Product Code: GDHC494DFR
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic autoimmune disease which causes inflammation and deformity of the joints. It affects over seven million individuals in the 10MM covered in this report (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Australia, China, and India) and the prevalence is expected to grow to just over 8.5 million individuals by 2023. The anti-TNFs have been effective in treating the signs and symptoms of RA and inhibiting progression to erosive bone disease. However, the landscape is quickly changing with the introduction of biosimilars, novel biologics, and a class of oral therapies known as JAK inhibitors, all of which will change the market dynamics between 2013 and 2023. With the anti-TNFs as extremely effective therapies for RA, the market is extremely competitive for new entrants and will undergo further pressure as biosimilars are approved and launch.
Remicade (infliximab) was originally developed as a result of a collaboration between two professors at NYU Langone Medical Center and Centocor Ortho Biotech (acquired by Janssen Biotech, a subsidiary of J&J) (NYU Langone Medical Center, press release, August 12, 2005). It is first-generation TNF inhibitor consisting of a chimeric IgG1 mAb that is specific for TNFa. Remicade binds to TNFa with high affinity, neutralizing the effects of this cytokine, thus preventing synovial inflammation and decreasing joint erosion in patients with RA.
- Overview of Rheumatoid Arthritis, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Remicade (infliximab) including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Remicade (infliximab) for the top 10 countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Australia, China and India.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Remicade (infliximab) performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for Remicade (infliximab) from 2013-2023 in top 10 countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan, Australia, China and India).
Table of Contents
1. Table of Contents
- 1.1. List of Tables
- 1.2. List of Figures
- 2.1. Catalyst
- 2.2. Related Reports
- 2.3. Upcoming Related Reports
3. Disease Overview
- 3.1. Etiology and Pathophysiology
- 3.1.1. Etiology
- 3.1.2. Pathophysiology
- 3.2. Symptoms
- 3.3. Prognosis
- 3.4. Quality of Life
4. Disease Management
- 4.1. Diagnosis and Treatment Overview
- 4.1.1. Diagnosis
- 4.1.2. Treatment Guidelines
- 4.1.3. Leading Prescribed Drugs for the Treatment of RA
- 4.1.4. Clinical Practice
5. Competitive Assessment
6. Remicade (infliximab)
- 6.1. Overview
- 6.2. Efficacy
- 6.3. Safety
6.4. SWOT Analysis
- 7.1. Bibliography
- 7.2. Abbreviations
- 7.3. Methodology
- 7.4. Forecasting Methodology
- 7.4.1. Diagnosed RA Patients
- 7.4.2. Percentage of Drug-Treated Patients
- 7.4.3. General Pricing Assumptions
- 7.4.4. Individual Drug Assumptions
- 7.4.5. Generic and Biosimilar Erosion
- 7.5. Primary Research - KOLs Interviewed for This Report
- 7.6. Primary Research - Prescriber Survey
- 7.7. About the Authors
- 7.7.1. Analyst
- 7.7.2. Reviewer
- 7.7.3. Therapy Area Director
- 7.7.4. Global Head of Healthcare
- 7.8. About GlobalData
- 7.9. Disclaimer
List of Tables
- Table 1: Symptoms of RA
- Table 2: 1987 ACR Diagnostic Criteria for RA
- Table 3: 2010 ACR/EULAR Diagnostic Criteria for RA
- Table 4: Treatment Guidelines for RA Used by Each Country in the 10MM
- Table 5: ACR 2012 Criteria for RA Remission and Low/Moderate/High Disease Activity
- Table 6: EULAR 2013 Criteria for RA Remission
- Table 7: Most Prescribed Biologics for RA (After csDMARDs) in the Global Markets, 2014
- Table 8: Leading Branded Treatments for RA 2014
- Table 9: Product Profile - Remicade
- Table 10: Remicade SWOT Analysis, 2014
- Table 11: Global Sales Forecasts ($m) for Remicade, 2013-2023
- Table 12: High-Prescribing Physicians (non-KOLs) Surveyed, By Country
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Normal Synovial Joint and Synovial Joint with RA
- Figure 2: Cellular and Cytokine Targets for the Current RA Drugs
- Figure 3: Disease Management Flowchart for Early RA - ACR 2012
- Figure 4: Disease Management Flowchart for Established RA - ACR 2012
- Figure 5: Flowchart for the Management of RA - EULAR 2013