Product Code: 1702448
According to applications, the demand of tires can be classified into OEM demand in vehicle manufacturing and replacement demand in automobile after-market. In developed countries, due to the high market saturation in automobile market, the sales of tire are mainly from after-market. According to CRI, in 2016, the production volume of tires was about 1.71 billion in the global market, increasing slightly compared to 2015. It is estimated that from 2017 to 2021, the CAGR of global tire production volume will remain at 1% and emerging markets become growth drivers.
Since 2000, China's automobile industry has been developing fast. From 2009 to 2016, China was the world's largest automobile manufacturer and the largest sales market for 8 years. Meanwhile, China was also the world's largest producer and exporter of tires. In 2016, the production volume in China reached 946.98 million, up by 2.36% YOY. With the increasing production volume and reserve volume of automobiles, the demand for tires is rising in China's domestic market. Because of huge cost advantages of Chinese tires, since 2000, the export of tires also presented an upward trend in China. In 2016, the export of automobile tires in China was 468.48 million, up by 5.4% YOY. Due to increased export volume of Chinese tires, many Chinese tire enterprises are confronted with trade disputes such as anti-dumping investigation. However, in general, the export volume still presents a rising trend because of huge cost advantages.
China has established an integrated industry chain of tire. In China, except for natural rubber which mainly relies on import, other raw materials of tire such as synthetic rubber, steel cord and carbon black can be produced by a great number of manufacturers in China. Chinese enterprises are also strong in producing tire molds and manufacturing machines.
Attracted by low production cost and huge market demand of the tire industry in China, major multinational tire enterprises have entered the Chinese market and regard China as the key global production base. At present, over half of China tire market is occupied by foreign-funded enterprises. Besides, foreign-funded enterprises dominate the high-end market in China. The profit margin of them is twice or even more than twice that of Chinese enterprises.
According to incomplete statistics by CRI, by the end of 2016, the number of tire manufacturers had been over 550 in China. Most of the domestic tire enterprises are characterized by a small size and weak strength. With the development of the economy and the capital market in China, Chinese enterprises have started to make overseas acquisitions of tire enterprises.
Chinese automobile industry develops rapidly after joining WTO, which promotes the development of the automobile tire industry. In 2016, the production volume of automobiles was 28.119 million, up by 14.5% YOY. The sales volume was 28.028 million, up by 13.7% YOY. Meanwhile, the automobile reserves are also increasing. By the end of 2016, civil automobile reserves reached 194 million, a huge contrast against the number of 24 million in 2003. The increased production volume and reserve volume of automobiles in China stimulate the demand for automobile tires.
Although China has become the world's largest automobile market for 6 years since 2008, car ownership per capita remains at a low level. In 2016, the automobile reserves were only 140 per thousand, far lower than the 600 to 800 per thousand in developed countries. It is estimated that in the next few years, China's annual economic growth will remain at over 6%. The production and sales volume will grow at about 5% a year. Additionally, the market demand for tires will keep rising. In China, the demand for replacement tires in automobile after-market will take up a larger proportion in the tire market.
Due to integrated upstream and downstream industry chains and low environmental expenses, China's tire industry possesses huge advantages compared to other developing countries, such as India. CRI has analyzed that in the next few years, the domestic demand and export of China's tire industry will continue to rise. Currently, though China's tire enterprises are faced with problems including higher environmental requirements, overcapacity and increasing labor cost, there is still much room for development. Chinese government's support also indicates good prospects for the development of China's tire industry.
