Product Code: MDG592F
Microneedle technology is attaining commercial viability at a time when healthcare providers are faced with new challenges as they assess ways to incorporate companion diagnostics into their practice areas. Microneedle technology has the potential to address the growing trend toward point of care diagnostics and ambulatory patient monitoring by allowing the precise detection of biomarkers and analytes in fluids and tissues located below the skin. To succeed, developers must refine the techniques available and in development for sampling very small quantities and/or concentrations of analytes and biomarkers, and advance the design integration of microneedles into commercially viable diagnostic platform.
What You Will Learn
- What companies are active in the microneedle diagnostics segments, what distinguishes their technology, and what is their market presence?
- Who are the microneedle diagnostic device developers/suppliers, and what are their capabilities?
- What are the major factors that are influencing demand for microneedle diagnostics?
- What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for diagnostic microneedle products?
- What are the important healthcare markets for microneedle diagnostics? What is their market potential? What will it be in 2020?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for diagnostic microneedles?
Table of Contents
The Market Opportunity
- Microneedle Diagnostics Market Dynamics
- The Economics of Microneedle Diagnostics
- What's Driving the Growth in microneedle Diagnostics?
- Shifting Patient Demographics
- Innovation in Microneedle Fabrication
- Disease and Condition Demand Drivers
- Competitive Landscape
- Risk Factors
Microneedle Diagnostics - Design Factors
- Materials Selection
- Sensor - Array Integration
- Microneedle Fabrication
- Surface Modification
Diagnostic Microneedle Device Analysis
- Interstitial Fluid Sampling
- Epidermal Sampling
- Spectroscopy-enabled Sampling
- Hematology Sampling
- Electrode-enabled Detection
Microneedle Diagnostics - Key Therapeutic Sectors
- Analyte Sampling
- Blood Sample Collection
- Immune Factors
- Infectious Disease
- Metabolic Conditions
Government and Academic Programs
- Regulatory Issues
- Device Branding
- Patient Compliance and Ease of Use
- Healthcare Economics