A market that just keeps on growing. Clinical laboratory testing is positioned to directly benefit from the explosion in biotechnology, especially genomics. Learn all about it in this new report from Howe Sound Research. A range of dynamic trends are pushing market growth and company valuations. Trends like ......
- changing demographics
- emerging economies and global prosperity
- biotechnology advances in genetics
- healthcare expansion in China
- climate change
Exciting technical developments especially in the area of molecular diagnostics and pharmacogenomics hold the promise of a dynamic, growing and evolving world market that is moving out of the national and regional orientation and onto a global stage.
"In Vitro Diagnostic Testing Services including Cardiac, Molecular Diagnostic and Genomic.
Strategies & Trends. Price & Volume Forecasts by Laboratory Department.
2017 to 2022 - North America Version" provides data that analysts and planners can use. Hundreds of pages of information including a complete list of Current 2017 United States Medicare Fee Payment Schedules to help sharpen your pricing. Make facilities planning decisions. Forecast demand for new testing regimes or technologies. Make research investment decisions.
Order an Enterprise Version specifically customized for your organizations needs for distribution throughout your company.
Based on extensive primary and secondary research the testing volume data is broken down into price and volumes allowing researchers and investors to quickly create informed and reasonable forecasts of demand. Assistance in providing specific growth and market size estimates for new technology tests is normally provided without additional charges. Existing laboratories and hospitals can use the information directly to forecast and plan for clinical facilities growth. Again, assistance in using the information is normally provided without additional charges. Questions? Email us at service at howesoundresearch.com. We would be glad to let you know if we can be of help.
The report includes detailed breakouts for 15 Countries and 4 Regions. A detailed breakout for any country in the world is available to purchasers of the report.
All report data is available in Excel format on request.
Make investment decisions and valuations with confidence using the latest data.
ABOUT THE LEAD AUTHOR
Mr. Greg Powell, B.SC., M.B.A is the President of Howe Sound Research. He is an experienced business and clinical professional. He is co-author of the paper "The Radioimmunoassay of Angiotensinogen by Antibody Trapping." He has worked in laboratory testing and management for over 20 years. Mr. Powell's education includes:
- B.Sc. (Chemistry) University of BC
- M.B.A. (Finance and Policy) University of BC
- Market Research Seminar - Burke Institute
- Finance for Senior Executives - Harvard Business School
Table of Contents
1. Introduction and Market Definition
- 1.1 The Growing Demand for Clinical Testing
- 1.2 Defining the Opportunity
- 1.2.1 Volumes
- 1.2.2 Prices
- 1.2.3 Revenue Market Size
- 1.3 Methods and Sources
- 1.3.1 Authors
- 1.3.2 Sources
- 1.4 U.S. Medical Market and Clinical Laboratory Testing - Perspective
- 1.4.1 U.S. Medicare Expenditures for Clinical Testing
2. Overview of a Dynamic Market
- 2.1 Market Players - Roles & Impacts
- 2.1.1 Supplier/pharmaceutical
- 2.1.2 Independent lab specialized/esoteric
- 2.1.3 Independent lab national/regional
- 2.1.4 Independent lab analytical
- 2.1.5 Public National/regional lab
- 2.1.6 Hospital lab.
- 2.1.7 Physician lab.
- 2.1.8 Audit body
- 2.2 Segmentation - Different Approaches
- 2.2.1 Traditional Market Segmentation
- 2.2.2 Laboratory Focus and Segmentation
- 2.3 Structure of Clinical Testing Industry
- 2.3.1 The Hospital Lab - Share of the Pie.
- 2.3.2 Key Role for Economies of Scale
- 2.3.3 Physician Office Lab's are Still Here
- 2.3.4 Physician's and POCT - Reviving Patient Service in China
- 2.4 Profiles of Key Companies
- 2.4.1 Quest Diagnostics
- 2.4.2 Laboratory Corporation of America
- 2.4.3 Lifelabs Medical Laboratory Services
- 2.4.4 ACM Medical Laboratory
- 2.4.5 Spectra Spectra Laboratories, Inc.
- 2.4.6 Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc.
- 2.4.7 CompuNet Clinical Laboratories, LLC
- 2.4.8 Genzyme Corporation
- 2.4.9 Sonic Healthcare Limited
- 2.4.10 Exagen Diagnostics, Inc.
- 2.4.11 Clongen Laboratories LLC
- 2.4.12 Clinical Reference Laboratory, Inc.
- 2.4.13 Mid America Clinical Laboratories, LLC
- 2.4.14 Miraca Life Sciences, Inc.
- 2.4.15 Psychemedics Corp.
