Product Code: NGK339R
For diabetes patients, glucose monitoring is a way of life, a several-times-per-day routine critical to physiological health. But while the traditional finger prick method has been a standard disease management tool for decades, issues of patient compliance and the limitations of current methods in detecting short-term fluctuations in glucose levels have brought a host of companies into the hunt for less invasive and more user-friendly alternatives. Now the convergence of small-scale electronics and sophisticated biocompatible product designs is giving hope for a better future to millions of diabetes patients worldwide. Noninvasive glucose monitors that can measure glucose levels accurately and reliably have the capability to improve glycemic control and patient wellbeing. By integrating the sensing element, electronics, and a power source in a single package, noninvasive monitors are creating new options for caregivers and their diabetes patients. Signal processing improvements - include improved signal-to-noise ratios and interference filtering - will continue to be critical to the commercialization prospects of noninvasive monitors.
What You Will Learn
- What are the noninvasive monitoring technologies and devices that are moving toward commercialization and that are expected to have an impact on the diabetes management market by the end of the decade?
- What are the products currently under development, and what is their current status in terms of market readiness and product validation?
- What are the signification product development and commercialization issues facing the current generation of noninvasive glucose monitors?
- Who are the companies behind noninvasive glucose monitors, what are their capabilities and risk factors and what are their key supply chain issues?
- What are the commercialization prospects of the noninvasive glucose monitors?
- What are the significant market factors that will impact the market for noninvasive glucose monitors?
Table of Contents
Diabetes Management Market Overview
- Diabetes Economics
- Monitoring Glucose Levels
- Key Factors in Patient Compliance
- Market Drivers
- Industry Alignment and Competitive Landscape
New Generation Monitor Design Factors
- Measuring Interstitial Fluid vs. Blood Glucose Levels
- Data Collection & Reporting
- Measurement Frequency
- Patient/User Interface
- Emerging Technologies
Noninvasive Glucose Measurement Technologies
- Detection Technology
- Thermal Emission/Thermography
- Important Private Research Programs
- Calibration Frequency
- Accuracy & Precision
- Sensor Technology & Signal Processing Advances
- Clinical Trials
- Patient/Consumer Sentiment
Noninvasive Glucose Monitor Product Assessments
- Occlusion Spectroscopy
- Impedance Spectroscopy
- Electrical Resistance
- Multimode Sensing