Product Code: FD0004IS
This report provides an overview of the Brazilian Dairy Food market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product development for effectively targeting the most pertinent consumer need states and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on the evolving consumer landscape.
- Brazil's Dairy market is one of the fastest-growing worldwide.
- Consumers aged 15 and under are the key consumers of Dairy products in Brazil.
- Brazilians select Dairy products based on their ability to meet age-specific needs. This doesn't just apply to children, with older adults increasingly aware of their specific nutritional needs.
- Although poverty rates have declined rapidly in Brazil, the low income of many consumers means they will seek out the best value for money products.
This report allows readers to identify the key demographic groups driving consumption in the Brazilian Dairy market, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. This enables the reader to identify the most important trends within the market and also determine whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
In particular, this report includes:
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Brazilian market are identified. The figures showcase the number of Dairy occasions attributed to specific age groups and gender, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
- Market value and volumes over 2008-2018 for Brazil and nine other countries across the globe.
- The report quantifies the degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Dairy consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that the degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
- The report provides insight to highlight the "so what?" implications behind the data, and analysis of how the need states of consumers within the Dairy category will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
- Examples of international and Brazil-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Reasons to buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Brazilian Dairy consumers. This is based on Canadean's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Dairy sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Table of Contents
- Category classification and demographic definitions
- Summary methodology
- Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
- Nutrition, value for money, and experimenting with flavors are the key drivers of dairy consumption
- With ever increasing per capita consumption of Dairy products in Brazil, the market is witnessing strong growth in both value and volume terms
- Milk is the largest category in Brazil's Dairy sector, accounting for 78% of the total volume in 2012
- There were 130.5 billion Dairy Food occasions in Brazil in 2012 with consumption higher among 0 to 15 year olds
- Across the globe, the Dairy Food market in Brazil is the third-largest in terms of value
- The Dairy Food market in Brazil is the fastest-growing in the world
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
- Men and women in Brazil eat Dairy products as often as each other
- Tweens & Early Teens and Kids & Babies over-consume Dairy products while all adult age groups under-consume
- Dairy consumption frequency is uniform among men and women in Brazil
- Consumers aged between 0-15 years are the most frequent consumers of Dairy Food in Brazil
Consumer trend analysis
- Age specific requirements and Individual needs are the key motivations for choosing Dairy Food in Brazil
- Consumer trends influencing Dairy consumption can be compared globally to provide greater context on the degree of influence each trend has
- The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: Fortified dairy products targeting age specific needs are growing in demand
- The Connectivity mega-trend: Marketers are leveraging social media for launching dairy products for the younger demographics
- The Convenience mega-trend: Longer working hours are driving consumers to seek time-saving Dairy products
- The Ethics mega-trend: Consumers are more worried about functional benefits than any ethical claims
- The Experience & Enjoyment mega-trend: the high importance of nutrition means the enjoyment of eating Dairy products is unimportant
- The Health & Wellness mega-trend: Consumers in Brazil use dairy products to stay healthy
- The Individuality mega-trend: Due to increased discretionary spending, consumers in Brazil seek products that reflect their individual lifestyles
- The Trust mega-trend: Consumers are still wary of food safety
- The Value mega-trend: The desire for better value shows that consumers are looking out for better deals
- Manufacturers are innovating across categories to target growing needs of Brazilian consumers
- Manufacturers worldwide are focusing on innovative formulation, positioning, and packaging
- Products should provide positive nutrition to different age groups
- Marketers should target women's busy lives and the emerging Northeast region
- An explanation of the sub-trends
- Detailed methodology
- About Canadean