Readers can obtain the following information or more through this report:
- Overview of Global Tire Industry, 2012-2016
- Analysis on Development Environment of Tire Industry
- Analysis on Production and Demand in China Tire Industry, 2012- 2016
- Analysis on Major Raw Materials of China Tire Industry
- Competition Status of China Tire Industry
- Analysis of Major Foreign-funded and Domestic Tire Manufacturers in China
- Analysis on Import and Export of Tire in China
- Trade Barriers against Tires Exported from China
- Favorable and Unfavorable Factors in China Tire Industry, 2017-2021
- Forecast on Supply and Demand of China Tire Industry, 2017-2021
- Investment Opportunities in China Tire Industry
Table of Contents
1. Research Scope
- 1.1. Definition and Classification of Tires
- 1.1.1. Tire Definition
- 1.1.2. Classification of Tires
- 1.2. Overview of Global Tire Industry, 2012-2016
- 1.2.1. Global Tire Supply, 2012-2016
- 1.2.2. Global Tire Demand, 2012-2016
2. Development Environment of China Tire Industry, 2016- 2017
- 2.1. Economic Environment
- 2.1.1. Analysis of Global Economic Environment and Automobile Industry
- 2.1.2. Development Status of Chinese Economy and Automobile Industry
- 2.2. Policy Environment
- 2.2.1. Policy Environment in China
- 2.2.2. Trade Barriers against Tires Exported from China
- 2.3. Overview of Upstream Industries of China Tire Industry
- 2.3.1. Tire Mold
- 2.3.2. Carbon Black
- 2.3.3. Natural Rubber and Synthetic Rubber
- 2.3.4. Steel Cord
- 2.4. Overview of Downstream Industries of China Tire Industry
- 2.4.1. Automobile
- 2.4.2. Engineering Machinery
- 2.4.3. Aviation
3. Analysis of Supply in China Tire Industry, 2012-2016
- 3.1. Supply Status
- 3.1.1. Production Capacity of Tires
- 3.1.2. Output Volume of Tires
- 3.1.2. Production Status of Radial Tires
- 3.2. Competition Status of China Tire Industry
- 3.2.1. Barriers to Entry and Exit
- 3.2.2. Competitions between Foreign-funded Enterprises and Local Enterprises in
- 3.2.3. Competition Status of Segmented Products
- 3.3. Investment Status in China Tire Industry, 2012- 2017
- 3.3.1. Analysis on Local Tire Enterprises in China
- 3.3.2. Investment Status of Foreign-funded Tire Enterprises in China
- 3.3.3. Investment Status of Industries Related to Tires in China
- 3.3.4. Overseas Mergers & Acquisitions of Tire Enterprise in China
4. Analysis on Demand for Tire in China, 2012-2016
- 4.1. Overview of Tire Demand in China, 2012-206
- 4.1.1. Overview of Demand
- 4.1.2. Segmented Demand for Tire in China
- 4.2. Analysis of Demand for OEM in China, 2012-2016
4. 2.1. Overview
- 4.3. Demand for Tires in Automobile After-sales Market in China, 2012- 2016
- 4.3.1. Overview
- 4.3.2. Demand Volume
5. Analysis and Forecast on Import and Export of Tires in China, 2012-2021
- 5.1. Export of Tires in China, 2012-2016
- 5.1.1. Export Overview of Tire in China
- 5.1.2. Major Export Markets of Tires from China, 2014-2016
- 5.1.3. Forecast on Export of Tires from China, 2017-2021
- 5.2. Tire Import
- 5.2.1. Import Overview
- 5.2.2. Major Import Sources of Tires in China, 2014-2016
- 5.2.3. Analysis on Major Import Varieties of Tire in China
- 5.2.4. Forecast on Import of Tires in China, 2017- 2021
- 5.3. International Trade Barriers against Tire Export from China
- 5.3.1. Anti-dumping
- 5.3.2. Technological Barriers
- 5.3.3. Other Barriers
6. Major Multinational Enterprises in China Tire Market and Their Operation Status, 2012-2016
- 6.1. Bridgestone
- 6.1.1. Enterprise Profile
- 6.1.2. Operation Status of Bridgestone in China Tire Market
- 6.1.3. Development Strategies of Bridgestone in China Tire Market
- 6.2. Michelin
- 6.2.1. Enterprise Profile
- 6.2.2. Operation Status of Michelin in China Tire Market
- 6.2.3. Development Strategies of Michelin in China Tire Market
(The structures of 6.3- 6.12. are similar to those of 6.1-6.2)
- 6.3. Goodyear
- 6.4. Continental AG
- 6.5. Pirelli
- 6.6. Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd.
