The BRC World Data Networks report compares the full range of services that global network service providers now offer multinational customers. These providers have been adding new capabilities in growing areas of cloud computing, IoT and on-demand networking, while continuing to extend their network and data center infrastructures.
The report covers the largest global providers: AT&T, BT, Deutsche Telekom, Level 3, NTT, Orange, Verizon and Vodafone. The services covered include:
- Network services such as IP VPN over MPLS, Ethernet, VoIP and high-definition video.
- IoT and on-demand networking capabilities.
- Data center and cloud services such as IaaS and cloud-ready links to cloud service partners.
Comparisons using customer buying criteria are presented in more than 40 detailed tables and charts. These show features of individual services from different providers side-by-side, giving readers an immediate view of what to expect from typical service providers and highlighting which service providers match particular customer needs.
World Data Networks helps anyone requiring a detailed understanding of the competitive landscape including multinational network buyers seeking the best providers and services for their needs, or service providers seeking competitive advantage.
It saves the time and cost of researching the market yourself. World Data Networks has been refined and updated over many years by drawing on multiple data sources, discussions with service providers, and experience of helping clients evaluate and buy services.
Table of Contents*
- Background to Providers
- Countries with Sales Offices
- International Coverage Per Service
- Countries with Dense In-Country Cover
- Countries where Each Provider has Own MANs, DSL Access and Last Mile Ethernet Access
STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS OF EACH PROVIDER
- Multinational Customer Focus
- Recent Network and Data Centre Partnerships and Investments
- Making Networks Cloud-Ready
- Recent Service Developments
DATA CENTRE SERVICES
- Countries with Data Centres
- Countries with Data Centres Providing Flexible IaaS
- Standard Hosted Enterprise Applications
- Intelligent Content Distribution Services
- Cloud Infrastructure Partners
- Cloud Applications Partners
- Most Common Partners: Amazon, Equinix and Microsoft
- Background to SDN and NFV
- Focus of Developments involving SDN/NFV
- On-Demand Services Using SDN/NFV
INTERNATIONAL IoT SOLUTIONS
- Positioning of IoT Capabilities
- Platforms for International IoT Service Delivery
- Specialist International IoT Solutions
- Generic SIM-Based M2M Partnerships
IP VPN SERVICES
- Classes of Service
- Numbers of Cities per Country Covered by Each Provider's IP VPN
- Availability, Repair, Packet Loss and Jitter SLA Policies
WIDE AREA ETHERNET
- Wide Area Ethernet Services
- Countries with International Ethernet Line over SONET/SDH Services,
- Ethernet Line over MPLS Services and Ethernet LAN Services
- WAN Optimisation Services
- Application Customisation Services
- Countries with VoIP Services
- Hosted IP Telephony Services
- VoIP SLAs
UNIFIED COMMUNICATION AND COLLABORATION
- Infrastructures and Services
- Countries with Managed High-Definition Video Conferencing Services
REMOTE ACCESS FOR TRAVELLING USERS
- User Support
- Expense Management
- Managed Security Protection Services
- Services for Maintaining Security Effectiveness
- Business Continuity Solutions
CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND SERVICE MANAGEMENT
- Hierarchy of Network Management Support Centres
- Countries with Locally Staffed Support
- Customer Support Features
- Online Portals
*More detailed information including a list of tables and charts is available on request.