Melamine industry hot topics in 2013-2014:
- Overcapacity is becoming the biggest problem of melamine industry and capacity utilization is generally low. In recent years, the domestic production of melamine gained a rapid expansion. Especially the capacity expansion of melamine was nearly doubled from 2008 to 2014. Due to technological process and other reasons, China's melamine industry capacity utilization is generally only about 50%. With the rapid expansion in recent years, melamine's capacity utilization continues to be lower.
- In December 2014, United States Department of Commerce issued an announcement that they would initiate anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigations on the imported melamine originated in China during 2013. If it is identified as dumping, then the dumping preliminary arbitration of United States Department of Commerce will be put out around 21 April, 2015.
China's melamine industry had witnessed booming development before 2008. However, after global financial crisis broke out at the end of 2008, its development has slowed down from 2008 to 2009. Thanks to China's stimulus policies and slow recovery of global economy, it has recovered in 2010-2014. As the largest exporter and important consumer of melamine around the world, China will enjoy promising prospect in the long run.
China's melamine industry has changed a lot in the past decade, both in production and consumption. Thanks to technological improvement and more strictly regulations from Chinese government in melamine production, China's melamine production is becoming more and more concentrated and powerful, along with the launch of more large scale melamine installations.
China is playing more and more important role in global melamine market, with melamine export volume increasing. What are the changes in melamine export and import in China from 2010 to 2014, and what is the impact from global financial crisis on it?
As to consumption, though the end use segments of melamine are still concentrated in laminate industry, coatings, papermaking, textile and leather, molded plastics, water-reducing admixture, flame retardants in China, its consumption structure has changed a little. What has happened in the past four years?
In a word, the competition in China's melamine industry will be more intense and complex in the future. Therefore, it is necessary to show the truth to penetrate into China's melamine market. In this intelligence report, it will disclose these changes in China's melamine industry from 2010 to 2014 and figure out its feature of future prospect.
Meanwhile, the following hot points in China's melamine industry are also covered:
- Governmental policies on Chinese melamine production
- Price of melamine and its influencing factors, 2010~2014
- Major end use sectors of melamine in China, 2014
- Production technology of melamine in China
- Competitive landscape in Chinese melamine industry
- Future forecast on melamine industry in China, 2015~2019
- Introduction to the important melamine producers, including active, potential and stopped ones in China
Table of Contents
1. Production and market information
- 1-1. Production of melamine before 2014
- 1-2. Production of melamine in 2014
- 1-2-1. Summary of Chinese producers
- 1-2-2. Summary of production
- 1-2-3. Governmental policies on Chinese melamine production
- 1-2-4. Special findings on Chinese melamine production
- 1-2-4-1. Urea producers extend industrial chain
- 1-2-4-2. Underutilization of capacity
- 1-3. Import and export analysis of melamine in China, 2010-2014
- 1-3-1. Export rebate rate of melamine
- 1-3-2. Import & export situation of melamine, 2012~2014
- 1-3-3. Import & export analysis of melamine, 2014
- 1-3-3-1. Import analysis
- 1-3-3-2. Export analysis
- 1-4. Price of melamine and its influencing factors
- 1-4-1. Influencing factors
- 1-4-1-1. Raw materials
- 1-4-1-2. Export
- 1-4-1-3. Inflation
- 1-4-1-4. RMB appreciation
- 1-4-2. Price, 2010~2014
- 1-5. Brief introduction to supply situation of urea
- 1-6. Consumption of melamine in China
- 1-6-1. Consumption by quantity, 2010~2014
- 1-6-2. Consumption by geological locations, 2014
- 1-6-3. Consumption by end use sectors, 2010~2014
- 1-6-4. Brief introduction to major end use segments of melamine in China
- 1-6-4-1. Laminate industry
- 1-6-4-2. Coatings
- 1-6-4-3. Papermaking, textile and leather
- 1-6-4-4. Molded plastics
- 1-6-4-5. Water-reducing admixture
- 1-6-4-6. Flame retardants
- 1-6-4-7. Others
- 1-7. Brief introduction to production technology of melamine in China
- 1-8. Competitive landscape in Chinese melamine industry
- 1-9. Future forecast on melamine industry in China
- 1-9-1. Driving forces and barrier influencing future development of melamine industry
- 1-9-1-1. Driving force
- 1-9-1-1-1. Downstream demand
- 1-9-1-1-2. Technological improvement
- 1-9-1-1-3. Increasing industry barrier for new entrant
- 1-9-1-2. Barrier
- 1-9-1-2-1. Anti-dumping from overseas countries
- 1-9-1-2-2. Small production scale, low operation rate and lagged technology
- 1-9-2. Forecast on melamine production and consumption, 2015~2019
- 1-9-2-1. Production forecast
- 1-9-2-2. Consumption forecast
- 1-10. Conclusion and opportunities
- 1-10-1. Conclusion
- 1-10-2. Opportunities
- 2-1. Informations about some end users in China
- 2-2. Profiles of major melamine producers in China
- 2-2-1. Major active producers of melamine
- 2-2-1-1. Sichuan Golden Elephant Chemical Industry Group
- 2-2-1-2. Henan Haohua-Junhua Group Co., Ltd.
