This IDC study predicts and discusses key dynamic market forces that will have the biggest impact on Vietnam ICT market in 2014. In recent times, the market has been challenged by unfavorable economic downturn and governance shortcomings, much more than before. Now, the changing spending appetite and adoption needs from consumers and businesses are also making head wave. IDC sees a traditional economic transition toward a modern one, which requires more technology-readiness. This sets the stage for Vietnam ICT players, users, and business adopters alike to rethink their business processes, buying patterns, and market reaches.
""The economy year, however, will see a new transition on the ICT Vietnam market with the growing impact of connected devices, Big Data, social, and cloud. These trends will pop up the demand for reforming the ICT direction, with ICT being a major part for the economy''s transformation and success,"" says Khuong Ha, market analyst, IDC.
Table of Contents
In This Study
- Prediction #1: Vietnam ICT Spending Will Grow Strongly at 15.5% in 2014
- Prediction #2: Homegrown Smartphone Brands Will Be More Competitive
- Prediction #3: Mobile Gaming to Explode, But Not Without Challenges
- Prediction #4: Vietnam Desktop PC Segment Will Continue Momentum Growth
- Prediction #5: The Need to Refarm 2G Frequency for 3G Networks
- Prediction #6: Telcos Will Seek Mutual Partnership with OTTPs
- Prediction #7: Local Enterprise Mobility Partner Ecosystem Will Start to Form
- Prediction #8: Local IT Service Providers to Redefine Services Portfolio
- Prediction #9: Strong ICT Adoption Push Will Come from Lower Tier Cities and Provinces
- Prediction #10: What If There Are No More Support for Windows XP in Vietnam?
- Related Research
List of Tables
- Table: Key OTTPs Operating in Vietnam
List of Figures
- Figure: Vietnam''s GDP and ICT Market Growth
- Figure: Top Homegrown Brands by Unit Shipment
- Figure: Vietnam Connected User Penetration Growth
- Figure: Vietnam IT Hardware Market Growth
- Figure: Business Model Transforms in the 3rd Platform