Product Code: DMKC0141800
Big Pharma is poised for growth due to strong launch portfolios, the availability of high-potential pipeline assets, and companies' sharpened focus on highperforming markets. This report explores and visualizes market dynamics in the Big Pharma peer set out to 2024, using in-house sales forecasts. By delving deeper into drivers of strategy, revenue trends, and therapy area focus, this analysis is vital to understanding how the industry will navigate headwinds in order to steer towards robust growth.
What's included in this report:
- Analyst Outlook
- Revenue Analysis
- Therapy Area Analysis
- Lifecycle Analysis
- Strategy Analysis
Key questions answered:
- What are the significant challenges and drivers facing Big Pharma out to 2024?
- Which companies will propel revenue growth over the forecasts period?
- Which companies will have leading market share gains and market share losses?
- How are late stage pipelines positioned, and what are the most-coveted launch products?
- Which therapy areas will experience the largest growth and decline?
- What are the portfolio weightings of Big Pharma based on the lifecycle of products?
- How is Big Pharma adopting lifecycle management strategies to increase value?
Table of Contents
ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Analysis structure
- Key questions answered
- Global revenue overview
- Company revenue overview
- Top 30 products in 2024
- Big Pharma pipeline overview
- Top 30 pipeline products
- Company launch portfolios
- Five-year launch analysis
- Expiry revenue overview
THERAPY AREA ANALYSIS
- Worldwide overview
- Therapy area ranking
- Endocrine, metabolic, and genetic disorders
- Central nervous system
- Lifecycle management case studies
- How has Big Pharma adapted strategically to internal and external headwinds?
- Targeted deal-making
- Cost-cutting programs
- Big Pharma emerging market presence
- Forecast methodology
LIST OF FIGURES
- Figure 1: Big Pharma's prescription pharmaceutical performance, by sales ($m) and growth rate (%), 2011-24
- Figure 2: Big Pharma ranking, 2007-24
- Figure 3: Big Pharma waterfall ($m), 2014-24
- Figure 4: Big Pharma's pipeline overview ranking in 2015
- Figure 5: Big Pharma's risk-of-expiry sales, by expiry year ($m), 2014-22
- Figure 6: Big Pharma therapy area sales ($bn), 2008-24
- Figure 7: Therapy area ranking, 2007-24
- Figure 8: Big Pharma oncology sales ($bn) and product growth drivers and resistors
- Figure 9: Oncology waterfall overview, 2014-24
- Figure 10: Oncology sales growth contribution market share, 2014-24
- Figure 11: PD-1 and PD-L1 sales forecasts ($m), 2014-24
- Figure 12: Big Pharma EM&GD sales ($bn) and product growth drivers and resistors, 2011-24
- Figure 13: EM&GD waterfall overview ($m), 2014-24
- Figure 14: EM&GD sales growth contribution market share, 2014-24
- Figure 15: Big Pharma CNS sales ($bn) and product growth drivers and resistors
- Figure 16: CNS waterfall overview, 2014-24
- Figure 17: CNS sales growth contribution market share, 2014-24
- Figure 18: Big Pharma lifecycle management, 2014-24
- Figure 19: Big Pharma lifecycle portfolio weightings ($m), 2014-24
- Figure 20: Big Pharma R&D spend ($bn), 2008-24
- Figure 21: Datamonitor Healthcare's methodology
LIST OF TABLES
- Table 1: Big Pharma peer set market share analysis
- Table 2: Big Pharma sales, by company ($bn), 2014-24
- Table 3: Big Pharma's top 30 products ($m), 2014-24
- Table 4: Top 30 Big Pharma pipeline sales, by brand ($m), 2014-24
- Table 5: Big Pharma launch portfolio sales, by company ($m), 2014-24
- Table 6: Big Pharma product launch, by brand ($m), 2010-19
- Table 7: Big Pharma's risk-of-expiry sales, by expiry year ($m), 2014-24
- Table 8: Big Pharma sales by therapy area ($bn), 2014-24
- Table 9: Big Pharma biosimilar sales ($m), 2015-24