Product Code: 1406168
As Chinese economy develops, utilization rate of condoms exhibits upward trend due to people's increase concern for reproductive health. Functions of condoms expand from contraception to prevention of STDs and AIDS. Condoms can also improve the quality of people's sex life.
In China, condoms belonged to sanitary products before 2002, which led to strict government control, low production capacity and limited market size. From 2002, Chinese government loosened control over condom industry, which gained rapid development afterwards. Annual output volume of condoms was merely 1 billion in 1995 while the number exceeded 10 billion in China in 2013. Major export destinations for condoms in China were Vietnam, South Africa, the U.K. and Russia. Export value of condoms exceeded USD 90 million in 2013.
As a special industry, condom industry can be divided into 2 parts. One part is government procurement. Chinese government purchases over 1 billion condoms every year and gives them out for free for family planning and STD prevention. Governments at all levels purchase condoms from designated enterprises. Although purchase amount of Chinese government is huge, average unit price is merely CNY 0.15-0.5.
Another part is commercial condom market with intense competition. There are hundreds of condom enterprises in China. Usually, these enterprises order products from domestic manufacturers or purchase imported condoms in bulk, and sell them after packaging. Retail price per condom is CNY 0.5-20 in China in 2014. Market size exceeded CNY 8 billion in 2013 with high profit margin, making the industry new focus of competition.
As a labor-intensive industry in China, condom industry enjoys lower labor costs and price advantages compared to developed countries. Chinese condom manufacturers possess advantages of production technology and prices compared to other developing countries. Annual export value of condoms is tens of millions of USD with major export destinations like South Africa and Russia. Some of the products are purchased by WHO and UNFPA.
Some Chinese people consider imported condoms better than domestic products in quality. Therefore, China imports a large amount of condoms from Thailand, Malaysia and Japan every year. Import value of condoms reached USD 133 million in China in 2013 with a trade deficit of USD 40 million.
In China, sexually active population reaches hundreds of millions, leading to huge market potential for condoms. From the 1980s, increases in premarital sex behaviors and commercial sex behaviors stimulate demand for condoms. Commercial sex behaviors are not completely eliminated though they are banned by Chinese government. To reduce transmission of STDs such as AIDS, public places for entertainment, like nightclubs and hotels, are required to provide condoms.
As income per capita and life quality improve, requirements for quantity and quality of condoms are expected to grow in China as an important market for global manufacturers and enterprises of condoms.
Through this report, readers can acquire the following information or even more:
- Status of China Condom Market
- Competition Status of Condom Market
- Status of Government Procurement of Condoms
- Major Enterprises in China Condom Market
- Import and Export of Condoms in China
- Development Trend of Condom Industry
The following enterprises and people are proposed to purchase this report:
- Condom Manufacturers
- Condom Trading Enterprises
- Government Departments
- Research Institutions/Investors Concerned about Condom Industry
Table of Contents
1. Relevant Concepts of Condoms
- 1.1. Definition and Classification
- 1.1.1. Definition
- 1.1.2. Classification
- 1.2. Major Uses of Condoms
- 1.2.1. Contraception
- 1.2.2. Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- 1.2.3. Therapeutic Effects
2. Development Environment of China Condom Industry, 2011-2014
- 2.1. Economic and Population Environment
- 2.1.1. China Economy
- 2.1.2. Population and the Structure in China
- 2.2. Policy Environment
- 2.2.1. Family Planning Policies
- 2.2.2. Related Policies in Condom Industry
- 2.2.3. China Compulsory Certification (3C) of Condoms
3. Status of Condom Industry in China, 2009-2013
- 3.1. Production Status
- 3.1.1. Production Capacity
- 3.1.2. Output Volume
- 3.2. Demand
- 3.2.1. Market Size
- 3.2.2. Government Procurement
- 3.2.3. Commercial Demand
4. Import and Export of Condoms in China, 2010-2013
- 4.1. Import
- 4.1.1. Import Overview
- 4.1.2. Major Sources of Import
- 4.2. Export
- 4.2.1. Export Overview
- 4.2.2. Major Export Destinations
5. Analysis of Sales Channels of Condoms in China, 2011-2014
- 5.1. Government Procurement
- 5.1.1. Overview
- 5.1.2. Analysis of Advantages and Disadvantages
- 5.2. Retail Stores
- 5.2.1. Overview
- 5.2.2. Analysis of Advantages and Disadvantages
- 5.3. Entertainment Places
- 5.4. Hotels
- 5.5. Vending Machines
- 5.6. E-commerce
6. Competition in China Condom Market, 2011-2014
- 6.1. Barriers to Entry
- 6.2. Competition Structure
- 6.2.1. Upstream Suppliers
- 6.2.2. Downstream Customers
- 6.2.3. Inside Competition
- 6.2.4. Potential Entrants
- 6.2.5. Substitutes
- 6.3. Competition between Foreign-funded Enterprises and China Domestic Enterprises
7. Investigation of Consumer Behaviors in China Condom Market, 2014
- 7.1. Investigation of Reasons for Use
- 7.2. Investigation of Purchase Channels
- 7.3. Selection of Price Level
- 7.4. Brand Loyalty Degree
- 7.5. Brand Awareness
- 7.6. Selection of Packaging
- 7.7. Conclusion
8. Major Manufacturers of Condoms in China, 2011-2014
- 8.1. Qingdao London Durex Co., Ltd.
