Product Code: FD0040IS
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Russian Confectionery Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product development that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
- Russian consumers most often look to treat themselves with Confectionery. Rising spending power means manufacturers should offer consumers even more indulgent products.
- Russian consumers remain cost-conscious and continue to demand value Confectionery products.
- Confectionery manufacturers will need to increasingly respond to age and health concerns: Older Consumers will become an increasingly important consumer group for Chocolate manufacturers, while Russians are increasingly concerned about their health.
- Confectionery consumption in Russia is highest among women and older consumers.
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Russian Confectionery Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Russian Confectionery market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and genders consume Confectionery, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
- Market value and volumes over 2008-2018 for Russia and nine other countries to give a global context.
- The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Confectionery consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of consumers will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
- Examples of international and Russia-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Russian Confectionery consumers. This is based on Canadean's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Confectionery sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Table of Contents
- Category classification and demographic definitions
- Summary methodology
- Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
- The Russian Confectionery market is driven by a desire for fun, indulgent, and affordable products
- The Russian Confectionery market, currently valued at RUB441.4 billion, will witness high growth
- The Chocolate category accounts for the highest share of all volume sold in the Russian Confectionery market
- There were 24.4 billion Confectionery occasions in Russia with consumption highest among women and older consumers
- Russia leads the Confectionery market in terms of value among the BRIC nations
- The Russian Confectionery market is fourth largest in volume terms globally
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
- Russian women consume more Confectionery than their male counterparts
- Older consumers are primarily under-consuming in the Russian Confectionery market while Older Young Adults continue to over-consume
- Russian women are 'heavy frequency' consumers of Confectionery products
- Russians across all age groups eat Confectionery at a heavy frequency
Consumer trend analysis
- Indulgence and a desire to seek Better Value for Money are the key motivations for choosing Confectionery in Russia
- Comparing Consumer Trends' influence on consumption of Confectionery products across major markets
- The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: The evolving needs of different age groups is driving Confectionery consumption in Russia
- The Connectivity mega-trend: Technology Uptake has marginal influence on creating a 'connection' between consumers and the products they choose
- The Convenience mega-trend: The Busy Lives of consumers has a limited role in differentiating products
- The Ethics mega-trend: Ethical concerns have minimal impact on the consumption of Confectionery in Russia
- The Experience and Enjoyment mega-trend: A desire for Indulgence is the leading driver in the Russian Confectionery market
- The Health and Wellness mega-trend: Health concerns have a significant impact on the consumption of Confectionery products
- The Individuality mega-trend: Russian consumers look to Confectionery to provide moments of relaxation and me-time
- The Trust mega-trend: Few Russian consumers are concerned by a Confectionery product's trustworthiness
- The Value mega-trend: Consumers seek better value for money in their regularly consumed Confectionery products
- Manufacturers of Confectionery are innovating across categories to target the growing needs of Russian consumers
- Global innovations on formulation and packaging can be a source of inspiration for Russian manufacturers
- Rising spending power means manufacturers should offer consumers even more indulgent products
- However, manufacturers will need to increasingly respond to age and health concerns
- An explanation of the sub-trends
- Detailed methodology
- About Canadean