Product Code: CS1496MF
This report provides a concise overview of the Soft Drinks market in the UK. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
- Large modern retail formats such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets continue to constitute a major share of the retail space, followed by Convenience stores, Traditional Stores, and Specialist Beverage Retailers.
- Older consumers, those aged 55 and over, constitute a quarter of the consumption for both men and women, indicating an opportunity for healthy product lines
- The most important motivation is the search for Better Value for Money, followed by Changing Lifestages as an aging population and altering age group dynamics is changing soft drinks consumption habits
- Consumers' inclination to buy low calorie, less sugar or no-sugar products continues to impact their choice of Soft Drinks. Furthermore, "natural" claims and products containing anti-oxidants are the other important tags that consumers look for before making a purchase.
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the UK's Soft Drinks sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across 12 Soft Drinks categories and their packaging.
In particular, this report includes:
- Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Soft Drinks sector.
- Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of three Soft Drinks categories.
- The report quantifies the degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Soft Drink consumption volumes
- Market shares are provided for the leading brands across Soft Drinks categories
- An overview of packaging trends in the UK Soft Drinks sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together Canadean's market, consumer and packaging research to highlight the best opportunities in the Soft Drinks market in the UK. This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the UK Soft Drinks sector allows new entrants and established players to gain a rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market, and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
Table of Contents
- The UK's population is aging and becoming increasingly health conscious
- Large Modern retail formats continue to lead Soft Drinks sales in the UK
- Carbonates dominate on-premise sales, but are facing greater competition in off-premise channels
- Consumers are trying new products and concepts to replicate the experience of restaurants and pubs, as they cut back on out-of-home leisure
Soft Drinks Sector Dynamics
- Rising raw material prices will limit growth in the Soft Drinks sector, with product innovation key to growing above the sector average
- Energy Drinks are rapidly increasing their share of the UK Soft Drinks market
- Soft Drinks Category Dynamics and Opportunities
- Private Label brands are exploring new varieties and premium product ranges in the Soft Drinks sector
- The transition from a “Cheap” to a “Better Value for Money” preposition will continue to drive the growth of Private Labels
- Key brands by category
- The high volume of Carbonates and Juice consumed in the UK is creating strong demand for Rigid Plastic and Rigid Metal packaging
- Packaging innovation is centered around providing convenience for on-the-go consumption
- The older population is driving the consumption of Soft Drinks in the UK
- Most British consumers drink Soft Drinks at a medium frequency, that is one to two times a day
- Most often, consumers are looking for the Soft Drinks that offer the best value for money
- The search for value for money and consumer's lifestyles are driving the Soft Drinks market in the UK
- Treating yourself and creating moments of “me-time” are additional consumer motivations marketers need to target
Future Outlook - Key trends in the UK's Soft Drinks sector
- Health and age-specific needs will become increasingly important in the UK Soft Drinks market, despite their current limited influence
Data Appendix and Summary Methodology
- Data Appendix
- Market Data: methodology, and category and channel definitions
- Packaging Data: methodology and category definitions
- Consumer Data: methodology, and consumer group and category definitions