam Nguyen, Country Manager, IDC Vietnam.
Table of Contents
In This Study
- Prediction #1: Vietnam ICT Spending in 2015 Will Experience Modest Growth at 8.1%
- Prediction #2: 802.11ac WiFi Standard Will Facilitate Faster Mobility Adoption
- Prediction #3: Cloud Vendors Will Expand Their Services Portfolio with Unified Communications and Videoconferencing "as a Service"
- Prediction #4: 4G Smartphone Shipments Will Accelerate by 2H15
- Prediction #5: "Pay as You Go" Model for IT Services in Vietnam Will Excite the Market, Yet Adoption Will Be Challenged
- Prediction #6: "Omni-Channel" Will Transform the Retail Industry
- Prediction #7: Smart TV Will Change Vietnam's TV Ecosystem
- Prediction #8: Online Games Will Become Saturated as the Market Looks for New Game Interests and a Shifting of Leadership Positions Occurs
- Prediction 9: Leveraging 3rd Platform Adoption, Mobile POS Will Ignite in 2015
- Prediction 10: 3rd Platform Disruptors Will Challenge the Vietnam Business Law System and Demand Further Reforms
- Related Research
List of Tables
- Table: Vietnam WLAN Equipment Shipment Values, 2012-2018: Gateway/Router + Access Point - 802.11ac vs 802.11n (in US$ million)
List of Figures
- Figure: Vietnam's GDP and ICT Market Growth Forecast in 2015
- Figure: Vietnam Smartphone Forecast, 2013-2018
- Figure: Vietnam Retailers' Omni-Channel Model
- Figure: Vietnam Online Gaming Market by Service Providers, 2013 (US$M)