- 2-2-1-3. Shandong Shuntian Chemical Group Co., Ltd.
- 2-2-1-4. Holitech Science Stock Co., Ltd.
- 2-2-1-5. Sichuan Chemical Industry Holding (Group) Co., Ltd.
- 2-2-1-6. Henan Jinshan Chemical Group
- 2-2-1-7. Luxi Chemical Group Co., Ltd.
- 2-2-1-8. Anhui Jinhe Industrial Co., Ltd.
- 2-2-1-9. Shandong Sanhe Chemical Co., Ltd.
- 2-2-1-10. Zhongyuan Dahua Co. of Henan Coal & Chemical Industry Corporation
- 2-2-1-11. Hebei Xinji Jiuyuan Chemical Co., Ltd.
- 2-2-1-12. Shanxi Yangmei Fengxi Fertilizer Industry (Group) Co., Ltd.
- 2-2-1-13. Chengdu Yulong Chemical Co., Ltd.
- 2-2-1-14. CNPC Urumqi Petroleum Chemical General Factory
- 2-2-1-15. Tianjin Kaiwei Group
- 2-2-2. Stopped producers
- 2-2-2-1. Shandong Haihua Company Limited
- 2-2-3. Potential producers
- 2-2-3-1. Anhui Sunson Chemical Co., Ltd.
List of Tables:
- Table 1.2.1-1: Summary of top 26 melamine producers in China, 2014
- Table 1.2.1-2: Summary of melamine technologies for top 26 melamine producers in China, 2014
- Table 1.2.1-3: Summary of technology and raw material for top 26 melamine producers in China, 2014
- Table 1.2.2-1: Distribution of melamine production in each region in China, 2014
- Table 1.2.2-2: Production expansion plan of current and potential melamine producers in China, as of March 2015
- Table 1.3-1: Import & export price and volume of melamine in China, 2010-2014
- Table 1.3.1-1: Export rebate rate of melamine in China, 2004~2014
- Table 1.3.2-1: Monthly import volume and average import price of melamine in China, 2012-2014
- Table 1.3.2-2: Monthly melamine export volume and its average export price in China, 2012-2014
- Table 18.104.22.168-1: Import origins of melamine in China, 2014
- Table 22.214.171.124-1: Export destinations of melamine in China, 2014
- Table 1.4.2-1: Monthly average price of melamine in China, 2010-2014, USD/t
- Table 1.5-1: Production and consumption situation of urea in China, 2005-2014
- Table 1.5-2: Major producers of urea in China, 2014
- Table 1.6.2-1: Major consumption areas of melamine in China, 2010 and 2014
- Table 1.7-1: Summary of melamine production technology providers in China, 2014
- Table 1.8-1: Competitiveness analysis of China's melamine industry, 2014
- Table 1.8-2: SWOT analysis between Chinese and overseas melamine producers, 2014
- Table 2.1-1: List of melamine of end users in China, March 2015
List of Figures:
- Figure 1.1-1: Production situation of melamine in China, 2001-2014
- Figure 1.2.2-1: Capacity distribution of melamine in China, 2014
- Figure 1.3.2-1: Import and export situation of melamine in China, 2012-2014
- Figure 126.96.36.199-1: Monthly import volume and average import price of melamine in China, 2014
- Figure 188.8.131.52-1: Monthly export volume and average export price of melamine in China, 2014
- Figure 184.108.40.206-1: Market price of urea in China, 2008-2014
- Figure 220.127.116.11-1: Export volume and export percentage of melamine in China, 2009-2014, tonne
- Figure 18.104.22.168-1: Trend of monthly CPI in China, 2010-2014
- Figure 22.214.171.124-1: Trend of RMB exchange rate against USD in China, 2010-2014
- Figure 1.4.2-1: Ex-works price of melamine (≥98%) in China, 2008-2014
- Figure 1.6.1-1: Apparent consumption of melamine in China, 2010-2014
- Figure 1.6.1-2: Rate ((Output - export volume)/Output) changes of melamine in China, 2010~2014
- Figure 1.6.3-1: Consumption pattern of melamine in China, 2014
- Figure 1.6.3-2: Consumption pattern of melamine in China, 2010~2014
- Figure 126.96.36.199-1: Melamine consumption in laminate industry in China, 2010-2014, tonne
- Figure 188.8.131.52-2: Output of timber floor in China, 2008-2014
- Figure 184.108.40.206-1: Melamine consumption in coatings industry in China, 2010-2014, tonne
- Figure 220.127.116.11-1: Melamine consumption in papermaking, textile and leather industries in China, 2010-2014, tonne
- Figure 18.104.22.168-1: Melamine consumption in molded plastics industry in China, 2010-2014, tonne
- Figure 22.214.171.124-1: Melamine consumption in water-reducing admixture in China, 2010-2014, tonne
- Figure 126.96.36.199-1: Melamine consumption in flame retardants industry in China, 2010-2014, tonne
- Figure 188.8.131.52-1: Forecast on the melamine production in China, 2015-2019
- Figure 184.108.40.206-1: Forecast on melamine consumption and its growth rate in China, 2015-2019
- Figure 220.127.116.11-2: Forecast on consumption pattern of melamine in China, 2019