Product Code: CG0191MR
The market for cigarettes in Taiwan has entered a difficult period. Volumes have been falling annually since 2009 on the back of tighter restrictions, rising prices and the growing profile of contraband. Whilethere is evidence that sales stagnated in 2014 with only a small reduction forecast, it is probable that thesector is set to see further decline over the coming decade.
- The Taiwanese economy is performing well, having recovered strongly from the recent global downturn. GDP expanded by 2.1% in 2013 and by 3.5% in 2014. GDP growth is set to remain buoyant for the period 2015-2018 rising by 3.8% in 2015 and helped by a good trade surplus.
- PMI, Bulgartabac and KTandG are other competitors of note. PMI had a share of 6.6% in 2013. Bulgartabac has been active since 2010 while KTandG is growing its presence with its Tonino Lamborghini brand being launched in 2013. Together others took 1.0% of sales in 2013.
- Over the period to 2013-2023, a combination of gradual population growth and a gradual decline in the prevalence of smoking is expected to lead to the cigarette market falling back slightly, with overall volumes falling by 8.3%.
"Cigarettes in Taiwan", is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Taiwan market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2023.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers and Brands
5. Taxation and Retail Prices
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production and Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
8. Operating Constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings
- 8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects and Forecasts
- 11.1. What is this Report About?
- 11.2. Time Frame
- 11.3. Product Category Coverage
- 11.4. Methodology
- 11.5. About ERC - a division of Canadean
- 11.6. Disclaimer
List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
- Table 2: Duty Paid and Non-Duty Paid Sales, 2008-2013
- Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
- Table 4: Market Breakdown, Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2013
- Table 5: Market Segmentation by Price Segment, 2009-2014
- Table 6: Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2014
- Table 7: Brand Family Shares, 2002-2014
- Table 8: Smoking Population, 1990-2013
- Table 9: Smoking Population by Age, 1996 and 1998
- Table 10: Incidence of Smoking by Age and Sex, 2006
- Table 11: Number of Cigarettes Smoked Per Day, 2004-2007
- Table 12: Characteristics of the Smoking Population, 2000-2003
- Table 13: Smoking Amongst Junior High School Students, 2004-2013
- Table 14: Smoking Amongst Senior and Vocational High School Students, 2005-2013
- Table 15: Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
- Table 16: Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
- Table 17: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2013
- Table 18: Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
- Table 19: Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2013
- Table 20: Consumption Forecasts to 2023