Product Code: 1706556
In 2016, international ship market was on a downtrend. Global trading volume of new ships declined by 67% YOY, and holding orders of global ship enterprises declined by 25% over 2015. Completion of ships, orders of new ships and holding orders of China shipbuilding industry accounted for 35.6%, 65.2% and 43.9% respectively of the global market. Influenced by the on-going in-depth adjustments of the international ship market, Chinese shipbuilding enterprises were confronted with fierce competition in terms of taking orders. As there were more difficulties in delivering completed ships and obtaining financing, number of holding orders kept decreasing and profits declined sharply. According to incomplete statistics, 60% of shipbuilding enterprises took zero new orders in China in 2016. Large shipbuilding enterprises including Jiangsu Rongsheng, Shuntian Shipbuilding, Nantong Mingde, Zhejiang Zhenghe, and Zhejiang Shipbuilding were dramatically influenced and even encountered bankruptcy.
According to CRI, completion of ships and number of new orders taken by Chinese ship enterprises both declined in 2016. National completion of ships were 35 million tons, decreasing by 15.6% YOY. Volume of new orders taken by Chinese shipbuilding enterprises added to 21.10 million tons, decreasing by 32.6% YOY. Exported ships accounted for 94.7% and 77.2% respectively of the national completion of ships and volume of new orders.
In the short term, it is hard to break up the monopoly of enterprises from developed countries in high-end equipment manufacture and design and research fields. Status of Korean enterprises in construction of ocean engineering equipment is also difficult to shake, while the completion between enterprises from Singapore and China in middle and low-end field will continue. Therefore, strengthening design and research ability and improving the capability of building high-end equipment are the problems to be solved.
According to CRI, mergers and acquisitions were continuously carried out in China's shipbuilding industry in 2016. For instance, COSCO Group founded COSCO Shipbuilding Heavy Industry Co., Ltd. by integrating 13 large shipbuilding factories and over 20 supporting service companies; Integrations and reorganizations between CSIC Dalian Shipbuilding and Shanhaiguan Shipbuilding, Wuhan Shipbuilding and Beihai Shipbuilding, Fengfan and Torchbat Energy, Chongqing Hongjiang and Chongyue were forging ahead steadily; Major shipbuilding and repair enterprises including Shanghai Shipbuilding, Guangzhou Shipyard International, China Chengxi, etc. owned by CSSC actively cut down stock and capacity; Enterprises including Hudong-Zhonghua, Waigaoqiao Shipbuilding, Huangpu-Wenchong, etc. proposed an action plan of capacity control and assets disposal. In addition, enterprises from Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Shandong, Fujian, etc. took initiative in cutting down overcapacity through capacity replacing, transforming and upgrading.
The Chinese government issued a series of policies to support the development of shipbuilding industry. According to the goal of deepening integration of shipping industry in Action Plan of Deepening Structure Adjustments and Accelerating Transformation and Upgrade in Shipbuilding Industry (2016-2020) issued by Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of China, the ship completion of China's top ten shipbuilding enterprises will account for over 70% of the national completion by 2020, which means that the concentration rate of shipping industry will dramatically increase. According to the 13th Five-year Plan of China Ship Accessory and Equipment Industry (2016-2020), by the end of 2020, proportion of domestic equipment will reach 80%, 60% and 40% respectively in three main ship models, high-tech ships and ocean engineering equipment. Therefore, there will be large development space in China's ship equipment industry in the next few years.
According to CRI, there will be large development space in China's shipbuilding industry in the next few years and global investors will keep paying much attention to it. As China's shipbuilding industry takes advantages of lower cost over other countries including Japan and Korea, meanwhile, there is a growing demand at home.
Readers can obtain the following information or more through this report:
- Policy and Economic Environment of China Shipbuilding Industry
- Supply and Demand in China Shipbuilding Industry
- Analysis on Major Shipbuilding Enterprises in China
- Competition Status of Shipbuilding Market in China
- Import and Export of Shipbuilding Industry in China
- Market Opportunities and Driving Forces in China Shipbuilding Industry
- Threats and Challenges faced by China Shipbuilding Industry
- Prospect of China Shipbuilding Industry, 2017-2021
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1 Basic Situation of China Shipbuilding Industry
- 1.1 Definition and Classification
- 1.1.1 Definition
- 1.1.2 Classification
- 1.2 Analysis on Industry Chain of China Shipbuilding Industry
- 1.3 Research Methods of the Report
- 1.3.1 Parameters and Assumptions
- 1.3.2 Data Sources
- 1.4 About CRI
2 Development Environment of China Shipbuilding Industry, 2012-2021
