Product Code: 596200753
Market barriers cost most brands share, but awareness is a bigger issue for some
In the EU5 countries, market barriers affect a modest 15% of asthma/COPD prescriptions, but they're siphoning market share from most of the brands we surveyed. That lost share goes to a handful of brands, putting the market leaders even further ahead. Meanwhile some brands have a bigger problem: doctors aren't prescribing them because they don't know they exist.
Market Access Impact: Asthma/COPD (EU5) shows you how widely prescribed your brand is, and reveals how 7 barriers affect your market share. You'll learn how much share you win and lose, who you take share from, and who gets your lost share.
Based on a survey of 150 pulmonologists, the report covers 11 major therapies from AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, GSK, and Novartis.
- Barriers affect nearly 15% of prescriptions: Most barriers have a more or less equal overall impact, but each one affects some brands more than others.
- Most brands lose share: 7 of the 11 surveyed brands lose market share because of barriers, although those losses tend to be modest.
- 2 brands have a big lead: They're prescribed by at least 10% more doctors than their closest competitor, and enjoy a sizeable market share advantage.
- 2 barriers are holding one brand back: 30-40% of surveyed doctors can't prescribe it due to high cost or patient type recommendations.
- Not all doctors see the problem: At least half of the surveyed doctors don't experience any barriers with most of the surveyed brands.
- Need for improvement: Up to almost 40% of doctors either wouldn't prescribe many of the surveyed brands, or haven't heard of them at all.
Insight into 11 Asthma/COPD Disease Drug
- Anoro (umeclidinium/vilanterol; GSK)
- Daxas (roflumilast; AstraZeneca)
- Eklira (aclidinium; AstraZeneca)
- Onbrez (indacaterol; Novartis)
- Relvar Ellipta (vilanterol/fluticasone furoate; GSK)
- Seebri (glycopyrronium; Novartis)
- Seretide (fluticasone/salmeterol; GSK)
- Spiriva (tiotropium; Boehringer Ingelheim)
- Symbicort (budesonide/formoterol; AstraZeneca)
- Ultibro (indacaterol/glycopyrronium; Novartis)
- Xolair (omalizumab; Novartis)
Exploring Important Market Access Issues
Market Access Impact: Asthma/COPD (EU5) explores key issues affecting drug manufacturers. You'll learn:
How barriers affect market access:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
How barriers affect your brand:
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don't, but would consider it?
- Why don't doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
A Report Based on Expert Knowledge
We surveyed 150 pulmonologists-30 from each EU5 country (France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK)-chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world.
All respondents have:
- Been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients with Parkinson's disease in the last month
We conducted the survey between June 1st and 5th, 2017.