Product Code: GDCC0036MR
"Cigars and Cigarillos in USA, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the US market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects and forecasts for sales and consumption to 2025.
The US cigar and cigarillo market is the largest cigar market in the world. Cigar sales had been growing up until 2012, when they reached a peak, but then declined by 4.6% in 2013, then recovered again in 2014, almost returning to peak levels. However, they fell by 10.4% in 2015. Duty paid cigar sales are reported at 1.8% down on 2015 levels.
- Market volume is forecast to decline by around 9.5% over the forecast period.
- The small (little) cigar segment is expected to continue to decline, with the market becoming increasingly focused on the large cigar and cigarillo sector.
- Demand for mass market cigars has been growing and expected to continue to do so although it will remain highly competitive.
- The premium cigar segment is expected to remain flat hovering around current levels.
- The US market is led by the independently-owned Swisher International, which also leads both the large cigar and cigarillo sector and also the small (little) cigars segment.
- A new and potentially significant development is that the US cigar market is now being regulated by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) which introduced its deeming regulations in May 2016, extending its regulatory control to other tobacco products, including cigar products.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- 01 Introduction
- 02 Market context
- 03 Market size and structure
- 04 Production and trade
- 05 Taxation and retail prices
- 06 Manufacturers and brands
- 07 The smoking population
- 08 Operating constraints
- 09 Distribution
- 10 Prospects and forecasts