Vitamin industry hot topics in 2013 and 2014:
- Supply situation has been playing a dominant role in the performance of China's vitamin industry since 2013, while the weak demand has provided little support for the vitamin market.
- Acquisitions and restructuring have happened frequently in Chinese vitamin industry since 2013, such as DSM acquiring Aland, a leading Chinese vitamin C producer.
- Many manufacturers have started their business transformations, in order to look for new growth points.
- Environmental protection is playing an increasingly important role in the Chinese vitamin industry, and environmental dynamics have frequently impacted the vitamin market in 2013 and 2014.
Purpose of report:
Production, price changes of China's vitamins, dynamics of leading manufacturers, and environmental issues will be analyzed in this report, in order to clearly describe and better understand the status and future trend of China's vitamin industry.
What to report:
- An overview of China's vitamin production, 2011-2013;
- Price changes of China's vitamins, 2011-Sept. 2014;
- Dynamics of leading vitamin manufacturers including acquisitions, restructurings, and business transformations, 2013 and 2014;
- Environmental issues and policies and their impacts on the vitamin market;
Leading manufacturers are hopeful to improve their competiveness through acquisitions, restructurings, and business transformations. Besides, the increasing environmental cost of vitamin manufacturers will lead to the elimination of some small manufacturers, and therefore increase the industrial concentration.
Table of Contents
2. Supply is the main driving force of vitamin market
- 2-1. Supply overview
- 2-2. Export overview
3. Acquisitions and restructurings occur frequently
4. Business transformation develops new growth points
- 4-1. End business
- 4-2. Product upgrading
5. Policy on environmental protection being reinforced
- 5-1. Environmental issues directly impact vitamin market
- 5-2. Environmental policy tightening
List of Tables:
- Table 2.1-1: Some new vitamin projects in China, in 2014
- Table 2.2-1: Export of vitamins in China, 2010-H1 2014
- Table 3-1: Manufacturers of vitamin C in China, 2013
- Table 5.2-1: Some environmental policies released or to be released since 2013
List of Figures:
- Figure 2.1-1: Output value of vitamins in China, 2011-2013, million USD
- Figure 2.1-2: Output growth of China's vitamins in 2013 over 2011
- Figure 2.1-3: Output shares of top3 vitamin producers in China, 2011-2013
- Figure 2.1-4: Price trend of vitamins in China, Jan. 2011-Sept. 2014
- Figure 2.1-5: Price growth and fluctuation of vitamin prices in China, 2011-2013
- Figure 2.1-6: Price growth of vitamins in China, Jan.-Sept. 2014
- Figure 2.2-1: Top 10 export destinations of vitamins in China, calculated by volume, 2013
- Figure 2.2-2: Top 10 export destinations of vitamins in China, calculated by value, 2013
- Figure 2.2-3: Export pattern of vitamins in China, 2010-H1 2014
- Figure 3-1: Guangji Pharmaceutical's performance, 2011-H1 2014
- Figure 3-2: Performance of Brother Enterprises' VB1 business, 2011-H1 2014
- Figure 3-3: Revenue of Kingdomway by product and by region, 2012-H1 2014
- Figure 5.1-1: Market price of vitamin B1 (98% feed grade) in China, Jan. 2013-Sept. 2014
- Figure 5.1-2: Market price of vitamin B9 (98% feed grade) in China, Jan. 2013-Sept. 2014