- 8.1.1. Enterprise Profile
- 8.1.2. Operation Status
- 8.2. Wuhan Jissbon Sanitary Products Co., Ltd.
- 8.3. Guilin Latex Factory
- 8.4. Guangzhou Guangxiang Enterprises Group Co., Ltd. Double One Latex Factory
- 8.5. Shenyang Tiandi Latex Co., Ltd.
- 8.6. Qingdao Double Butterfly Group Co., Ltd.
- 8.7. Dalian Latex Co., Ltd.
- 8.8. Shanghai Latex Factory
- 8.9. Tianjin Zhongsheng Latex Co., Ltd.
- 8.10. Hebei Angel Latex Co., Ltd.
- 8.11. Suzhou Jialewei Enterprise Development Co., Ltd.
- 8.12. Zhejiang Xiangban Latex Products Co., Ltd.
- 8.13. Shanghai Mingbang Rubber Products Co., Ltd.
- 8.14. Henan Xibei Rubber Co., Ltd.
- 8.15. Guangdong Tongde Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- 8.16. Yantai Siwei Hi-tech Biochemical Co., Ltd.
9. Prospect of Condom Industry in China, 2014-2018
- 9.1. Factors Influencing Development
- 9.1.1. Economic Situation
- 9.1.2. Policy Environment
- 9.1.3. Social Environment
- 9.2. Supply Trend
- 9.2.1. Forecast on Production Capacity
- 9.2.2. Forecast on Output Volume
- 9.3. Forecast on Demand
- 9.3.1. Forecast on Market Size
- 9.3.2. Forecast on Segment Demand
- 9.4. Recommendations on Development and Investment in China Condom Industry
- 9.4.1. Discussion about Investment Opportunities
- 9.4.2. Development Proposals
- Chart Brief Introduction of New Products in China Condom Market
- Chart Quantity of Condoms Purchased by Chinese Government, 2009-2013
- Chart Value of Condoms Purchased by Chinese Government, 2009-2013
- Chart Social (Commercial Market) Sales Volume of Condoms in China, 2009-2013
- Chart Social Sales Value of Condoms in China, 2009-2013
- Chart Domestic Demand for Condoms in China, 2009-2013
- Chart Export Volume and Value of Condoms in China, 2010-2013
- Chart Top 20 Export Destinations for Condoms in China, 2013
- Chart Major Sources of Import for Condoms in China, 2013
- Chart Brands of Condoms Purchased by Chinese Government, 2014
- Chart Referential Retail Prices of Durex Condoms (12 condoms) in China, 2014
- Chart Sales Value of Wuhan Jissbon Sanitary Products Co., Ltd., 2009-2013
- Chart Retail Prices of Jissbon Condoms in China, 2014
- Chart Retail Prices of Condoms Produced by Dalian Latex Co., Ltd.
- Chart Classification of Condoms Produced by Shanghai Mingbang Rubber Products Co., Ltd.
- Chart Forecast on Social Sales Volume of Condoms in China, 2014-2018
- Chart Forecast on Domestic Sales Volume of Condoms in China, 2014-2018
- Chart Forecast on Market Size of Condoms in China, 2014-2018