Product Code: CG0180MR
No tax increases may be imposed in the 2015 budget, buttobacco control and anti-smoking campaigners continue to push for further increases, citing thecomparatively low tax burden, with taxes still only forming about 70.0% of prices.With a large menthol segment, the market has attracted some innovative introductions and can beexpected to continue to do so as the Hong Kong market is a sounding board and trend setter for mainlandChina.
- Compared to independent figures of 8.3% - 14.0% in 2012, the tobacco industry puts the non-duty paid market as high as 41.0% in 2013. Volumes, regardless of which source is quoted, are clearly a problem. Tax increases such as that in 2014 are not going to bring about a reduction in the profile of this sector.
- PMI's share grew further in the full year 2011, reaching 55.8%, increased to 57.6% in 2012, with a 58.0% share estimated for 2013. PMI is predicted to achieve 58.2% of volume sales by the end of 2014.
- The 11.7% increase in excise duty in early 2014 is set to see domestic sales drop 12.3% following a period of recovery in the wake of the last major tax hike in 2011. Any further tax rises will cause volumes to fall back again but there may be intervals when taxes and prices are held again as previously.
"Cigarettes in Hong Kong", is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Hong Kong market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2023.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
<>2. Market Size
<>3. Market Structure
<>4. Manufacturers and Brands
5. Taxation and Retail Prices
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
<>6. The Smoking Population
7. Production and Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
8. Operating Constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings
- 8.3. Other Restrictions
<>9. Company Profiles
<>10. Prospects and Forecasts
- 11.1. What is this Report About?
- 11.2. Time Frame
- 11.3. Product Category Coverage
- 11.4. Methodology
- 11.5. About ERC - a division of Canadean
- 11.6. Disclaimer
List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
- Table 2: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
- Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
- Table 4: Tar and Nicotine Yields by Brand, 2014
- Table 5: Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2014
- Table 6: Rates of Duty on Manufactured Cigarettes, 1987-2015
- Table 7: Hong Kong: Government Revenues and Tax Loses, 2012/13-2013/14
- Table 8: Retail Prices, March 2009
- Table 9: Typical Price of Packet of 20 Cigarettes, 1990-2012
- Table 10: Smoking Population, 1990-2014
- Table 11: Smoking Prevalence Among Adults (15 Years and Over), 1982-2012
- Table 12: The Incidence of Smoking by Age (Adults), 1990-2012
- Table 13: The Incidence of Smoking Among Adult Males by Age, 1990-2012
- Table 14: The Incidence of Smoking Among Adult Females by Age, 1990-2012
- Table 15: Daily Consumption Levels by Regular Smokers, 1990-2012
- Table 16: Cigarette Production, 1990-2014
- Table 17: Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2014
- Table 18: Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, 2000-2014
- Table 19: Net Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2014
- Table 20: Cigarette Exports (Including Re-Exports), 1990-2014
- Table 21: Domestic Cigarette Exports (Excluding Re-Exports), 1990-2014
- Table 22: Domestic Exports of Cigarettes by Country of Destination, 2000-2014
- Table 23: Cigarette Re-Exports, 1990-2014
- Table 24: Cigarette Re-Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2014
- Table 25: Consumption Forecasts to 2023