- 2.1 Economic Environment
- 2.1.1 China Economy
- 2.1.2 Global Economy
- 2.2 Policies in Shipbuilding Industry
- 2.2.1 Policy Overview
- 2.2.2 Policy Trend
3 Operation Status of China Shipbuilding Industry, 2012-2017
- 3.1 Analysis on Supply of China Shipbuilding Industry, 2012-2017
- 3.1.1 Production Capacity
- 3.1.2 Completion of Ships
- 3.1.3 Supply Structure
- 3.2 Analysis on Demand of China Shipbuilding Industry, 2012-2016
- 3.2.1 Total Demand Volume
- 3.2.2 Demand Structure
- 3.2.3 Analysis on Price Change of ships
4 Competition Status of China Shipbuilding Industry, 2012-2017
- 4.1 Barriers to Entry and Exit in China Shipbuilding Industry
- 4.1.1 Barriers to Entry
- 4.1.2 Barriers to Exit
- 4.2 Competition Structure of China Shipbuilding Industry
- 4.2.1 Bargaining Ability of Upstream Suppliers
- 4.2.2 Bargaining Ability of Ship Buyers
- 4.2.3 Competition Status
- 4.2.4 Threats to New Entrants
- 4.2.5 Substitutes of Shipbuilding Industry
5 Analysis on Industry Chain of China Shipbuilding, 2012-2017
- 5.1 Introduction to Upstream Shipbuilding Industry
- 5.1.1 Major Raw Materials
- 5.1.2 Shipbuilding Equipment
- 5.1.3 Impact of the Upstream on Shipbuilding Industry
- 5.2 Analysis on Downstream Shipbuilding Industry
- 5.2.1 Analysis on Demand
- 5.2.2 Freight
- 5.2.3 Passenger Transport
- 5.2.4 Impact of the Downstream on Shipbuilding Industry
6 Analysis on Shipbuilding Sub-industry in China, 2012-2016
- 6.1 Overview of China Shipbuilding Sub-industries, 2012-2016
- 6.2 Shipbuilding
- 6.2.1 Industry Overview
- 6.2.2 Operation Features
- 6.2.3 Development Trend
- 6.3 Analysis on Ship Equipment Industry
- 6.4 Analysis on Ship Repair and Shipbreaking Industry
- 6.5 Offshore Engineering Platform
- 6.6 Military Industry
7 Analysis on Import and Export of Shipbuilding Industry in China, 2012-2016
- 7.1 Analysis on Import of China Shipbuilding Industry
- 7.1.1 Import Overview
- 7.1.2 Major Import Sources
- 7.1.3 Structure of Imported Products
- 7.2 Analysis on Export of China Shipbuilding Industry
- 7.2.1 Export Overview
- 7.2.2 Structure of Export
- 7.2.3 Major Export Destinations
8 Analysis on Key Enterprises of Shipbuilding Industry in China, 2015-2017
- 8.1 China Shipbuilding Industry Co., Ltd.
- 8.1.1 Enterprise Profile
- 8.1.2 Operation Status
- 8.2 China State Shipbuilding Holdings Co., Ltd.
- 8.3 COSCO Shipbuilding Heavy Industry Co., Ltd
- 8.4 Sinotrans & CSC Shipbuilding Industry Corporation
- 8.5 Shanghai Waigaoqiao Shipbuilding Co., Ltd.
- 8.6 Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding (Group) Co., Ltd.
- 8.7 Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Co., Ltd.
- 8.8 Jiangsu Yangzijiang Shipbuildng (Holdings) Co., Ltd.
- 8.9 Bohai Shipbuilding Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.
- 8.10 Guangzhou Shipyard International Co., Ltd.
- 8.11 Nantong COSCO KHI Ship Engineering Co., Ltd.
- 8.12 Qingdao Beihai Shipbuilding Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.
- 8.13 Nanjing Jinling Shipping Factory of China Changjiang National Shipping (Group) Corporation
- 8.14 Jinhai Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.
- 8.15 CSSC Chengxi Shipyard Co., Ltd.
- 8.16 Tianjin Xingang Shipbuilding Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.
- 8.17 China Shipping Industry (Jiangsu) Co., Ltd.
- 8.18 Yangfan Group Co., Ltd.
- 8.19 Dayang Shipbuilding Co., Ltd.
- 8.20 CSSC Offshore & Marine Engineering Company Limited
9 Prospect of China Shipbuilding Industry, 2017-2021
- 9.1 Factors influencing the Development of China Shipbuilding Industry
- 9.1.1 Driving Forces and Market Opportunities of China Shipbuilding Industry
- 9.1.2 Threats and Challenges in China Shipbuilding Industry
- 9.2 Forecast on Supply and Demand of China Shipbuilding Industry, 2017-2021
- 9.2.1 Forecast on
- 9.2.2 Forecast on Demand of China Shipbuilding Market
- 9.2.3 Forecast on Import and Export of Shipbuilding Industry
- 9.3 Prospect of Investment in China Shipbuilding Industry, 2017-2021
- 9.3.1 Investment Opportunities by Industry
- 9.3.2 Investment Opportunities by Region
- Chart Classification of China Shipbuilding Industry
- Chart Completion of Ships in China, 2006-2016
- Chart Sales Revenue of Shipbuilding Industry, 2012-2016
- Chart Key Policies in China Shipbuilding Industry, 2012-2017
- Chart Completion of Bulk Carriers in China, 2012-2016
- Chart Completion of Container Ships in China, 2012-2016
- Chart Production Volume of Steel Ships for Civil Use in China, 2012-2016
- Chart Amount of Holding Orders and New Orders in China Shipbuilding Industry, 2012-2016
- Chart Orders of Dry Bulk Carriers in China, 2012-2016
- Chart Constitution of Shipbuilding Industry Chain in China
- Chart Sales Revenue of China Metal Ship building Industry, 2012-2016
- Chart Operation Status of China Shipbuilding Industry Co., Ltd., 2012-2016
- Chart Import Volume and Value of Ships in China, 2012-2016
- Chart Major Sources of Imported Ships in China, 2016
- Chart Price Trend of Shipbuilding Plates in China, 2014-2017
- Chart Export Volume of Ships in China, 2012-2016
- Chart Export Value of Ships in China, 2012-2016
- Chart Forecast on Completion of Ships in China, 2017-2021
- Chart Forecast on Market Size of China Shipbuilding Industry, 2017-2021