- 2.4.16 Aurora Diagnostics, LLC
- 2.4.17 DL Reference Laboratory
- 2.4.18 Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- 2.4.19 Bioscientia Institut fuer Medizinische Diagnostik GmbH
- 2.4.20 Acibadem Labmed Laboratory
- 2.4.21 Eurofins Scientific
- 2.4.22 The Doctor's Laboratory (Sonic Healthcare U.K.)
- 2.4.23 Pathology Inc.
- 2.4.24 Gribbles Pathology
- 2.4.25 B.P. CLINICAL LAB
- 2.4.26 Diagnósticos da América (DASA)
- 2.4.27 American Bio-Clinical Laboratories, Int'l
- 2.4.28 Adicon Clinical Laboratories
- 2.4.29 Dian Diagnostics
- 2.4.30 Kingmed Diagnostics
- 2.4.31 Ascend Clinical, LLC
- 2.4.32 Unilabs SA
- 2.4.33 American Pathology Partners, Inc.
- 2.4.34 Integrated Regional Laboratories, Inc.
- 2.4.35 Viracor Laboratories
- 2.4.36 Neogenomics
- 2.4.37 Genomic Health, Inc.
- 2.4.38 ARUP Laboratories, Inc.
- 2.4.39 Enzo Biochem, Inc.
- 2.5 National and Regional Diversity
3. Trends Driving a Changing Market
- 3.1 Growth Is Pushed From Many Sides
- 3.1.1 Understanding the Impact of Aging Population.
- 3.1.2 Economic growth a Key Driver
- 3.1.3 Point of Care Testing can increase demand
- 3.1.4 Alternative Medicine Creates Testing Opportunity
- 3.1.5 Esoteric Testing Moving Mainstream
- 3.1.6 Genetic Based Testing Creates New Department and New Discipline
- 3.2 Factors At Work To Shrink The Market
- 3.2.1 Lower costs trend to continue
- 3.2.2 Economic or population contraction.
- 3.2.3 Testing usage analysis curtailing growth.
- 3.2.4 Wellness has a downside
- 3.2.5 Test Displacement Impacts Important
- 3.2.6 Point of Care Testing
- 3.3 Automation
- 3.3.1 Stranded LIMS Investment
- 3.3.2 Software as a Service
- 3.3.3 Physician Office and Access Systems
- 3.4 Environment and Evolution
- 3.5 Diagnostic Technology Development
- 3.5.1 Next Generation Sequencing Fuels a Revolution
- 3.5.2 Impact of NGS on pricing
- 3.5.3 POCT/Self Testing Disruptive Force
- 3.5.4 Pharmacogenomics Blurs Diagnosis and Treatment
- 3.5.5 CGES Testing, A Brave New World.
- 3.5.6 Molecular Diagnostics Technologies At The Forefront of Growth
- 3.5.7 Biochips/Giant magneto resistance based assay
4. Laboratory, Molecular Diagnostics and Genomic Testing Recent Developments
- 4.1 Recent Developments - Importance and How to Use This Section
- 4.1.1 Importance of These Developments
- 4.1.2 How to Use This Section
- 4.2 LabCorp explores acquisition of clinical trials firm PPD
- 4.3 Digipath Enters into Letter of Intent to Acquire Clinical Lab Companies
- 4.4 PSP to acquire European medical lab services company
- 4.5 Mars, Incorporated to Acquire VCA Inc.
- 4.6 Caprion Biosciences Acquires the Immune Monitoring Laboratory from ImmuneHealth
- 4.7 Takara Bio USA Holdings and Rubicon Genomics Announce Merger Agreement
- 4.8 Instrumentation Laboratory Acquires CA Casyso AG
- 4.9 Schryver Medical Completes Acquisitions of Professional Clinical Laboratory, Inc.
- 4.10 Grail, Illumina's billion-dollar diagnostics startup
- 4.11 Grifols acquires Hologic's blood screening unit for $1.85bn
- 4.12 Bio-Rad Laboratories to buy US firm RainDance Technologies
- 4.13 Abbott Laboratories to buy St. Jude Medical for $25 billion
- 4.14 CombiMatrix Gets Serious About Potential M&A Options in Wake of $8M Offering
- 4.15 Abbott to Acquire Alere, Becoming Leader in Point of Care Testing
- 4.16 Achieving Dx Ambitions Key to Avant-Amarantus-Theranostics Merger
- 4.17 LabCorp Agrees to Acquire Assets of Pathology Inc.
- 4.18 NeoGenomics Completes Acquisition of Clarient, Inc.
- 4.19 FDA Gets Pushback on Move to Regulate Lab Developed Tests
- 4.20 Cancer Genetics, Inc. Announces Partnership
- 4.21 Theranos plans to close all its clinical labs
- 4.22 Forte Capital Lowers stake in Laboratory Corp.
