Commercial Non-Life Insurance Brokers in Vietnam plus the BrokerBASE™ and market data file that accompany it investigate the importance of brokers in the distribution of non-life insurance for businesses in Vietnam. This report first provides unique data for the size, segmentation and growth of the Vietnamese commercial non-life insurance market itself. It then quantifies the share of this market that is intermediated by brokers and, based on extensive primary research of the country's leading brokers, it ranks the top ten in Vietnam according to their revenues from commercial non-life insurance, excluding income from other activities such as personal lines and employee benefits.
This report provides unique data in the following areas:- the value of commercial non-life insurance markets for 2010 to 2014;
- the share of this market distributed by brokers in 2010 and 2014;
- the revenues generated by commercial non-life insurance business for brokers in 2010 and 2014;
- the concentration of the market for commercial non-life insurance broking in 2014;
- forecasts for 2018 for the value of commercial non-life insurance premiums, brokers' share of this market and their revenues from commercial non-life insurance business.
Moreover, the report, BrokerBASE™ and market data file can be used in one or more of the following ways:
- to quantify the size and dynamism of the broker market for commercial non-life insurance in Vietnam;
- to utilise a single comprehensive source of information that uses a uniform methodology to size the underlying commercial non-life insurance market and to quantify brokers' share of distribution;
- to assess a range of potential business opportunities: from selecting targets for acquisition to niche product development and ideas for distribution partnerships;
- to understand the competitive landscape in Vietnam through its market concentration, the importance of international brokers, and brokers' distribution strategies;
- to identify the leading brokers in Vietnam, with coverage of competitors such as Aon, Gras Savoye Willis, JLT, Marsh and Toyota Tsusho Insurance Broker.
Table of Contents
0.0 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- What is this report about?
- The focus is uniquely on commercial non-life insurance, excluding other types of business...
- ...and on brokerage, even where intermediaries can act as both agents and brokers
- Research program
- Market data analysis
- Exchange rate
2.0 MARKET ANALYSIS
- Regulatory information
- Vietnamese law recognises the difference between insurance brokers and insurance agents
- It is officially the case that broking commissions should not exceed 15% of premiums
- For local clients with no foreign investors, insurance cover must be sourced locally
- Commercial non-life insurance market
- In nominal terms, the Vietnamese commercial lines insurance market has been growing quite rapidly...
- ...with the small market for commercial liability insurance having been particularly buoyant in this respect
- Commercial non-life insurance brokers
- Overview of brokers' presence in the distribution of commercial non-life insurance
- Brokers have been pushing up their distribution share in commercial non-life insurance...
- ....although the value of the commercial lines broking market remains comparatively small
- Competitor trends and specialisms
- The commercial lines broking market is characterised by a high degree of concentration...
- ... as a consequence of the fact that there are only 12 authorised firms in this field
- Toyota Tsusho Insurance Broker was established as a joint venture in 2011
- Commercial non-life insurance is by far the most important revenue stream for most brokers
- Brokers' distribution strategies
- Two brokers specialise mainly in MAT insurance for clients in the shipping and aviation sectors
- In several cases, broker network members in Vietnam have not yet been authorised
- Future outlook
- Commercial lines broking revenues in Vietnam will carry on growing in both nominal and real terms
LIST OF GRAPHICS / TABLES
Key market data for commercial non-life insurance brokers in Vietnam
2.0 MARKET ANALYSIS
- Segmentation of the commercial non-life insurance market in Vietnam, 2014
- Growth in the commercial non-life insurance market in Vietnam by segment, 2010 to 2014
- Size and growth of the commercial non-life insurance market in Vietnam by segment, 2010 to 2014 (table)
- Brokers' share of the commercial non-life insurance market and revenues earned from it in Vietnam, 2010 and 2014
- Brokers' share of the commercial non-life insurance market and revenues earned from it in Vietnam, 2010 and 2014 (table)
- Market concentration for commercial non-life insurance broking in Vietnam, 2014
- Market shares of commercial non-life insurance broking revenues of the top ten brokers in Vietnam, 2014
- Importance of different types of insurance broking for the top ten commercial non-life insurance brokers in Vietnam
- Partners of broker networks in Vietnam, 2015
- Brokers' forecast share of the commercial non-life insurance market and revenues earned from it in Vietnam, 2018
- Brokers' forecast share of the commercial non-life insurance market and revenues earned from it in Vietnam, 2018 (table)