Product Code: 2398-1075
BMI View:We expect developing Asia to continue driving growth in Asia's food and drink sector.
Developing Asia is characterised by favourable consumer dynamics which are providing significant growth
impetus for food and drink consumption. Rising incomes and rapid food retailing formalisation will
continue to support growth in developing Asia over the medium term, particularly in the Mekong region.
With that said, developed Asia will continue to weigh on growth on the back of a mature retail sector and
negative demographic trends.
Latest Updates & Industry Developments
- We forecast food sales to grow at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% up to 2021, and non-alcoholic drinks sales to grow by a CAGR of 7.0%.
- We hold a particularly positive outlook for the food and drink market in the Mekong sub-region over the longer term, due to favourable demographics and rising incomes.
Table of Contents
BMI Industry View
- Latest Updates & Industry Developments
- Latest Updates
- Structural Trends
- Table: Food Sales (2015-2021)
- Table: Total Alcoholic Drinks Spending And Consumption (Asia, 2014-2021)
- Table: Non-Alcoholic Drinks (2015-2021)
Industry Risk/Reward Index
- Asia Pacific - Risk/Reward Index
- Table: Asia Pacific Food & Drink Risk/Reward Index Q217
- Reckitt Benckiser Makes A Play For Fast-Growing Baby Food Market
- Next 'Four' Ageing Markets Well-Equipped For Demographic Shift
- Value Over Volume In Declining Beer Market
- Alpha Making Waves In Developing MGR Sector
- Competition Growing As Asian Grocery Players Move In
- Corruption Crackdown To Weigh On Restaurant Spending
- Dairy Farm International
- Asia Pacific Breweries
- Food & Drink
- Mass Grocery Retail
- BMI Food & Drink Forecasting & Sourcing
- Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
- Table: Rewards
- Table: Risks
- Table: Weighting