Product Code: 596200296
A unique survey providing key insights and actionable intelligence. Access expert analysis and data analysis slides in MS PowerPoint and the full data tabulations in MS Excel.
Charting MSL Activity and Performance distils the key findings from one of the most comprehensive surveys of specialist Medical Science Liaison (MSL) personnel in the US and EU5 markets. Informed by the responses and experiences of 80 MSLs, this survey identifies critical variations in MSL activity and presents thought-provoking ideas for the improvement of MSL performance and assessment and how it might change in the future.
Medical Science Liaisons are now the most trusted face of pharma and provide a critically important communication channel with physicians in support of new brands. However, their role has diversified and companies are struggling to identify and measure key MSL outcomes that provide value. Against a background of increasing regulatory oversight, what are the main differences to be found in the US and Europe and what are the current and future approaches to performance measurement that are shaping and defining MSL activity?
Order today to gain insights on how to benchmark your MSL programme and apply engagement techniques used elsewhere.
Gain Answers to Critical Questions
- At what drug development stage is an MSL team established, how many brands do they handle and how does this differ between the US and Europe?
- How do MSL performance measurement criteria change pre to post launch?
- “Building new KOL relationships” is a critical post launch activity but what outcomes are sought and how is success measured?
- To what extent do US and European views differ on MSL activity in CME, KOL education and publication programmes?
- What performance criteria do MSL experts see as becoming increasingly important over the near term?
- Has the rise of new stakeholders changed the way MSL performance is measured?
- What metrics are companies using to demonstrate MSL value to internal stakeholders?
Your report purchase gives you access to unique data and analysis that can be employed practically in your plans and briefings as well as hone your internal performance measurement systems:
- Data Report: Clear, concise and easy to read tables and charts presented as MS PowerPoint slides with expert views on key findings
- Data Tabulations: All the data provided in MS Excel
- Survey Questionnaire: delivered as a PDF document
- Understand which MSL activities are seen as being most important in the US and Europe
- Benchmark your own MSL programme and identify new ways to improve performance
- Understand differing US/European attitudes in key areas such payer engagement, KOL education, publication programmes and congress attendance, and challenge accepted norms
- Examine the importance European MSLs place on training internal sales forces over their US colleagues
- Identify the most widely used measurements for evaluating KOL engagement and feedback
- Appreciate the current and future regulatory demands that are impacting MSL activity and prompting a rethink of priorities
- Understand the current balance between quantitative and qualitative metrics used to measure MSL performance, and assess signals that may indicate a change in the type of metrics used in the future
Table of Contents
- Number of Brands Supported and Areas of Responsibility
- Assignment of MSLs to Brands and Discussion of New Products with Physicians
- MSL Pre-Launch and Post-Launch Activities
- Numbers and Methods of Interactions With Physicians
- Time Spent on Proactive vs. Reactive Engagement
MSL Performance Measurements
- Internal Communication Frequency and Format
- Performance Measurements Used to Evaluate MSLs
- Methods to Gather Information on External Value Metrics
- Frequency of Performance Review
Value Demonstration to Internal Stakeholders of MSL Performance Measurements
- Usefulness of MSL Performance Measurements in Value Demonstration
- Expected Changes in MSL Performance Measurements in Value Demonstration