Product Code: PJR888V
User-friendly syringe and injection device designs and the availability of an increasing number of drugs in prefilled insertable and disposable cartridges are propelling the growth of pen injection devices for self-administration. The cost of biologicals such as recombinant proteins has created interest in pen injectors to reduce cost and waste associated with the handling of vial-packaged drugs. A second factor is the continued adoption of custom pen designs as a way of differentiating injectables developed for self-administration through product branding. These devices feature one or more user-friendly features to further the product's desirability relative to competing options.
What You Will Learn
- What injectable drugs are supplied in pen injection devices; what are the key market segments, market dynamics and market demographics?
- What are the therapeutic demand drivers and commercial pen products in key product segments?
- What are the design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues?
- How big is the pen injection device market? How fast is it growing? What will it look like in five years?
- Who are the leading device and drug sector participants, their product development activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations?
- What is the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships on pen injection device commercialization and market access?
- What is the impact of wirelessly connected pen injection devices on patient care and market growth?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for pen injection devices?
Table of Contents
Summary of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Injectable Drug Sector Market Dynamics
- The Injectable Drug Ecosystem
- Drug Classes and Devices
- Indications and Demand
- The Pen Injection Device Market
- Device Growth Factors
- Biological Drugs Proliferating
- Growth of Self-Administration
- Shifting Demographics
- Device Design Innovation
- Competitive Landscape
- Risk Factors
Pen Injection Device Design Factors
- Standardized Pen Platforms
- Custom Pen Designs
- Reusable Pens
- Prefilled Pen Cartridges
- Disposable Pens
- Dual Chamber Pens
- Variable vs Fixed Dosing
- Connected Pens
Important Pen-Delivered Drug Classes
- Dopamine Receptors
- Human Growth Hormone
- Immune Modulators
- Insulins and Antihyperglycemics
- Parathyroid Hormone
- Reproductive Hormones
- Serotonin Antagonists
Pen Injectors - Therapeutic Sector Assessment
- Inflammatory Autoimmune Diseases
- Emergency Medicine
- Hormone Replacement
- Reproductive Health
- Other Commercial Pen Markets & Products
- Regulatory Considerations
- Patient Preferences and Compliance
- Managed Care Initiatives
- Private Labeling