Product Code: MB02-01-00-00-00
Results of End-user Survey Conducted 1Q 2015
A true real-time city exploits its massive data repositories, its network and sensor infrastructure, and the expertise of its ICT partners in the pursuit of policy goals. Frost & Sullivan's end-user survey explores how the early innovators are using big and/or open data to achieve these aims and ultimately to build a foundation for commercially-sustainable services. Question topics include city goals, data providers/users, open source software, project financing, and collaborative efforts. The resulting ‘heat map' represents the relative progress of 27 respondents in West and East Europe.
Table of Contents
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 1. Findings-Real-Time City Trends in Europe
- 2. Findings-Real-Time City Trends in Europe (continued)
- 3. Results-Real-Time Cities Progress Heat Map
- 4. Questions This Study Will Answer
2. RESEARCH BACKGROUND
- 1. Scope-Europe
- 2. 2015 Survey Methodology
- 3. Definitions
3. SURVEY RESULTS-GOALS AND ACTIVITIES
Survey Results-Goals and Activities
- 1. Q1-What is the City You Represent?
- 2. Q2-Which Services are the Main Focus of Your City's Initiatives?*
- 3. Q3-What are Your City's Top 3 Goals?*
- 4. Q4-What Do You Believe Stands Out in Your City's Use of Big or Open Data?*
- 5. Q5-Does Your City's Initiative Include Any of the Following?*
4. SURVEY RESULTS-DATA SOURCES AND USERS
Survey Results-Data Sources and Users
- 1. Q6-How Many Public Datasets are Collected?
- 2. Q7-Who Owns the Data?
- 3. Q8-Where is Data Published?
- 4. Q9-What Open Source Technologies, Standards, and Guidelines are Used?
5. SURVEY RESULTS-FUNDING, BUDGETS, AND COLLABORATION
Survey Results-Funding, Budgets, and Collaboration
- 1. Q10-Please Rank the Budget Allocations for the Following Technology Cost Items
- 2. Q11-Which Infrastructure is Already Available or Requires Investment to Support Your City's Projects?
- 3. Q12-What are the Funding Sources Behind Your City's Initiatives?
- 4. Q13 & Q14-How is Your City Collaborating With Other Public Authorities and With ICT Suppliers?
- 5. Q15-Who are the Providers of Street Infrastructure?
- 6. Q16-Which ICT Suppliers are You Working With?
6. BENCHMARK EVALUATION AND CONCLUSIONS
Benchmark Evaluation and Conclusions
- 1. Benchmarking Evalutation
- 2. Benchmark Derived from Survey Results
- 3. Benchmark Derived from Survey Results (continued)
- 4. Benchmark Derived from Survey Results (continued)
- 5. The Last Word
- 6. The Last Word (continued)
- 7. The Last Word (continued)
- 8. Legal Disclaimer
7. THE FROST & SULLIVAN STORY
The Frost & Sullivan Story
- 1. The Frost & Sullivan Story
- 2. Value Proposition-Future of Your Company & Career
- 3. Global Perspective
- 4. Industry Convergence
- 5. 360° Research Perspective
- 6. Implementation Excellence
- 7. Our Blue Ocean Strategy