Allergic conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the eye resulting from an allergic reaction to allergy causing substances (external antigens) like pollen, dander, mold, or other substances. In allergic conjunctivitis, the conjunctiva - a layer of tissue which lines the front part of the eyeball (the white part of the eye) and the inside of the eyelids is inflamed secondary to an immune response to external antigens, usually called allergens. Allergic conjunctivitis is one of the most common eye problems encountered in general ophthalmic practices.
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the total prevalent cases of allergic conjunctivitis in the 6MM will grow by 5.40% over the next decade, from 155,455,174 total prevalent cases in 2013 to 163,925,356 total prevalent cases in 2023, with almost 50% of the total prevalent cases occurring in the US alone.
GlobalData's epidemiological analysis is supported by the use of total prevalence data from epidemiological studies published in peer-reviewed journals. GlobalData's epidemiological analysis included the most recently published studies that provided the total prevalence of allergic conjunctivitis based on self-reported symptoms. GlobalData epidemiologists used uniform methodology across the markets to forecast the total prevalent cases of allergic conjunctivitis which allows for a meaningful comparison of disease populations between markets.
- The Allergic Conjunctivitis EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and global and historical trends for allergic conjunctivitis in the six major markets (6MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for total one-year prevalent cases of allergic conjunctivitis segmented by sex and age (0-14 years, 15-34 years, 35-54 years, 55-74 years, and =75 years) in these markets.
- The allergic conjunctivitis epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 6MM.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global allergic conjunctivitis market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global allergic conjunctivitis market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the sex and age groups that present the best opportunities for allergic conjunctivitis therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
Table of Contents
1. Table of Contents
- 1.1. List of Tables
- 1.2. List of Figures
- 2.1. Catalyst
- 2.2. Related Reports
- 2.3. Upcoming Reports
- 3.1. Disease Background
- 3.2. Risk Factors and Comorbidities
- 3.3. Global Trends
- 3.4. Forecast Methodology
- 3.4.1. Sources Used
- 3.4.2. Forecast Assumptions and Methods
- 3.5. Epidemiological Forecast for Allergic Conjunctivitis (2013-2023)
- 3.5.1. Total Prevalent Cases of Allergic Conjunctivitis
- 3.5.2. Age-Specific Total Prevalent Cases of Allergic Conjunctivitis
- 3.5.3. Sex-Specific Total Prevalent Cases of Allergic Conjunctivitis
- 3.6. Discussion
- 3.6.1. Epidemiological Forecast Insight
- 3.6.2. Limitations of the Analysis
- 3.6.3. Strengths of the Analysis
- 4.1. Bibliography
- 4.2. About the Authors
- 4.2.1. Epidemiologists
- 4.2.2. Reviewers
- 4.2.3. Director of Epidemiology
- 4.2.4. Global Head of Healthcare
- 4.3. About GlobalData
- 4.4. About EpiCast
- 4.5. Disclaimer
List of Tables
- Table 1: Risk Factors and Comorbidities for Allergic Conjunctivitis
- Table 2: 6MM, Sources of Allergic Conjunctivitis Prevalence Data Used in the Epidemiology Forecast
- Table 3: 6MM, Total Prevalent Cases of Allergic Conjunctivitis, All Ages, Both Sexes, N, 2013-2023
- Table 4: 6MM, Total Prevalent Cases of Allergic Conjunctivitis, by Age, Both Sexes, N (Row %), 2013
- Table 5: 6MM, Total Prevalent Cases of Allergic Conjunctivitis, by Sex, All Ages, N (Row %), 2013
List of Figures
- Figure 1: 6MM, Total Prevalent Cases of Allergic Conjunctivitis, All Ages, Both Sexes, N, 2013-2023
- Figure 2: 6MM, Total Prevalent Cases of Allergic Conjunctivitis, by Age, Both Sexes, N, 2013-2023
- Figure 3: 6MM, Total Prevalent Cases of Allergic Conjunctivitis, by Sex, All Ages, N, 2013