- 4.23 US Oncology Network Selects Myriad Genetics
- 4.24 Pyxant Labs Commences Clinical Laboratory Testing Services
- 4.25 Viewics Launches Diabetes Management
- 4.26 Alpha Genomix And Rx30 Partner
- 4.27 LabCorp Doubles Testing Capacity Of Covance
- 4.28 LabCorp to acquire clinical laboratories from Mount Sinai
5. Country Market Sizes - North America 2014 to 2022
- 5.1 United States of America 2014 to 2022
- 5.1.1 Clinical Chemistry - Volumes, Prices, Revenues
- 5.1.2 Microbiology - Volumes, Prices, Revenues
- 5.1.3 Hematology - Volumes, Prices, Revenues
- 5.1.4 Anatomic Pathology - Volumes, Prices, Revenues
- 5.1.5 Molecular Diagnostics - Volumes, Prices, Revenues
- 5.1.6 All Clinical Testing - Volumes, Prices, Revenues
- 5.1.7 Cardiac Biomarkers - Volumes, Prices, Revenues
- 5.1.8 Molecular Diagnostic Oncology - Volumes, Prices, Revenues
- 5.1.9 Molecular Diagnostic Genetics - Volumes, Prices, Revenues
- 5.2 Canada 2014 to 2022
- 5.2.1 Clinical Chemistry - Volumes, Prices, Revenues
- 5.2.2 Microbiology - Volumes, Prices, Revenues
- 5.2.3 Hematology - Volumes, Prices, Revenues
- 5.2.4 Anatomic Pathology - Volumes, Prices, Revenues
- 5.2.5 Molecular Diagnostics - Volumes, Prices, Revenues
- 5.2.6 All Clinical Testing - Volumes, Prices, Revenues
- 5.2.7 Cardiac Biomarkers - Volumes, Prices, Revenues
- 5.2.8 Molecular Diagnostic Oncology - Volumes, Prices, Revenues
- 5.2.9 Molecular Diagnostic Genetics - Volumes, Prices, Revenues
10. The Future of the Clinical Laboratory
- I. United States Medicare System: January 2017 Clinical Laboratory Fees Schedule - National Limit and Midpoint
Table of Tables
- Table 1 Medicare Clinical Lab Expenditures Actual & Forecast 2004 to 2020 ($Billion)
- Table 2 Market Players by Type
- Table 3 Clinical Laboratory Departments and Segments
- Table 4 Laboratory Management Focus - Different Approaches
- Table 5 Key Segmentation Variables Going Forward
- Table 6 Factors Affecting Local Clinical Testing Demand
- Table 7 Seven Factors Driving Growth
- Table 8 Alternative Medicine Creates New Clinical Testing Markets
- Table 9 Six Factors Limiting Growth
- Table 10 Key Diagnostic Laboratory Technology Trends
- Table 11 Next Generation Sequencing Technologies - Speed and Cost
- Table 12 Key Point of Care Testing Uses
- Table 13 Clinical Application Areas for Molecular Diagnostics
- Table 14 Clinical Chemistry - Volume Price and Revenue Forecast
- Table 15 Microbiology - Volume Price and Revenue Forecast
- Table 16 Hematology - Volume Price and Revenue Forecast
- Table 17 Anatomic Pathology - Volume Price and Revenue Forecast
- Table 18 Molecular Diagnostics - Volume Price and Revenue Forecast
- Table 19 All Clinical Testing - Volume Price and Revenue Forecast
- Table 20 Cardiac Biomarkers - Volume Price and Revenue Forecast
- Table 21 Molecular Diagnostic Oncology - Volume Price and Revenue Forecast
- Table 22 Molecular Diagnostic Genetics - Volume Price and Revenue Forecast
- Table 23 Clinical Chemistry - Volume Price and Revenue Forecast
- Table 24 Microbiology - Volume Price and Revenue Forecast
- Table 25 Hematology - Volume Price and Revenue Forecast
- Table 26 Anatomic Pathology - Volume Price and Revenue Forecast
- Table 27 Molecular Diagnostics - Volume Price and Revenue Forecast
- Table 28 All Clinical Testing - Volume Price and Revenue Forecast
- Table 29 Cardiac Biomarkers - Volume Price and Revenue Forecast
- Table 30 Molecular Diagnostic Oncology - Volume Price and Revenue Forecast
- Table 31 Molecular Diagnostic Genetics - Volume Price and Revenue Forecast
- Table 194 2017 Clinical Lab Fee Schedule
Table of Tables
- Figure 1 Medicare Clinical Lab Expenditures 2004 to 2020 ($Million)