‘Commercial Non-Life Insurance Brokers in Indonesia’ plus the BrokerBASE™ and market data file that accompany it investigate the importance of brokers in the distribution of non-life insurance for businesses in Indonesia. This report first provides unique data for the size, segmentation and growth of the Indonesian commercial non-life insurance market itself. It then quantifies the share of this market that is intermediated by brokers and, based on extensive primary research of around 100 broking entities in total, it ranks the leading 20 brokers in Indonesia according to their revenues from commercial non-life insurance, excluding income from other activities such as personal lines and employee benefits.
This report provides unique data in the following areas:
- the value of commercial non-life insurance markets for 2010 to 2014;
- the share of this market distributed by brokers in 2010 and 2014;
- the revenues generated by commercial non-life insurance business for brokers in 2010 and 2014;
- the concentration of the market for commercial non-life insurance broking in 2014;
- forecasts for 2018 for the value of commercial non-life insurance premiums, brokers' share of this market and their revenues from commercial non-life insurance business.
Moreover, the report, BrokerBASE™ and market data file can be used in one or more of the following ways:
- to quantify the size and dynamism of the broker market for commercial non-life insurance in Indonesia;
- to utilise a single comprehensive source of information that uses a uniform methodology to size the underlying commercial non-life insurance market and to quantify brokers' share of distribution;
- to assess a range of potential business opportunities: from selecting targets for acquisition to niche product development and ideas for distribution partnerships;
- to understand the competitive landscape in Indonesia through its market concentration, the importance of international brokers, and brokers' distribution strategies;
- to identify the leading brokers in Indonesia, with coverage of competitors such as Aon, IBS Group, KBRU, Marsh and MIR Brokers.
Table of Contents
0.0 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- What is this report about?
- The focus is uniquely on commercial non-life insurance, excluding other types of business...
- ...and on brokerage, even where intermediaries can act as both agents and brokers
- Research program
- Market data analysis
- Exchange rate
2.0 MARKET ANALYSIS
- Regulatory information
- There are over 150 licensed insurance brokerages in Indonesia
- Regulations that place a cap on foreign ownership of brokers may change in future
- Commercial non-life insurance market
- Indonesia's commercial lines market is expanding rapidly...
- ... with growth apparent across all of the main segments
- Commercial non-life insurance brokers
- Overview of brokers' presence in the distribution of commercial non-life insurance
- Brokers are increasing their distribution share in commercial lines to the detriment of agents
- Competitor trends and specialisms
- The commercial lines broking market is characterised by a relatively high degree of fragmentation
- KBRU is the country's largest indigenous commercial non-life insurance broker...
- ... although there are five others in the top ten
- Among the top 20, IBS Group secures the highest proportion of total revenues from commercial lines
- Brokers' distribution strategies
- MIR Brokers (Mitra Iswara & Rorimpandey) is especially strong in the construction sector
- Future outlook
- Indonesian brokers are optimistic that the commercial lines broking market will carry on expanding...
- ... causing its value to rise above USD 200 million by 2018
LIST OF GRAPHICS / TABLES
0.0 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Key market data for commercial non-life insurance brokers in Indonesia
2.0 MARKET ANALYSIS
- Segmentation of the commercial non-life insurance market in Indonesia, 2014
- Growth in the commercial non-life insurance market in Indonesia by segment, 2010 to 2014
- Size and growth of the commercial non-life insurance market in Indonesia by segment, 2010 to 2014 (table)
- Brokers' share of the commercial non-life insurance market and revenues earned from it in Indonesia, 2010 and 2014
- Brokers' share of the commercial non-life insurance market and revenues earned from it in Indonesia, 2010 and 2014 (table)
- Market concentration for commercial non-life insurance broking in Indonesia, 2014
- Market shares of commercial non-life insurance broking revenues of the top ten brokers in Indonesia, 2014
- Importance of different types of insurance broking for the top 20 commercial non-life insurance brokers in Indonesia
- Partners of broker networks in Indonesia, 2014
- Brokers' forecast share of the commercial non-life insurance market and revenues earned from it in Indonesia, 2018
- Brokers' forecast share of the commercial non-life insurance market and revenues earned from it in Indonesia, 2018 (table)