This report introduces a kind of biomaterial, starch-based plastics. CCM mainly focuses on the China's starch-based plastic industry form several aspects including global development, development in China, classification, comparison of different degradable plastics, supply and development suggestions, etc.
Starch-based plastic was firstly developed in western countries in the 1970s. However, it grows more rapidly in china nowadays. As of 2015, the total capacity of starch-based plastic in China is more than 350,000 t/a. As a degradable plastic, starch-based plastic has a great advantage in market price when compared with other degradable plastics such as PLA, PBS, and PHA. However, it's still higher than general-purpose plastics such as PP and PE. Nowadays, the market price of starch-based plastic is about USD 1,805/t.
In 2015, Jillin Province prohibited the production, sale and use of non-degradable plastics. It seems that there is a great development opportunity for degradable plastics and it has made lots of degradable plastic companies expand their capacity. Wuhan Huali Environmental Technology Co., Ltd. has become the largest starch-based plastic manufacturer in China.
In this report,
- You can also know more about the influencing factors of starch-based plastics in China.
- You are able to learn about the major applications of starch-based plastics.
- You can learn more about the company profiles of major manufacturers
Table of Contents
Methodology and introduction
1. Overview of global starch-based plastics industry
2. Development of starch-based plastics in China
3. Different kinds of starch-based plastics
4. Development of degradable plastic industry
- 4-1 China's degradable plastics industry
- 4-2 Comparison of different degradable plastics
5. Capacity of starch-based plastics in China
6. Application of starch-based plastics
7. Influencing factors and suggestions for China's starch-based plastics industry
8. Main starch-based plastics manufacturers in China
- 8-1 Wuhan Huali Environmental Technology Co., Ltd.
- 8-2 Zhejang Wafa Ecosystem Science and Technology Co., Ltd.
- 8-3 Zhejang Tianhe Environmental Technology Co., Ltd.
- 8-4 Suzhou Hanfeng New Material Co., Ltd.
- 8-5 Biograde (Nanjing)Pty Limited
- 8-6 Tianjin Eco-aware Technology Co., Ltd.
- 8-7 Guangdong Shangjiu Biodegradable Plastics Co., Ltd.
- 8-8 Chengdu New Keli Chemical Science Co., Ltd.
List of tables
- Table 1-1 Major global manufacturers of starch-based plastics
- Table 3-1 Comparison of different kinds of starch-based plastics
- Table 4.1-1 Classification of biodegradable and non-biodegradable plastics
- Table 4.2-1 Raw materials, prices and key manufacturers of different degradable plastics
- Table 5-1 Major producers of starch-based plastics in China, 2015
- Table 6-1 Comparison of different kinds of starch-based plastics in Agricultural film application
List of figures
- Figure 4.1-1 Capacity proportion of major degradable plastics in China, 2015