Product Code: FD0015IS
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Savory Snacks Food Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product development that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
- Age and life stage specific Savory Snack products are a growing phenomenon in the Chinese Savory Snacks market that support health concerns of different age groups.
- Hectic lives are leading to increased time-scarcity and will continue to influence the Savory Snacks Food consumption in China.
- Consumption of Savory Snack products among Chinese consumers was driven by the pursuit of fun and enjoyment and experience seeking.
- Savory Snack products that have assurances of high quality and trustworthiness will continue to have an influence on consumption behavior.
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Savory Snacks Food Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Chinese market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Savory Snacks, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
- Market value and volumes over 2008-2018 for China and nine other countries to give a global context.
- The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Savory Snacks consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
- Examples of international and China-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Chinese Savory Snacks consumers. This is based on Canadean's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Savory Snacks sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Table of Contents
- Category classification and demographic definitions
- Summary methodology
- Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
- Low-cost options and time-scarcity are factors driving Savory Snacks consumption
- Chinese Savory Snacks market, currently valued at CNY60.3 billion, will witness high growth in the next five years
- The Processed Snacks category accounts for the highest share of all volume sold in the Chinese Savory Snacks market
- There was 52.5 billion Savory Snacks occasions in China in 2012, with consumption higher amongst women and Pre-mid-lifers
- The Chinese Savory Snacks market leads the BRIC nations in terms of volume and value sales
- China remains one of the fastest growing Savory Snack markets globally in terms of volume
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
- Chinese women are over-consuming in the Savory Snacks market
- Older consumers are under-consuming in the Chinese Savory Snacks market owing to health concerns
- Chinese Males are 'heavy frequency' consumers of Savory Snacks
- Kid and Babies are 'heavy frequency' consumers of Savory Snacks
Consumer trend analysis
- Quality Seeking is one of the key factors influencing the consumption of Savory Snacks in China
- Comparing consumer trends influence on the consumption of Savory Snacks across major markets
- The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: Savory Snacks consumption is driven by the Changing Life stage needs of consumers
- The Connectivity mega-trend: A desire for Connection is driving consumption, particularly in Ethnic and Traditional Snacks
- The Convenience mega-trend: Busy Lives are driving demand for on-the-go, convenient Savory Snacks
- The Ethics mega-trend: Ethical and Environmental issues alone cannot motivate consumers to choose Savory Snack products
- The Experience and Enjoyment mega-trend: The desire for quality Savory Snacks is the primary motivator of consumption behavior in China
- The Health and Wellness mega-trend: Health has a relatively low influence on Savory Snack consumption despite rising obesity concerns
- The Individuality mega-trend: Chinese consumers look to Ethnic and Traditional Snacks to provide comforting moments of me-time through familiar tastes
- The Trust mega-trend: Concerns over ingredients, manufacturing, and production will affect Savory Snack consumption
- The Value mega-trend: Consumers are seeking better Value through lower prices as well as trading-up for superior experiences
- Manufacturers of Savory Snacks are innovating across categories to target the growing needs of Chinese consumers
- Global innovations on formulation can be a source of inspiration for Chinese manufacturers
- Manufacturers are innovating healthy snacks to target the dietary needs of consumers across the globe
- Globally, manufacturers of Savory Snacks are innovating with indulgent and fun products to meet the needs of consumers
- Manufacturers, marketers, and retailers need to highlight the Experience and Enjoyment, Quality, and Convenience provided by Savory Snacks
- Manufacturers, marketers, and retailers should develop products to appeal to the health needs of an aging population
- An explanation of the sub-trends
- Detailed methodology
- About Canadean