Product Code: CG0179MR
The Chinese cigarette market appears set to continue growing in the medium term although the rate of growth is expected to be slower than that experienced during the past few years with a slowdown alreadyapparent in the last two years.The more stringent advertising and marketing restrictions recently introduced and a strict enforcement of
the advertising ban will inevitably make it even more difficult for international producers to develop theirpositions in China.However, volumes will riseas Chinese cigarette manufacturers improve their distribution channels abroad.
- China is the world's largest producer of cigarettes; output being around two and a half times that of the USA. Production of cigarettes is reported to have increased by a further 1.9% in2014 and has now risen for the fifteenth consecutive year.
- The average per capita consumption level is estimated to have declined from 1990 to 2001 but since then, annual per capita consumption rates have been steadily rising again, till 2014. Growth in per capita consumption terms is nearly double that of population growth, with per capita consumption rates now 34.7% above 1990 levels and 43.3% up since 2000.
- In the ten months to October 2013 sales of China's key brands rose by 78.5%. Of the 15 key brands, the first three grades rose by 9.9%, equal to 59.2% of the total tobacco market: an increase of 4.6% points over the previous year. The impact of shifts in government policy can have a profound effect on the development of the market in China.
"Cigarettes in China",is ananalytical report by Canadean which providesextensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Chinese market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2023.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturersand Brands
5. Taxationand Retail Prices
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
6. The SmokingPopulation
7. Productionand Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
8. Operating Constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings
- 8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Prospectsand Forecasts
- 10.1. What is this Report About?
- 10.2. Time Frame
- 10.3. Product Category Coverage
- 10.4. Methodology
- 10.5. About ERC - a division of Canadean
- 10.6. Disclaimer
List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
- Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
- Table 3: Duty and Non-Duty Paid Consumption, 1992-2014
- Table 4: Market Breakdown: Local Manufacture of Cigarettes v Imports, 2000-2014
- Table 5: Sales by Class of Cigarette, 1996-2001
- Table 6: Cigarette Sales by Grade, January 2007 and 2008
- Table 7: Cigarette Sales by Grade, 2012-2014
- Table 8: Low Tar Cigarettes, 2007-2014
- Table 9: Leading Chinese Tobacco Corporation by Turnover, 2010 and 2011
- Table 10: Domestic Sales by Chinese Tobacco Corporations, 2011-2013
- Table 11: China: Leading Brand Volumes, 2009-2013
- Table 12: Leading Chinese Cigarette Manufacturers and Brands, 2015
- Table 13: Retail Prices of Leading Brands, 2015
- Table 14: Smoking Population, 1990-2013
- Table 15: Cigarette Production, 1990-2014
- Table 16: Cigarette Production Trends by Province, 1990, 2000-2013
- Table 17: Official Cigarette Imports, 1990-2014
- Table 18: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2014
- Table 19: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2014
- Table 20: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2014
- Table 21: Consumption Forecasts to 2023