Product Code: GDHC520DFR
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder characterized by abdominal discomfort associated with altered bowel function. Although IBS is not a life-threatening disorder, it has a considerable effect on patients' quality of life (QOL). In terms of volume, the IBS market is a large, albeit naive, one, with only a small number of pharmacotherapies indicated for the treatment of the disorder, and it is also characterized by significant unmet needs.
Irribow (ramosetron) is a product that was developed and is marketed by Astellas Pharma, and is available only in Japan for the treatment of males with IBS-D. In July 2014, Astellas announced that it had submitted an sNDA for Irribow for the treatment of females with IBS-D to the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare (MHLW) in Japan (Astellas Pharma, press release, July 14, 2014).
- Overview of IBS, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Irribow including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Irribow for the top country from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for Japan.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for IBS.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Irribow performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for Irribow from 2013-2023 in top country (Japan).
Table of Contents
1. Table of Contents
- 1.1. List of Tables
- 1.2. List of Figures
- 2.1. Catalyst
- 2.2. Related Reports
3. Disease Overview
- 3.1. Etiology and Pathophysiology
- 3.1.1. Etiology
- 3.1.2. Pathophysiology
- 3.2. Classification
- 3.3. Symptoms
- 3.4. Prognosis
- 3.5. Quality of Life
4. Disease Management
- 4.1. Diagnosis and Treatment Overview
- 4.1.1. Diagnosis
- 4.1.2. Treatment Guidelines and Leading Prescribed Drugs
- 4.1.3. Clinical Practice
5. Competitive Assessment
6. Irribow (ramosetron)
- 6.1. Overview
- 6.2. Efficacy
- 6.3. Safety
6.4. SWOT Analysis
- 7.1. Bibliography
- 7.2. Abbreviations
- 7.3. Methodology
- 7.4. Forecasting Methodology
- 7.4.1. Diagnosed IBS Patients
- 7.4.2. General Pricing Assumptions
- 7.4.3. Individual Drug Assumptions
- 7.4.4. Generic Erosion
- 7.5. Primary Research - KOLs Interviewed for This Report
- 7.6. Primary Research - Prescriber Survey
- 7.7. About the Authors
- 7.7.1. Analyst
- 7.7.2. Therapy Area Director
- 7.7.3. Global Head of Healthcare
- 7.8. About GlobalData
- 7.9. Disclaimer
List of Tables
- Table 1: Common Symptoms of IBS
- Table 2: Summary of the Various Diagnostic Criteria Used for the Diagnosis of IBS
- Table 3: Treatment Guidelines for IBS
- Table 4: Leading Prescribed Drugs for IBS by Predominant Symptoms in the 7MM, 2014†
- Table 5: Leading Branded Treatments for IBS, 2014
- Table 6: Product Profile - Irribow
- Table 7: Irribow SWOT Analysis, 2014
- Table 8: Global IBS Sales Forecasts ($m) for Irribow, 2013-2023
- Table 9: High-Prescribing Physicians (Non-KOLs) Surveyed, by Country
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Summary of Pharmacotherapies Used to Treat IBS