Product Code: FD0013IS
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Brazilian Savory Snacks Food Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product developments that effectively target the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
- The Experience and Enjoyment mega-trend: A desire for Fun and Enjoyment is the primary driver of the Brazilian Savory Snacks market.
- Brazil's rapidly shifting population profile is leading to demand for products meeting age-specific needs, with this desire highest in the Nuts and Seeds category.
- Brazil's growing number of working women is driving demand for on-the-go products as snacks and meal replacements.
- With internet penetration rising quickly in Brazil, marketers should have a robust online and social media strategy in place.
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Brazilian Savory Snack Food Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Brazilian market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Savory Snacks, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
- Market value and volumes over 2008-2018 for Brazil and nine other countries to give a global context.
- The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Savory Snacks consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that. Degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
- Examples of international and Brazilian-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Brazilian Savory Snacks consumers. This is based on Canadean's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Savory Snacks sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Table of Contents
- Category classification and demographic definitions
- Summary methodology
- Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
- A desire for low-cost options, fun and indulgent flavors, and convenience is driving Savory Snacks consumption
- The Brazilian Savory Snacks market has a value of BRL6.1 billion with strong growth expected over the next five years
- The Processed Snacks category accounts for the largest share of all volumes sold in the Brazilian Savory Snacks market
- There were 13.1 billion Savory Snacks occasions in Brazil in 2012, with per capita consumption higher amongst Males and Tweens and Early Teens
- Brazil has a higher value Savory Snacks market than some major EU nations
- Despite high per capita occasions, Brazil has the smallest Savory Snacks market in terms of volume amongst the BRIC countries
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
- Brazilian men are over-consuming, indicating the growing popularity of Savory Snacks amongst the large working male population
- Tweens and Early Teens are over-consuming Savory Snacks, while Mid-Lifers under-consume
- Brazilian men are 'heavy frequency' consumers of Savory Snacks
- Older Consumers have the largest share of their Savory Snacks consumption driven by a 'heavy' frequency
Consumer trend analysis
- Brazil's Savory Snack market is driven by a desire for products that offer enjoyment and relaxation, both solo and to accompany social occasions
- Comparing consumer trends influence on consumption of Savory Snacks across major markets
- The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: Brazil's rapidly shifting population profile is leading to demand for products meeting age-specific needs
- The Connectivity mega-trend: Snacks marketed around major upcoming sports events that Brazil is hosting will provide cultural connection
- The Convenience mega-trend: Brazil's rising number of working women is driving demand for on-the-go products as snacks and meal replacements
- The Ethics mega-trend: Brazilian consumers are not highly motivated to select sustainable, organic, or fairtrade snack products
- The Experience and Enjoyment mega-trend: A desire for Fun and Enjoyment is the primary driver of the Brazilian Savory Snacks market
- The Health and Wellness mega-trend: Health is not a primary motivator of Savory Snacks consumption
- The Individuality mega-trend: Consumers look to Popcorn and Potato Chips for relaxing me-time treats
- The Trust mega-trend: Product safety is not a differentiator of Savory Snacks
- The Value mega-trend: Consumers seek better value snacks through low cost offerings as well as those with added benefits
- Manufacturers of Savory Snacks are innovating across categories to target growing needs of the Brazilian consumers
- Global innovations within key trends can be a source of inspiration for Brazilian manufacturers
- Manufacturers are innovating healthy snacks to target the dietary needs of consumers across the globe
- Globally, manufacturers of Savory Snacks are innovating with indulgent, fun products to meet the needs of consumers
- Marketers should target women's busy lives and the emerging Northeast region
- Manufacturers should present fun, sharing options as a treat product for social occasions, increasing emotional engagement with brands
- An explanation of the sub-trends
- Detailed methodology
- About Canadean