Product Code: SEM20
‘The Global Semiconductor Market 2015- 2020’ is GMR Data's latest Tech sector report. This report forecasts revenues for key services across key geographies. The global semiconductor market is forecast, by GMR Data, to reach $332bn across 2015, representing a 3.4% growth in comparison to $316bn in 2014.
GMR Data forecasts that the market will grow at a 5-yr CAGR of 2.9% over 2015 to 2020, with the majority of growth being driven by mobile, automotive and industrial application markets. The consumer electronics and data processing application markets are expected to remain at the end of the growth spectrum with limited expectations for any innovative development to lead market demand.
Key product and service applications for semiconductor technology include innovations in smart devices and hyper-connected communications networks, as well as medical devices and efficient infrastructure across the energy sector. There is still capacity in the market for innovative semiconductor production methods that drive expenditure reduction, productivity, and efficiency as the demand for performance increases.
Through reading this report you will gain knowledge of the following:
- Analysis of the state of the global semiconductor market in 2015 and a market forecast for the period 2015-2020.
- Identify how the market operates and which companies are operating in the market, their current products and pipeline candidates
- Discover how the semiconductor market is evolving across the forecast period of 2015-2020 through the examination of global and regional benefits and challenges, particularly relating to political, economic, social, and technological factors
- Read our interviews with 2 key global authorities in the semiconductor market
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
- 1.1. Global Semiconductor Market Overview
- 1.2. Chapter Breakdown
- 1.3. Research & Analysis Methods
- 1.4. Drivers & Restraints of the Global Semiconductor Market 2015-2020
- 1.4.1. Drivers
- 1.4.2. Restraints
2. Industry Scope
- 2.1. Overview
- 2.1.1. Types of Semiconductors
- 2.1.2. Types of Semiconductor Memory
3. Semiconductor Market Forecast, by Application, 2015-2020
- 3.1. Data Processing Applications Forecast 2015-2020
- 3.2. Communications Application Forecast 2015-2020
- 3.3. Consumer Electronics Applications Forecast 2015-2020
- 3.4. Automotive Applications Forecast 2015-2020
- 3.5. Industrial Applications Forecast 2015-2020
- 3.6. Other Applications Forecast 2015-2020 (Other includes Military, Medical, Agriculture, etc.)
4. Semiconductor Market Forecast, by Component, 2015-2020
- 4.1. Global Semiconductor Component Market & Forecast 2015-2020
- 4.2. Discrete Semiconductor Market 2015-2020
- 4.3. Opto-Electronics Semiconductor Market 2015-2020
- 4.4. Sensor and Actuator Market 2015-2020
- 4.5. Analog IC Market 2015-2020
- 4.6. Micro Components Market 2015-2020
- 4.7. Logic Components Market 2015-2020
- 4.8. Memory Market 2015-2020
5. Global Semiconductor Market by Geography 2015-2020
- 5.1. Global Semiconductor Market by Geographic Region 2015-2020
- 5.2. The Americas' Semiconductor Market 2015-2020
- 5.3. The European Semiconductor Market 2015-2020
- 5.4. The Japan Semiconductor Market 2015-2020
- 5.5. The China Semiconductor Market 2015-2020
- 5.6. The Rest of the World Semiconductor Market 2015-2020
6. Top 20 Global Semiconductor Companies, by Revenue, 2014
- 6.1. Top 20 Companies Overview 2009-2014
- 6.2. Intel
- 6.3. Samsung
- 6.4. Qualcomm
- 6.5. Micron
- 6.6. SK Hynix
- 6.7. Texas Instruments
- 6.8. Toshiba
- 6.9. Broadcom
- 6.10. TSMC
- 6.11. STM
- 6.12. MediaTek
- 6.13. Renesas
- 6.14. SanDisk
- 6.15. Infineon
- 6.16. NXP
- 6.17. Avago
- 6.18. AMD
- 6.19. Freescale
- 6.20. Sony
- 6.21. NVIDIA
7. SWOT Analysis of the Global Semiconductor Market 2015-2020
- 7.1. Strengths
- 7.2. Weaknesses
- 7.3. Opportunities
- 7.4. Threats
8. Expert Opinion
- 8.1. On Semi
- 8.2. Entropic
List of Companies
- Applied Materials
- Atheros Communications Inc.
- Avago Technologies
- BCD Semiconductor Manufacturing Ltd.
- Broadcom Corporation
- Diodes Incorporated
- Elec-Tech International Co., Ltd.
- Elpida Memory Inc.
- European Commission
- Galaxycore Inc.
- Gennum Corporation
- GMR Data Ltd
- Hangzhou Silan Microelectronics Co., Ltd.
- HiSilicon Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Innovation Network Corporation of Japan
- International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers
- Javelin Semiconductor
- Jilin Sino Microelectronics Co., Ltd.
- Lava International
- LSI Corporation
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.
- Microchip Technology
- Microsemi Corporation
- National Semiconductor
- NetLogic Microsystems
- Novati Technologies, Inc.
- ON Semi
- Passif Semiconductor
- RDA Microelectronics, Inc.
- Sanan Optoelectronics
- Shanghai Belling Co., Ltd.
- SK Hynix
- Spreadtrum Communications, Inc.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company
- Tata Motors
- Texas Instruments
- Tezzaron Semiconductor
- Tianjin Zhonghuan Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
- US Energy Information Administration
- UTAC Manufacturing Services
- Varian Semiconductor Equipments
- Zarlink Semiconductor Inc.