Product Code: MBAB-01-00-00-00
Broadband Reach to be Enhanced through the Release of Spectrum from Digital Migration
This study analyses the regulatory environment concerning telecommunications in selected countries within the African continent. The aim of the research is to assess the impact of regulations on the development of the telecommunications market in Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa. The key objectives are to provide an overview of developments relating to broadband, radio spectrum, and digital migration; to highlight regulations and policies affecting the telecommunications markets; and to identify relevant challenges impacting the provision of telecommunications.
Table of Contents
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 1. Key Findings
- 2. Executive Summary-Broadband
- 3. Executive Summary-Radio Spectrum
- 4. Executive Summary-Digital Migration
2. RESEARCH OBJECTIVES AND SCOPE
Research Objectives and Scope
- 1. Research Aim and Objectives
- 2. Research Scope
- 3. Research Scope-Ecosystem
3. BROADBAND DEVELOPMENT
- 1. Broadband in Africa
- 2. Broadband-Economic Growth
- 3. Broadband-Why Broadband in Africa?
- 4. Broadband-Value Chain
- 5. Broadband-Kenya
- 6. Broadband-Nigeria
- 7. Broadband-South Africa
- 8. Broadband-Conclusion
4. RADIO SPECTRUM
- 1. What is Radio Spectrum?
- 2. Why is Radio Spectrum Important for Communications?
- 3. Who Regulates and Manages Radio Spectrum?
- 4. How is Radio Spectrum Used?
- 5. What is Happening in Africa?
- 6. The Emerging Radio Spectrum Bands
- 7. Radio Spectrum-Millimetre Wave Frequency as an Emerging Technology
- 8. Radio Spectrum-Conclusion
5. DIGITAL MIGRATION
- 1. Digital Migration-Global Analysis
- 2. Digital Migration-Global Analogue Switch-off Status
- 3. Digital Migration-Status by 17 June 2015
- 4. What Happens to the Digital Dividend?
- 5. Digital Migration-Best Practices from Tanzania
- 6. Digital Migration in Kenya
- 7. Digital Migration in Nigeria
- 8. Digital Migration in South Africa
- 9. Digital Migration-Conclusion
6. OTHER FACTORS AFFECTING TELECOMMUNICATIONS DEVELOPMENT
Other Factors Affecting Telecommunications Development
- 1. TV White Spaces (TVWS)
- 2. Net Neutrality and Over the Top (OTT) Providers
- 3. Data Protection Measures
- 4. Mobile Operating Licenses
7. THE LAST WORD
The Last Word
- 1. The Last Word
- 2. Legal Disclaimer
8. THE FROST & SULLIVAN STORY
The Frost & Sullivan Story
- 1. The Frost & Sullivan Story
- 2. Value Proposition: Future of Your Company & Career
- 3. Global Perspective
- 4. Industry Convergence
- 5. 360° Research Perspective
- 6. Implementation Excellence
- 7. Our Blue Ocean Strategy