- 6.7. YOKOHAMA
- 6.8. Hankook Tires
- 6.9. Cheng Shin Rubber
- 6.10. Cooper Tires
- 6.11. Kumho Tire
- 6.12. Giti Tire Co., Ltd
7. Analysis on Major Domestic Enterprises in China Tire Market, 2012-2016
- 7.1. Zhongce Rubber Co., Ltd.
- 7.1.1. Enterprise Profile
- 7.1.2. Operation Status
- 7.1.3. Advantages and Development Strategies
- 7.2. Triangle Tyre Co., Ltd.
- 7.2.1. Enterprise Profile
- 7.2.2. Operation Status
- 7.2.3. Advantages and Development Strategies
(The structures of 7.3-7.10. are similar to those of 7.1-7.2)
- 7.3. Shandong Linglong Rubber Co., Ltd.
- 7.4. Aeolus Tyre Co., Ltd.
- 7.5. Double Coin Holdings Ltd.
- 7.6. Qingdao Doublestar Tire Co., Ltd.
- 7.7. Shandong JINYU Tire Co., Ltd.
- 7.8. Sailun Jinyu Co., Ltd.
- 7.9. Guizhou Tyre Co., Ltd.
- 7.10. Jiangsu General Science Technology Co., Ltd.
8. Forecast on Development and Investment of China Tire Industry, 2017- 2021
- 8.1. Factors Influencing Development of China Tire Industry, 2017-2021
- 8.1.1. Major Driving Forces and Market Opportunities in China Tire Industry
- 8.1.2. Risks and Challenges in Tire Industry in China
- 8.2. Forecast on Supply of Tire in China, 2017-2021
- 8.2.1. Forecast on Production Capacity
- 8.2.2. Forecast on Production Volume
- 8.3. Forecast on Demand of China Tire Industry, 2017-2021
- 8.3.1. Forecast on Overall Demand
- 8.3.2. Forecast on Demand in Segmented Markets
- 8.4. Forecast on Investment Opportunities in China Tire Industry, 2017-2021
- 8.5. Recommendations on Development and Investment
- Chart Production Volume of Tires in Global Market, 2012-2016
- Chart Scale of the Global Tire Market, 2012-2016
- Chart China's GDP, 2012- 2016
- Chart Some Trade Barriers in Tire Export from China, 2012-2017
- Chart Production Volume and Sales Volume of Automobiles in China, 2006-2016
- Chart Reserve of Civil Automobiles in China, 2006-2016
- Chart Production Volume of Tires in China, 2006-2016
- Chart Sales Revenue of Tire Manufacturers in China, 2012-2016
- Chart Output Volume of China Radial Tires, 2012- 2016
- Chart Major Newly-built Projects Concerning Tire Manufacturing in China, 2016-2017
- Chart Demand Volume of Automobile Tires in China, 2012-2016
- Chart Demand Volume of Tires in Automobile OEM Market in China, 2012-2016
- Chart Demand for Tire in China Automobile Aftermarket, 2012-2016
- Chart Export Volume and Export Value of Tires in China, 2012-2016
- Chart Top 20 Export Destinations of Tires from China, 2016
- Chart Top 20 Export Destinations of Radial Tires in China, 2016
- Chart Import Status of Tires in China, 2012-2016
- Chart Major Import Sources of Tires in China, 2016
- Chart Production Volume of Tires in Hangzhou Zhongce Rubber Co., Ltd, 2012-2016
- Chart Sales Revenue of Tires in Hangzhou Zhongce Rubber Co., Ltd, 2012-2016
- Chart Operation Status of Sailun Jinyu Co., Ltd., 2012-2016
- Chart Production Volume of Tires in Sailun Jinyu Co., Ltd., 2012-2016
- Chart Forecast on Production Volume of Radial Tires in China, 2017-2021
- Chart Forecast on Production Volume of Radial Tires in China, 2017-2021
- Chart Forecast on Market Size of Tires in China, 2017-2021